It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Manipulating Market Prices, Gold, Oil and Bonds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Fed Manipulating Market Prices, Gold, Oil and Bonds

www.marketoracle.co.uk

To say that markets have been behaving “strangely” recently is an understatement. In recent weeks and months we've been witness to historic lows in sovereign interest rates in-the-face-of record amounts of debt being issued by governments? We've seen the price of gold behave counter intuitively by “not rising” in-the-face-of unprecedented systemic global economic malaise? Last, but not least, we've witnessed a “complete flip-flop” in the traditional pricing of Brent Crude Oil [IPE-London] versus West Texas Intermediate [NYMEX-N.Y.]?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I didn't really have time to double check the article's sources to verify its conclusions. Everyone here seems like they are much more intelligent than I when it comes to understanding market forces? So I decided to post the article here to see what everyone thinks.

How reliable is this story's information and conclusions? Does anyone have anything to add that supports it or refutes it?

www.marketoracle.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i read that article today on another website. good info. make sure and follow the link about " the feds blueprint for market intervention"
i'll post it here.
www.gata.org...

more info in this thread as well..

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Novastar824

Greetings....It is evident that there is somewhat of a shortage of silver,and one would expect the market forces to move to a dramatic increase in the price of silver,which has always been real money long before the federal reserve.....When wall street sells 100 contracts on a 100 ounces of silver( each contract for 100 ounces at the spot price of silver at the time) each contract affords the option to take delivery....The problem comes in when the losers decide to take delivery and pay the difference between the contract price and the spot...Wall strret does not have the silver they were selling.....The same thing will happen with Gold...Free market forces on real money at some time soon will have to prevail...This will be a nightmare for any economy living on credit and making money as it needs it....

top topics

join