It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin shops for mega bookdeal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Palin has secured the services of Robert Barnett, the Washington lawyer who negotiated highly profitable book deals for Bill and Hillary Clinton. (Bill Clinton was paid $10 million by Alfred A. Knopf publishing to write his memoirs and Hillary Clinton garnered $8 million by Simon & Schuster to write hers.)

Barnett has also negotiated book deals for President Obama and Obama campaign manager David Plouffe, and has landed lucrative television contracts for many high-profile network anchors and correspondents.

CNN

I am guessing that considering the vast expanse of her intellectual prowess as displayed in the recent election campaign that it will be a color-in book that's been ghost written.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

This coming from the woman who won't stop yapping about how the media needs to leave her family alone?

If this does indeed turn into a book deal then wow, how hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Maybe she and Lynn Spears will co-write a book on how to raise healthy and happy unmarried teenagers? I can see the chapters already " Don't think that it's wrong for your 15 year old to be having sex as long as she is happy"

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Its not necessarily hypocritical. If she's just in it for the money, then yes, it obviously is, but on the other hand, if her intent is to tell her side of the story and to correct some of the more vicious rumors that the media spread about her family, I can't see anything wrong with it. She's got as much right to defend herself and her family as anyone else does.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But the bigger question...aside from the radical right, who will buy her book?

This is not a second line.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think her 15 minutes of fame are up.

Even the leadership of the Republican party refuse to say anything about her prospects in 2012. When asked, they all kinda shy away from her and end up talking about Romney, Jindal, Crist, etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't know. Its true that the party leadership is shunning her, but the problem that they have is that the average GOPer is shunning them and not her. She may not even attempt to run again, but there's little question in my mind that she's far more popular with the party faithful right now than the leadership is. Granted, much can change in four years, but I think she'd give both Jindal and Romney a serious run for their money in the primaries.

top topics

join