It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD Asteroid impact, 2012 CGI mock up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I dont know if the HD videos work with this site..?

HD CGI asteroid impact, looks spectacualar. I would go to the actual video if i were you to see it in full size HD.

It looks awesome and i think is a rpetty acuurate representation fo what would actually happen if a meteor of that scale hit earth in 2012.

[edit on 22/1/09 by Gregor100]

Fixed link

[edit on 22/1/09 by Gregor100]

[edit on 23-1-2009 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Great video, looks awesome and love the song. My only problem with the video is it wouldn't happen that slow. It's going to be a slam, even from the view of that camera.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Yeah that was my thought also. I understood it would look more like this.
img265.imageshack.us...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Heh, pretty cool. But do people still believe an asteroid is going to hit us in 2012? lol...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Wow. Perfect song. If I ever have a choice of song to listen to before I'm about to die, "Great Gig in the Sky" will be it.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Looked like Australia had turned into ash at the end. It also seemed like at the start, the continents were being ripped apart, but then most of them were just set ablaze and left to burn.

Good Video!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Can you check the link?

it comes up with "The URL contained a malformed video ID."

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That vid's been around for a while. I don't have the same music on my copy tho. I like his better. But, for those having link issues, you can watch it here if ya wanna.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon

Yeah that was my thought also. I understood it would look more like this.
img265.imageshack.us...

I hope it isn't anything like that picture, haha. Doesn't appear anything could survive that, including Earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iced_blue

Its on the UK youtube.

Search 'HD Asteroid impact CGI' or something along those lines

And in reply to the post saying it wouldn't be that slow I never thought of that actually. In yours it looks like it's basically jsut gone straight through the earth... hmmmm

Edit: Click the second link the first one doesnt work :S

[edit on 23/1/09 by Gregor100]

[edit on 23/1/09 by Gregor100]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i hope none of that happens but it was still a good video and good graphics but still don't want that to happen

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Though I love CG it doesn't feel accurate. It would go so much faster, with the first shockwave doing so much more damage. Remember those nuke videos, with the first shockwave just 'flattening' trees/buildings, well multiply that by a few thousand...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To those talking about speed... im pretty sure its in slow motion :/

If thats what you meant

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wow scary video

Don't bother me much though, I've got a time share in the underground bit of Denver international airport... Oh wait, what if one of the others has got the pad that week - Damn I can never get the place when I want, time share is a rip.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Looks like the only safe place to hide out would be the other side of the moon, but even then, you'd have no place to come back to, and would take millions of years for the earth to cool back off again and restart the cycle of life. heh.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Yhea right, that's why we really have to get off our comfortable little rock and start spreading through space (like a cancer
oh I just!) right now we literally have all of our eggywegs in one cosmic basket - something like that in the vid would seal humanity's fate, no one would know we ever existed save maybe a few deep space probes and the odd satellite that is still in orbit, and that would be a very sorry state of affairs, people put a lot of work in to get us to the point where I can stay in bed all day drinking beer and watching TV
:w:

I'm gonna say we need a minimum of 2-3000 people in each off world colony, and we need say a min of 10 colonies, say the moon, mars the Jovian moons and a few of those generational ships goin off to other solar systems.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
one of the replies on the youtube vid confidently states that this video is fake!

I laughed so much!! Are there REALLY people who are THAT stupid out there?!?!?! really?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Looks like the only safe place to hide out would be the other side of the moon

You mean the Dark Side of The Moon?

The rest of us will be getting free tickets to the Great Gig In The Sky

top topics

join