It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Bunkers Down Prepares for War Crime Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Israel Bunkers Down Prepares for War Crime Charges

www.nowpublic.com

"Charges of war crimes are now being leveled—and justifiably so—at the Israelis, many of whom themselves come from families that suffered in the hands of the Nazis over 60 years ago and now claim that the Holocaust was the only tragedy—as if the far more numerous deaths of goyim throughout the world after 1945 count for nothing..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

World sentiment is growing that the state of Israel has knowingly committed atrocious war crimes against Palestinian children and civilians. The reason for the war crimes and child murder that Israel gives in the blogosphere and press demeans and dishonors the victims of anti-Jewish crime. The general excuse that charges against Israel are based on anti-Semitism are not only baseless but toy with the horror and terror that many residents of Israel have known first hand or through family in the past. Such excuses are dangerous and exploit one holocaust for another.

I think Israel is about to get a swift kick up it's backside from the rest of the world.

I wont pretend to understand the complexities of the Israel-Palestinian situation. I don't think there's a right side or correct opinion - real, thinking and feeling people have already been killed over something that has become so clouded by rhetoric, misinformation and finger-pointing that the real, true issues are no longer untwistable from fictions.

What I do think I can say is that I welcome Israel's invasion of Gaza being investigated by courts outside of Israel and Palestine. Hopefully, putting Israel on trial will provide a peaceful outlet for the anger of those whom feel wronged and perhaps it will send a message to Israel that it can use the anti-Semite card no more.

Another extract from another article states:

European attorneys in Belgian have petitioned courts to arrest Israel's Foreign Minister. The action is seen as the first of many in response to war crimes committed in the Gaza Strip.

Belgian court petitioned to arrest Israel's Foreign Minister

www.nowpublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
All I can say is....Inevitable.

It's been about time that the Israeli's had the anti-semite card away; they abused that right by doing the same things that were done to their own people. It's funny; I'm the only outspoken one of my friends and work mates, so whenever I do speak about these atrocities people gawk as if to say...'wow...you're like a nazi too', at least the Israeli sheeple that can't seem to understand anything other than what the news says.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I would love to see them tried for the crimes they committed against the people of Gaza. It would be so great to see them finally have to answer for their behavior and have to face the music. Yet, I am not going to hold my breath, sadly I am afraid that they are too well connected and US support could help them out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It won't happen. The UN managed to do such a great job at stopping the fighting in the first place...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
No war crimes committed. Just because one side starts a fight and gets their backsides kicked from here to eternity, is not any evidence of a war crime.

Starting fights is not a war crime, or Hamas would I'm sure, voluntarily go to court to contest their innocence.

From what I understand, ass-kicking is not a war crime.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are undeniably war crimes involved. Which ones are just a matter of time.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Fortunatly you will not be in the position to officially decide whether war crimes were committed or not. That role calls for unbiased thinking and evidence viewing.

Im sure those that decide between humanitarian conflict and genocide will not have their eyes blindfolded by a blue and white flag.

Respects

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera
All I can say is....Inevitable.

It's been about time that the Israeli's had the anti-semite card away; they abused that right by doing the same things that were done to their own people. It's funny; I'm the only outspoken one of my friends and work mates, so whenever I do speak about these atrocities people gawk as if to say...'wow...you're like a nazi too', at least the Israeli sheeple that can't seem to understand anything other than what the news says.

Wholeheartedly I agree with your opinion.
Just read my signature.

If the former head of the World Zionist Organization even shares the opinion that the 'Holocaust card' is being abused to commit crimes for which Nazi-Germany was convicted, then who are you (in general) to disagree?

Although this was clear to me for a long time, I am happy to see that Americans are opening their eyes. If I compare ATS in 2006 to now, a huge change has taken place.

Surely, Israel should be allowed to defend itself, but many things it has been doing to others are crimes. Why should Israel be allowed to be above the law while other countries are prosecuted for it?

I don't know what it is with the Israeli government, but I'm starting to think that they don't want peace. If you put Palestinians in a living hell, a prison with no rights: not even the right to move freely? No opportunity to build an economy, then what do you expect? Although I condemn any use of violence against civilians, like the terrorist organization of Hamas has being done for so long now, I do understand the Palestinians desperation. I can understand that they see violence as the last resort, even though it's wrong.

If Israel would say today: We're gonna destroy all settlements in the West bank, we allow you to build up your country and a corridor between Gaza and the Westbank, I would fully support Israel if Hamas or any other terrorist organization would commit any sort of terrorist attack against Israel.

One thing is clear, if Israel continues to treat the Palestinian people like they have been doing for so long, peace will never happen. The West MSM fails to mention that Hamas offered to discuss a two-state solution right after they had been selected. Israel instantly denied to even speak to Hamas. Although I understand Israel's opinion on Hamas, they should have given it a chance? When your enemy is willing to discuss a solution, what do you have to lose other than time?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Saying that no war crimes were committed is very blind.

Here's an extract from Wikipedia:

War crimes are defined in the statute that established the International Criminal Court, which includes:

1. Grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions, such as:

[1] Willful killing, or causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health
    [2] Torture or inhumane treatment
    [3] Unlawful wanton destruction or appropriation of property
    [4] Forcing a prisoner of war to serve in the forces of a hostile power
    [4] Depriving a prisoner of war of a fair trial
    [6] Unlawful deportation, confinement or transfer
    [7] Taking hostages

2. The following acts as part of an international conflict:

[1] Directing attacks against civilians
    [2] Directing attacks against humanitarian workers or UN peacekeepers
    [3] Killing a surrendered combatant
    [4] Misusing a flag of truce
    [5] Settlement of occupied territory
    [6] Deportation of inhabitants of occupied territory
    [7] Using poison weapons
    [8] Using civilians as shields
    [9] Using child soldiers

3. The following acts as part of a non-international conflict:

[1] Murder, cruel or degrading treatment and torture
    [2] Directing attacks against civilians, humanitarian workers or UN peacekeepers
    [3] Taking hostages
    [4] Summary execution
    [5] Pillage
    [6] Rape, sexual slavery, forced prostitution or forced pregnancy

Just before the above list, Wiki states:

On July 1, 2002, the International Criminal Court, a treaty-based court located in The Hague, came into being for the prosecution of war crimes committed on or after that date. However, several nations, most notably the United States, China, and Israel, have criticized the court and refuse to participate in it or to permit the court to have jurisdiction over their citizens. Note, however, that a citizen of one of the 'objector nations' could still find himself before the Court if he were accused of committing war crimes in a country that was a state party, regardless of the fact that their country of origin was not a signatory.

Is Gaza an occupied state?
Has Israel settled or tried to settle it?

Is Gaza a separate entity, a nation in its own rite, to Israel?
Was the Israel-Gaza conflict classed as international?

Which of the above listed acts did Israel commit?
Did Israel commit any of the above listed acts in a state that objected to the International Criminal Court?

And don't try to wag-fingers at Hamas. There is no either-or-or. Both have committed criminal acts against one-n-other and themselves. Saying, "Yes, but..." is not a way forward for either party. Saying, "Yes, we understand and accept duel responsibility." would be a beginning that could help bystanding citizens of both states to step forward and tell their governments and militants that hostility (spoken, unspoken and enacted) must stop.

Neither Israel nor Hamas are innocent. Both are hurting. Surely people's lives are worth more than egos. And surely all parties must realize that their consciences must be made public and guiltiness established by impartials.

[edit on 23/1/09 by Rapacity]

[edit on 23/1/09 by Rapacity]

new topics

top topics

join