It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you wanted to know about Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I started this thread for Archival reasons, this should be used for reference. I noticed there is alot of questions regarding Russia and I wanted to provide this in one area for members to access and ask questions. General questions can include:

Military Aircraft

I can answer any questions on current aircraft/fleets/inventory

Missles and Weapon systems

Again any questions on current systems

Space and strategic missle systems

and many more

I am offering my services for anyone that has questions. Some of the info I provide you cannot find online. Hope to hear some of your questions soon.

-Kdial1

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
so who would have superior air power between the US and Russia in a dog fight?
I am getting at who has the best fighters and not pilots?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What exactly are The Russian Space Forces capabilities?
And how do they compare to their American counterparts?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

That's like asking whether gun x or gun y has the faster muzzle velocity. Without regard for the shooter and other characteristics of the weapons given it's applications. In other words it's a pretty pointless question, and unfortunately one not so easily answered as muzzle velocity, but probably less important.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

Why is it a pointless question asking who has the superior air weapon?
I am talking climb, manouvorability and speed as well as anti missile capability.
Not just who has the best pilot, that is irrelevant if the weapons are unbalanced.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just wanna know if Russia is ruled by the same people that rules us, or if they are one of the only countries that will fight the NWO??

Honestly, you may not have the answers... But, I can't stop wondering about this.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

When compared with their western equivalents, Russian fighters often score on offensive firepower. the MiG-27 and the Su-27 family can be fitted with 'bendy' guns, the MiG-29 was the first fighter to be fitted with a helmet-mounted sight.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

OK thats an opinion I thought you were going to have real proof with links and other evidence

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

May I ask what are your credentials and qualifications (verifiable) that would convince me that any answers you provide would be valid?

I do have one question.

Would you underestimate their (Russian) capability?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

If you're talking BVR (Beyond Visual Range), I'd give it to the F-22.

Up close, I think the SU-class might get the guns, but you'd have to get there first.

The two have never met, and where I come from, no truer statement can be made than..."It's not the plane, it's the pilot."

I still consider 105-0 luck, it's just better luck than those other guys had.

Here's a couple vids for you to check out.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by kdial1

OK thats an opinion I thought you were going to have real proof with links and other evidence

Will add more to this later.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Please disregard this post.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by kdial1]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by kdial1

Not an opinion, it is a fact. If you want specs fine I can go that way from a respectable source "Janes Military and security assessments"

Thanks I would appreciate that.
Becuase you know what they say about opinions we all got them and they all stink like -------s

I'll check back for the links and other sources
thanks for the Wiki link let me know where it states your opinion about Russian jets bieng superior.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Heres a good one...why is Russia building up its supply of arms? I don't know if anybodies notices, but it sure seems like they are getting ready for something to me. I very regularly visit all the Janes Information sites(Defense,Airpower,Land,Intelligence,etc.), and I've noticed alot of things going on. But, perhaps I'm paranoid.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
Heres a good one...why is Russia building up its supply of arms? I don't know if anybodies notices, but it sure seems like they are getting ready for something to me. I very regularly visit all the Janes Information sites(Defense,Airpower,Land,Intelligence,etc.), and I've noticed alot of things going on. But, perhaps I'm paranoid.

Its more replacing stuff that needs to be replaced due to the age off current weaponary is getting higher.

And it is more off a modernisation process to find out the best weapons and to adjust the ratio's off weapons more better.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
can you explain the weapons the americans and the other are using... are they the same thing the counter part are using... im just curious with the faciities.. they may came from the same Weapon Industry... jejejeje

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thinkerbelcan you explain the weapons the americans and the other are using...

Too general to awnser but i suppose the weapons where designed to kill people i guess...

are they the same thing the counter part are using...

Yes, or else they cant counter it? Fairly obvious isnt it?

im just curious with the faciities.. they may came from the same Weapon Industry... jejejeje

Nope, Russia has its own indegious weapon industry who is producing its own weapons. But that is due to the fact that Russia has almost all off the resources in their back garden to use and has industry's to utilise those resources...

USA produces its own stuff but sometimes buy's and uses European stuff.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

hi i am new is it true that russia are using missile technology from 30 years ago? if so why?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

That's like asking whether gun x or gun y has the faster muzzle velocity. Without regard for the shooter and other characteristics of the weapons given it's applications. In other words it's a pretty pointless question, and unfortunately one not so easily answered as muzzle velocity, but probably less important.

Wow, did that make you feel like a big man?

Compensating for something?

Rhetorical question, as it is obvious.

Back on topic...

Does the Russian military outnumber us in soldiers or equipment?

As in, do they have enough aircraft that they could just form a WWII style raid and some will get past our defenses?

Something I've always wondered, as I fear Russia and China together might be able to do that.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravvelman123
reply to post by kdial1

hi i am new is it true that russia are using missile technology from 30 years ago? if so why?

Yes that is why as the above poster mentioned they are modernizing their military and coming out with newer weapon systems to replace the older stuff but unlike the Former soviet Union, Russia is replacing them more along the lines of the western powers with less numbers and more capability.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join