It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Roads Reduce Global Warming

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
look violet i resent you belittling my very important contribution i told you already white tyres will percolate thru porous asphalt and paint is not required...

why can't you understand?

eh?

you assertion roads will dazzle motorists is sheer fabrication...

matt roads don't dazzle.

white tyres will automatically whiten the road.

white roads don't dazzle as they are matt not gloss...i suggest you look at your room walls.

whites roads need less light at night...

eh?

who are you working for?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Tell you what. I'll give you concrete roads. They will reduce the ambient urban temperature about 7 degrees in the summer. And they will allow better gas mileage.

But not white paint. Of any variety. Its a public hazard and too expensive to maintain.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Violet ol' buddy,
Your points are dead on.
I was going to reply saying "White Roads Reduce Global Warming, but blind the drivers!" Then I read your comments, and you mentioned it already.

I remember one time I was snowboarding in the mountains, in daylight. I found that the white snow will blind you, no joke. It is like a mirror because of wetness too. I found that a few locals there use sun block lotion because the snow reflects so much light, and will burn you much faster.

I still think if you want to reduce pollution, just capture it instead of releasing it into the air. Problem solved.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
None of you have ever been on a Concrete road?

few problems with your post

And don't forget concrete gives off a massive amount of CO2. I think it's one of the top major scources of the stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
look violet i resent you belittling my very important contribution i told you already white tyres will percolate thru porous asphalt and paint is not required...
you assertion roads will dazzle motorists is sheer fabrication...

matt roads don't dazzle.

white tyres will automatically whiten the road.

white roads don't dazzle as they are matt not gloss...i suggest you look at your room walls.

whites roads need less light at night...

who are you working for?

I''m sorry if you felt I was belittling you, but I'm just trying to point out the flaws in your ideas.

YOU said paint the roads white, that wasn't MY idea.

"Old roads could easily be painted or chalked over to make them white."

Chalk by the way washes off ... it could rain.

You still haven't said what material will be used for the white roads, excluding fresh concrete, paint, chalk and of course the blacktop (asphalt).

Asphalt has crushed gravel in it's mix, and over time will fade into the colour of the gravel used. For example gravel from arizona that's red tinged, will fade to this colour. The gravel used is local or as close as the nearest gravel pit. It's mixed with oil.

White roads will blind, just as snow does, irregardless of the glossyness or lack of it. It would be even more blinding at night when headlights glare across it. Why do you think skiers use sunglasses to ski? Sorry you can't understand that. Further more they won't stay white. Everyone knows white gets dirty, except you it appears.

White tires will NOT whiten the roads. Nevermind neither the tires or roads won't stay white.

Do you seriously expect every tire manufacturer to change all their tires? Or the paving industry to change to accomodate to this idea? Or the gravel pits to stop excavating and selling gravel? They should all go out of business? Really? Do you even know the astronomical costs of paving ONE highway or bridge? And you think they all should be resurfaced?

Anyways, I'll leave you alone to discuss your idea.
Sorry for the intrusion

[edit on 2-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

perfect.. how convenient...
just as white sugar and white bread are bleached white with ground up cow bones..

the asphalt for these new shining white roads of the future new world will be bleached with the bones of the perished quarantined detainees from the fema camp furnaces .

soylent white.... .is peeeeeeopleeeee

ahem....

-

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hey, I'm white, but I love wearing black. And I'll keep doing it.

Oh, and another thing: "black" people are actually more brown-like. But of course you wouldn't say that, cause that resembles another "racial group", isn't that so?

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Text Red

alright, this is funny.
but, you've got a point when talking about the roads.
kudos.

B&B M&NText

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
this is som weird stuff people i agree

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
He's right white roads would help but not by any large margin the best heat reflectors our planet has are the ice caps which is why if they melt it will get hot so much faster.

Even though there are so many roads if you view Earth from space they don't cover enough surface area to be visible what we would need to do is cover vast areas white or just put some type of sun shield in space.

Nice idea though but I can't see it ever happening for the reasons above.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join