It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Aliens Really think of us...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So far, my only "guess" (and that's all that it is) is that they have a policy of contain and observe.

For me, it's the only thing that makes sense given their actions. Of course, this is from a human perspective. Aliens may have a completely different way of thinking/reasoning for all we know.

But:

1) They haven't invaded us
2) They haven't eradicated us
3) They haven't helped us
4) They've (allegedly) abducted/returned citizens with an intent of no recall

These things for me, point to an idea that as long as we're still in our little solar system, we don't really pose a threat to anyone, so they're just kind of keeping an eye on us until they either need to take one of the steps above, or they feel we've met the "requirements" of becoming galactic citizens...

I'm still under the idea that we may have progressed in some areas at a rate faster than the norm, and that the first atomic reaction sent the technological wake-up call out to the other galactic residents. Until we present a threat or would make good neighbors, best to just let us be maybe... For that reason, we're unlikely to ever see disclosure of any real kind, at least until one of those scenarios presents itself.

Then, there's the other idea that our own tech is at least enough to pose enough of a threat to forestall any invasion ideas, especially given a history of scorched Earth policies...who knows?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Gazrok, very interesting take on the concept.

I think I've made it quite clear that another species CANNOT understand how we think....SO, when you look at the title of this thread, you might begin to understand just how an alien will look at us.

Assuming, of course, that aliens DO exist. (which I happen to think is VERY possible)

Let's keep it plausible, again, please.

IF a Porpoise could understand our spoken language, the maybe we'd find a common purpose....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I think language must be a big problem. I don't mean english or german or russian, but the fact that we communicate in languages that are built around our experiences of physical life on earth and the issues that preoccupy us. food, how to get it, how to cook it; what land belongs to whom and how does one get more; money; job, how stressful it is and how to get a better one and earn more money...

If an alien wanted to start a conversation, what would we talk about? If they aren't looking to help us fix our problems, and since when has it ever worked out when someone offers to fix problems for us, what else is there? We could talk about family because chances are nurturing is universal, but the things we talk about in regard to family are very specific to the way we live in different cultures.

Let's say we could use telepathic conversation, what concepts could we discuss? Almost everything we come up with quickly goes off into how to market it, how to make it into a weapon, how much it will cost to produce. That would be pretty boring to anyone not from earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We are typing, and sometimes at the same time, and then we hit the 'send' button...isn't that the funniest thing???

Need to add a second sentence, just in case....

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What would an 'Alien' think of us??

Firstly....this whole concept assumes that some 'Alien' might be able to understand us. OK, leaving that part aside....

We COULD expect that since we've been broadcasting since the 1920s....both Radio and TV.....but of course, the things we've put out only propagate at the speed of light...which means, at the very MOST....IF the actual understanding of what the speed of light means....THEN, there are very few possible Star Systems that might be able to see US as a viable civilazation.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Depends on the et, or the program they have with you. Some actually care very much about our plight. They're the most important ones. But I also imagine that we are being judged rather harshly, with most of this planets citizens and children living in the most unbearable conditions. We don't demonstrate a basic concept of conscience and the fact that all political stripes and colors only happen after every one is looked after equally, materially equally, with or without occupations, employment or slavery to the elitists taken into account. Ets live in a moneyless resource community, a high tech one. They are telepathic and language isn't a barrier. Their babies don't even cry, because they're spoken to mentally. There are some horror stories out there, and so many questionable agendas.

But the real ets, the ones that are here working on some protocol that I'm still seeking a full answer to, have integrity.
Why do I say that, because as an experiencer, with a building sense of mission regarding the moneyless resource society, after seeing all the crafts this year, and being woken up to my memories, I'm also aware of how many sightings they have on the reservation close to us. A species that honors natives is not your enemy. Thats how I judge.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Let's just say (considering the fact that we don't kno how far past or behind us these 'aliens' are) these aliens are watching us, wut if they can't destroy us, for all we kno, they culdve studied on transportation and viewing objects far away, who ever see u hav to kno nukes and bombs and guns to kno how to see # from far away

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I have always believed that if we cannot even understand ourselves. (can you honestly say you know why your sad when your sad, confused when your confused, or joyful when your joyful? Beyond explaining the chemical reactions that take place in your mind, can you really 'really' explain it?) than how can we even begin to understand how other civilization (or even animals) would perceive us.

It is literally like asking if an orange knows what its like to be an apple, it is illogical

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Scared of us? In awe of us? Cautious of us? They would be aware that the human species is a complex one. They have every right to be cautious or because we’re less technologically advanced (they have UFO’s capable of universal travel - we do not) doesn’t mean we are not advanced. We’re not on par with them, but there’s probably many types of aliens in the universe maybe in primitive stage. They have been interested enough to make countless contact and evidence suggests they have been making contact since Ancient Egypt and the building of the Pyramids.

I think they must realize our potential and also our potential for evil as well as love and good. If they know anything about humans and have been watching us, they will know that humans have been savage monsters in their time. Think about 911, Jews being tortured and gassed alive, Europeans taking over Indian land in America and mass murdering them, changing their romanticized ideals of them into the idea that they were savages…but who were the ones skinning their scalps, murdering innocent men, women and children and disgustingly skinning their private parts, and the genitals of women and stretching them over their sticks? Ones named the savages are the peaceful native man, the real savage is the thought to be sophisticated, western man. The Chinese take over Tibet and the Dali Lama has to flee, and it’s so sad to think, a nation so peaceful - one who doesn’t harm worms because they value life, has to be apart of a war. What would aliens think of savages like these? War has always and will always be apart of Earth and our lives here, but why? Power, greed, selfishness, never having enough and wanting more and lives lost and blood shed all in the name of ego. They would think despite technological improvements, we are a poorly advanced race emotionally and spiritually.

