It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Par(r)ish test. Anyone heard of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
When I was really young (K-2) I developed slowly, I don't remember being able to read fluently until 1st grade. I was pulled out of class for a spelling tutor in 2nd because I was way behind in reading (The same year I got glasses because my teacher noticed I had my face 6" from the book when I was reading, turned out I couldn't see the words).

Eventually I went the opposite direction, scoring well on standardized tests, special G/T classes, blah blah.

Long story short, I took an intelligence test some time between 2nd-4th grade, my parents refused to tell me what I scored because, in essence, I was a kid and it was way over my head, etc. I don't remember if this was the Parrish (that's what I recall the spelling to be, might have been one R, I remember the name because a girl in my class had the same last name) test or that the prior IQ test was the reason for my being included in the Parrish test, but either way I didn't see the results of the Parrish test either, nor was I ever told its purpose. It was a long time ago, this isn't the important part.

What concerns me is that I distinctly remember participating in a standardized test called the Parrish test, however just now googling it I cannot find any reference to an (accounting for admittedly bad memory) 'Parish', 'Parrish', 'Paret', 'Parett', 'Parret' or 'Parrett' standardized test, much less what the test was supposed to be measuring (I don't even remember the content of the test, I suppose basic geometric, mathematical and literature problems).

Has anyone heard of and/or taken this test? If so, who was singled out to take this test, and what was it supposed to measure?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Was it a test on paper or with different materials? When I was little (probably about 3rd grade) myself and one other kid were selected to take a test outside of school (to the best of my knowledge). We were told we scored excellent on it. The test measured our speed and memory skills using different things like puzzles I think and questions, I don't remember it very well now, but a few months later the test itself was canceled or something and our scores had no effect on our schooling. I have no idea what the test was called or what it was for, but it really was pointless in my life, except that it made me more confident to know that I was what was considered "smart". This might be the same type of test. ??

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
it was held in the school cafeteria, administered on scantrons. About 50-100 kids taking the test clustered around lunch tables. I think there were a variety of ages, but can't recall that specifically. As I remember it I was the only one in my class excused, didn't recognize anyone else taking the test.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well, I guess it wasn't the same type of test...I don't know what that is, sorry.

new topics

top topics

join