It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have negative points

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I know that I was given some sort of warning for something I can't remember once. I have no idea what earned these -negative points.

Enlighten me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well if you got a warning it probably took away more points than you had, so you 're into the negatives.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'll add on, do you know a way to transfer ATS points to BTS points?

I owe BTS about a billion points... but i have a stimuls package's worth of ATS points... can I move them around and bring me up into the positives on BTS?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Have you checked your U2Us? You should have received a message from the Mod that deducted your points, with an explanation for it.

And here is a little tip for you:
If you join Twitter and tell a Mod about it, you will be rewarded 5000 points!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I know that I was given some sort of warning for something I can't remember once. I have no idea what earned these -negative points.

Enlighten me.

Eight days ago you were given a warning which comes with a point deduction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Do the moderators still give out those little red warn tags that appear on your avatar? I haven't seen them in a while.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Same warning but the red tags have been done away with.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I suggest you read your u2u's and get in contact with the mod that gave the warning if you want further clarification as to why the warning was issued.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow, I'll be a little old man by the time I get back to positive numbers.

Second line.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Chance321]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The only thing I can suggest is that you think twice before you post anything even remotely controversial and that when the topic turns to insults, either ignore or take a break. This will help you avoid those negative points.

Wish ya the best.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
The only thing I can suggest is that you think twice before you post anything even remotely controversial and that when the topic turns to insults, either ignore or take a break. This will help you avoid those negative points.

Wish ya the best.

I should AVOID controvery on a conspriacy forum.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That isn't off topic. HOW is it off topic? It is absolutely germaine to the original conversation!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You may want to review our T&C and also our various posting guidelines in the Forum Board Information

There are ways to post and ways not to post. Using vulgarity will get your posts deleted.

Enjoy your stay.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
THAT was not vulgarity.

Schoolyard a bit, but VERY far away from vulgarity. Unless you are applying a completely different standard for me personally just to prove a point because I'm being difficult.

I have reviewed your t&c. I've been a mod on boards before, I know how it works. You're being a bit overly zealous if that is your standard for vulgarity.

[edit on 2009/1/22 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think the main thing to remember is that ATS does not allow members to attack other members no matter how subtle. If you keep your language clean, attack ideas not people and treat others like you would someone standing right in front of you there will be no issues.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
It really is quite simple.

Civility & Decorum are Expected
Courtesy Is Mandatory
No Profanity or Circumvention Of Censors

Cooler heads prevail. so if/when you feel the heat building under your collar, or keyboard for that matter, take a walk... step away.

There's never a justifiable reason to allow a fellow member's posts or actions to influence or control one's own.

YOU are responsible for your own posts

Just sayin'...

If ever a question or concern, please don't hesitate to ask.

All the best.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If you keep your language clean, attack ideas not people and treat others like you would someone standing right in front of you there will be no issues.

Edit: sorry bout that, I agree that was unnecessary. What king speaks is the truth.

To OP:
As to the points. They really don't mean anything other than a measure of your contributions to the site over the long term, and they let you buy a few things in the member store. Instead of making thread like this, if you want points there are sooo many ways. Go dig up a story, and post a new thread. Do a podcast. They give you like 2500 for that. Be a contributor as much as you are a reader.

[edit on Thu Jan 22nd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by jam321

Wish ya the best.

I should AVOID controvery on a conspriacy forum.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I know what you mean, almost my first post was to put a caption to a pic of g-bush after obama won & because my caption had bush saying the word negro ( my english sense of humour ) i had 500 points deducted & a warning. So stupid that anyone could take offence at it as i was obviously taken the mick out of bush.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join