It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Government Wont Stop Till Dollar Collapses.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

At a minimum, hyper-inflation is a certainty.

Well, at least I've got wheelbarrow, so I can fill it with money when I go to the store for a loaf of bread ...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David, I really like your post...and some others on here. I think this is what we should all be expecting. No candidate, except for Ron Paul in the beginning (and then later on with Chuck Baldwin from the Constitution Party) ever said they would pull right out, let alone focus on our domestic issues by putting America and her home land first. It was going to be more war, no matter who was put in office. Some downplayed it, letting the lack of exact intentions allow voters to formalize a false hope.

Thomas Jefferson warned us that this pattern of behavior on the part of our leaders, over a period of time, is proof of a conspiracy! Listen. "Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers, too plainly prove a deliberate, systematical plan of reducing us to slavery." ["The Works of Thomas Jefferson", Volume 1, p. 130, as quoted in "The Unseen Hand", by A. Ralph Epperson, p. 196]

Haven't you noticed, and probably verbalized to someone, that it does not matter for whom you vote? Haven't you heard it said that there is not a "dime's worth of difference" between Democrat and Republican parties? Of course, you have! Thomas Jefferson warned us that such a pattern is proof of a conspiracy!

The CFR is the greatest example of how this continuity is successfully carried forward in 20th Century America! For this reason, all Presidents since World War II have staffed their administrations with men and women who were members of the CFR. President Obama is no exception. The Illuminati is firmly in control and will ensure that Obama follows the daily script handed him!

Now, I'm not advocating that this is going to be the case. Maybe what has transpired over the last day is a face of more things to come but I'm willing to bet...it's just all smoke and mirrors. Trust tactics for the big BS bomb about to come.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDarkNight

Haven't you noticed, and probably verbalized to someone, that it does not matter for whom you vote? Haven't you heard it said that there is not a "dime's worth of difference" between Democrat and Republican parties? Of course, you have! Thomas Jefferson warned us that such a pattern is proof of a conspiracy!

Welcome to the forum, DN. Take a look at my signature, and you'll see what warning of Jefferson was ignored to get us into this entire mess to begin with. Ron Paul also warned us that the Fed would destroy this country, and again, he was right.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
What i want to know is where are the Republicans and Democrats who post on ATS? Why do they never comment on these things? Would they rather argue about issues or who did what wrong and who is to blame...endless finger pointing? There are countless threads right now with these same things happening.

When i first started posting here I was one of them. At one point i started to realize that the same things i was accusing the other party of...i was guilty of defending the other on the same thing. I realized i was being hypocritical.

That's when i started to look at all differently. I began to be more objective of the information i was receiving and started to set aside my own biases and looked at it all together.

The Rep/Dem blame game is a trap. A trap to keep people to feel as if they have a side to fight for when they only end of fighting within themselves justifying wrongs and criticizing rights.

In the meantime, the status quo continues. More government, more spending, more excessive war.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Looks like somebody already beat me to my premise. I am very glad to see Ron Paul coming forward. It is a bit refreshing; however, it is either genuine warnings or a sign that what the unseen hand has gained is what they feel are unstoppable grounds in the pursuit of the NWO...as in the words of Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd President of the U.S.A:

"Nothing in politics ever happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes....that is a very favorite quote of mine. Thanks for the hospitality greeting. I think I will like it here.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yes David. Very good. ....It is a trap. It is a psych ops!

If Obama really cares about the freedom of choice Americans should have, he will work desperately to "allow" the standing of a third "independent party". He would be a traitor to his own and would be sacrificing his life...but all for the greater good of saving the republic and its constitution.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

What i want to know is where are the Republicans and Democrats who post on ATS? Why do they never comment on these things? Would they rather argue about issues or who did what wrong and who is to blame...endless finger pointing? There are countless threads right now with these same things happening. When i first started posting here I was one of them. At one point i started to realize that the same things i was accusing the other party of...i was guilty of defending the other on the same thing. I realized i was being hypocritical.

I have to admit that, like you, when I first joined ATS, I also was a partisan. However, in the process of debating on threads, it finally hit me that what was being debated was meaningless, and that indeed, both sides used the same arguments to support their "side". As time went on, I realized that these perceived differences were actually encouraged by the political hacks to divert attention away from what was really going on, much as a magician uses an assistant to divert attention away from the sleight of hand.
Today, I saw a couple of threads that thanked Bush for his service. I started to read through them, and it again reminded me how the politics of "them versus us" are the modern day "bread and circuses of the Roman Empire." As long as the people fall for this diversion, they will not be able to think, unite, and throw the bums out.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I'm still a Republican, starting to think it's pointless, The good Doctor believes the party can be wrestled back to it's roots. I however, am loosing that conviction. Not because he is wrong, far from it, but because I think he is more right than even he understands. By the way, have a look at ron paul predictions from 2002, I used some of them in a video I made.

Predictions

by Congressman Ron Paul, MD

Our government intervention in the economy and in the private affairs of citizens, and the internal affairs of foreign countries, leads to uncertainty and many unintended consequences. Here are some of the consequences about which we should be concerned.

