It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman Coincidences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I was surfing the net looking at pics of ghosts and whatnot and found the Mothman stories and started looking in to it a bit more. I found a cryptozoologist by the name of Loren Coleman, who wrote a book on this subject. I am talking with him now about the bizarre events that occurred around this time "last week of January" in Point Pleasant, WV. 2002.

It seems kind of strange that 8 fatal car accidents happened in 6 days, and they happened about this time (jan 26th and the following 5 days).
This is strange because last night there were two deaths there. Caused by...guess...a tragic fatal car accident. (this may well just be the sleep deprivation speaking but looking at information from Loren Coleman's Page (among others) all night makes me wonder.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting and thought you all MIGHT enjoy it. This is my first post so please be nice

I guess we will wait and see what happens within the next 5 days. Even if nothing else happens (I hope it doesn't) it's still an odd coincidence ..(I won't post sleep deprived anymore...I promise
)

Here are some related links that may help this thread make sense to the rest of civilized society:

Point Pleasant Register

Again here is Loren's site
and finally...
Prairie Ghosts.com

[edit to change thread name

[edit on 23-1-2009 by RustykShade]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The "Mothmen" are fascinating and I look forward to this thread turning up some salient information that is not currently in the public domain.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I will suggest you use the search function on these forums, if you want to really delve into this subject.

There is some very interesting threads on this very topic in the archives.

This has always been an intriguing story.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Loren Coleman is a very famous cryptozoologist, and Mothman is considered a Cryptid, not a paranormal figure. But, Mothman is in league with a paranormal entity, by the name of Indrid Cold. Indrid Cold has only revealed himself once, and it was to someone by the name of Woodrow "Woody" Derenberger. In The Mothman Prophecies, Woody was replaced by a man named Gordon. Mothman revealed itself to many tragedies, the most famous being the Collapse of the Silver Bridge. It was also seen at 9/11 and the Chernobyl neucleur accident. So, if you needed info, this is all I could supply.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As I said I am talking to Loren, and he was saying that the accidents of last night may be connected with a different death last night, but didn't give any details other than "stay tuned"

I should clarify this though, I was looking at the "coincidences" of deaths that follow this story. I found them a bit odd. I have studied this topic before but never found them before. I hope to understand more about everything and am looking at the other posts here for more details.

Also today is the anniversary of yet another death that took place EXACTLY 7 years to the day...(Thursday, January 22, 2002) This struck me as odd and is the reason I found out about the deaths yesterday. This death was one of the coincidental deaths found on Loren's Death List. This for me is a vexing subject, and I too, hope this will bring forth information that hasn't been covered in previous threads (however unlikely that may be
)
~Off to do more research!!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by RustykShade]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ah...the spoils of research...

Loren got back to me about the coincidences. He sent me this link and my wife and I got a thank you for helping his research...(sorry not trying to brag...ok maybe a little
) The article can be found HERE

This thread probably needs to be moved...sorry but I didn't expect it to evolve into this.

Mods...please don't kill this yet! Move it,but please don't kill it.

The article is quite fascinating although a bit off the topic of the mothman incident in WV. Which was the point of the thread, but it is still pertinent to the subject to a degree.

Sorry if I have mislead anyone here, and am hoping to structure the mothman threads if the powers that be here on ATS wish it so.
Thank you for not booting me yet!

[edit on 23-1-2009 by RustykShade]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I've done quite a lot of reading about mothman, the numbers, etc. and there is one thing I'd like to mention.

Has anyone noticed the similarities between the Mothman and the first St. Anthony? There are too many for me to list them all right now, but I do have links if you'd like to research it on your own. Maybe you'll come up with something I've missed; it'd be cool to compare thoughts on this.

Catholic Encyclopedia on St. Anthony
Iconography of St. Anthony

DISCLAIMER: I am RustykShade's wife, but I am my own person and would not be a member of ATS if I did not want to post MY OWN opinion. I speak for myself, and he speaks for himself.

[edit smileys - had a run in: :hey
]

[edit on 1/24/2009 by MystykShade]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
ok mods, you can kill this thread anytime you feel like it. It's no longer feasible to keep it around. Sorry for the inconvenience.

join