I’ve always wondered what they think of movies, TV, media, music… they must recognize the contradictions of humans and how we’re capable of also much beautiful music and art, books. Sports…I’ve heard they are bemused by sports.
We’re a very schizophrenic planet or people, because of our contradictions of behaviour. Loving then hating, mass murder and bloodshed then brotherhood and companionship. Also, the fact that there is so much diversity of race here - when we think of aliens we think of one particular race all looking the same, but here, we have white, black, asian, indian, language and so many divisions. Despite all the inhumanity and revulsion of humans and the horrific history here, I hope they’ve heard Beethoven and seen in some form, Da Vinci and Michelangelo’s paintings, or even watched an inspiring movie. Of all our evilness, hopefully they’ve seen that we have so much spiritual diversity and potential.

I don’t think they would look kindly on how we treat our planet. Holes in the ozone layer should never have happened, and perhaps we should have researched environmentalist ways of technological advancement before rushing into the machine age and destroying the Earth, but one day, we might not be able to survive here and it will only be the fault of humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If you look at it like this , abductees are put back after abduction. this shows they have some ethical and respect our species. If We capture some ants or insects we usually don't care if they die outside the habitat and do not return them to it.

I have heard they are fascinated at us because of our emotional makeup , we are the ONLY species with emotions and some alien species see us as royalty and special.

Perhaps they do not think of us at all and that is the thing maybe they are not opinionated and just do things and operate on a higher level of understanding , a point we haven't reached.

I mean humans hate each other for being brown black white tall short fat or thin. Just simple ridiculous differences with no merit to it .

aliens are far more advanced in civilization so they would of overcome this view of others a long time ago.

Also they do not understand the concept of money , this is one of many things in all thier knowledge and development perplexes them. Humans are the only species to use this concept wich i might say is holding us back. We are bound to paper and penys. we are only poor because we allow it and create it.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by The Truth Project]

[edit on 27-2-2009 by The Truth Project]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Et's may have no emotion at all

Well, if you take any stock in what "abductees" claim, that is indeed the case. I suspect they are somewhat amazed and amused by our emtions.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
I agree they are probably light years smarter then us. But I doubt they were much more advanced then us in the beginning of their evolution (10,000 years on their planet)

Are you suggesting that humans have only been "around" for 10,000 years?

If so, this thread might fit better in the "faith & spirituality" forums.

I think, that to have a constructive thread in this forum, we (you) need to accept "evolution". if we start talking about giant spagetti monsters, then we lose focus of what this forum is all about.

I explored some of these ideas - check the thread linked in my sig

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Davood]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Davood

If I may jump in, 'Davood'....ermmmm it seems quite clear that 'hominids' have been around for at least 10,000 years. In fact, I'd dare say, that Homo Sapiens actually existed in that time range.

Furthermore, WE, classified as 'Homo Sapien Sapien' likely arose shortly thereafter. PERHAPS.....as recently as 8,000 years ago....and LOOK at we have done, since!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ok here are my thoughts. I might be jumping all over here and I apologise in advanced. First off that aliens see us as just animals doesn't fly. The difference between a civilized race and a animal race is, art culture, language, laws, mathematics and science. These are universal. Animal/plant kingdoms do not have this. Only civilized cultures do. Just because we are behind them in science and math and culture does not mean we are animals and that they are any better than us. Kidnapping and doing experiments or even killing someone from a civilized race is a breach of free will it is wrong and they know it is wrong.

Second I also want to say I don't believe there is any race in the universe of super genius beings. I think that most creatures in the universe iq is around what humans is a little over 100ish and if we had the same resources and the same schooling we could make the exact same thing that any of these creatures do. These things aren't gods they are flesh and blood just like all living things.

Now that, that is out of the way, Usually if a culture is moving forward their technology gets better, and higher. Usually technology in a society is a good measure of how well that culture is doing. Generally a society with high poverty and lots of problems will not have good technology, they have more important problems to worry about. My point is aliens seem to have great technology so it's a good bet that they have a strong society that is not war bound or aggressive. Higher technology = more peaceful society. It's probably a good hypothesis that these creatures do not war with themselves and have abolished a lot of problems on their planet.

Looking down upon us we must look very primitive to them. Just like looking at medieval Europe. However in any culture in any planet in any solar system I don't care where or who. Any planet with a long history has had wars with themselves and has had blood and death and tragedies
and skeletons in their closet. No matter who they are. They may not want to come down and stick their hand out and go hey dude what's up, but they can't write us off because their history has echoed the same as ours and the same as a million other races. Aliens have been down the roads of war and poverty and pain to get where they are today. If they want to write us off as primitive then they really are being ignorant to their own history.

I don't think aliens are going to openly come and talk to us until we hit a certain level of technology and consciousness. Where we as a people stop dividing each other by race, by religion, by language, by money, and class. Where we as a people stop waring with each other and learn that we are all human we are all the same and we may look/talk etc different but our souls are all the same and we are not the enemy of each other. Until the waring stops and the greed stops. The aliens aren't going to come save us they aren't going to come down and talk to us. It's up to us to fix things here not aliens, not god, just us.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join