I predict U.S. taxpayers will pay to rebuild Palestine, both the West Bank and the Gaza, as well as Afghanistan. U.S. taxpayers paid to bomb these areas, so we will be expected to rebuild them.

Peace, of sorts, will come to the Middle East, but will be short-lived. There will be big promises of more U.S. money and weapons flowing to Israel and to Arab countries allied with the United States.

U.S. troops and others will be used to monitor the "peace."

In time, an oil boycott will be imposed, with oil prices soaring to historic highs.

Current Israeli-United States policies will solidify Arab Muslim nations in their efforts to avenge the humiliation of the Palestinians. That will include those Muslim nations that in the past have fought against each other.

Some of our moderate Arab allies will be overthrown by Islamic fundamentalists.

The U.N. will continue to condemn, through resolutions, Israeli-U.S. policies in the Middle East, and they will be ignored.

Some European countries will clandestinely support the Muslim countries and their anti-Israel pursuits.

China, ironically assisted by American aid, much more openly will sell to militant Muslims the weapons they want, and will align herself with the Arab nations.

The United States, with Tony Blair as head cheerleader, will attack Iraq without proper authority, and a major war, the largest since World War II, will result.

Major moves will be made by China, India, Russia, and Pakistan in Central Asia to take advantage of the chaos for the purpose of grabbing land, resources, and strategic advantages sought after for years.

The Karzai government will fail, and U.S. military presence will end in Afghanistan.

An international dollar crisis will dramatically boost interest rates in the United States.

Price inflation, with a major economic downturn, will decimate U.S. Federal Government finances, with exploding deficits and uncontrolled spending.

Federal Reserve policy will continue at an expanding rate, with massive credit expansion, which will make the dollar crisis worse. Gold will be seen as an alternative to paper money as it returns to its historic role as money.

Erosion of civil liberties here at home will continue as our government responds to political fear in dealing with the terrorist threat by making generous use of the powers obtained with the Patriot Act.

The draft will be reinstated, causing domestic turmoil and resentment.

Many American military personnel and civilians will be killed in the coming conflict.

The leaders of whichever side loses the war will be hauled into and tried before the International Criminal Court for war crimes. The United States will not officially lose the war, but neither will we win. Our military and political leaders will not be tried by the International Criminal Court.

The Congress and the President will shift radically toward expanding the size and scope of the Federal Government. This will satisfy both the liberals and the conservatives.

Military and police powers will grow, satisfying the conservatives. The welfare state, both domestic and international, will expand, satisfying the liberals. Both sides will endorse military adventurism overseas.

This is the most important of my predictions: Policy changes could prevent all of the previous predictions from occurring. Unfortunately, that will not occur. In due course, the Constitution will continue to be steadily undermined and the American Republic further weakened.

During the next decade, the American people will become poorer and less free, while they become more dependent on the government for economic security.

The war will prove to be divisive, with emotions and hatred growing between the various factions and special interests that drive our policies in the Middle East.

Agitation from more class warfare will succeed in dividing us domestically, and believe it or not, I expect lobbyists will thrive more than ever during the dangerous period of chaos.

I have no timetable for these predictions, but just in case, keep them around and look at them in 5 to 10 years. Let us hope and pray that I am wrong on all accounts. If so, I will be very pleased.

April 26, 2002

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

Ron Paul Archives

Original link is here www.lewrockwell.com...

The video I used them can be found in my sig.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

They've been investing money in various areas for years. Why do you think we have a 53 trillion dollar debt staring us in the face? We have gigantic social programs that we don't have the money for on top of the trillions that they seem to keep throwing on the pile.

If it all straightens out...by some crazy miracle...do you think it's going to be infrastructure and green jobs that does it? This is what you think will pull the country out of this gigantic mess? It looks more to me like peeing in the wind than a fix.

This stimulus package won't change anything. It won't erase the debt. It won't erase the out of control spending. It will raise an inevitable HUGE increase in taxes....taxes that we pay far too much of already..for things many of us don't even approve of.

Then what do you suggest? Forget NWO, forget pork barrel spending, and forget corrupt politics. If you, and only you, had the decision making power to stop this mess what would you do?

Also, how active are all of you in electing and watch dogging local government officials? Here is a better question, how many of you voted for your Mayor, Congressman, Senator? How many of you are actively involved in the local political scene, because you'll be shocked to see how much waste is in your own backyard being dumped by your own neighbors. For all of those who think they have no control whatsoever in this economic crunch, you're wrong. Research your local officials, their policies, budgets, and screw ups, and run for local office if you deem it necessary.

I'm an independent, and I have no reason whatsoever to believe that someone who isn't a democrat or a republican will never be elected as President. If you think that the political machines won't let them win, start attacking them at their roots (i.e in your local town/district) and spread the word. Be proactive.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Originally posted by Maxmars
Disregard their noise. Establish a new FREE press, a press between friends, speak to each other, openly, without fear. Strengthen your social ties to your immediate local community. Forget the Federal government; they do NOT represent US, (no pun intended). DO NOT accept unjust laws. A law which is unjust is immoral and treason - at least in MY America. DO NOT succumb to fear of the government, fear leads to violence..., that is THEIR tool, it CANNOT be ours. Speak to each other of America. What she is, DESPITE what 'they' are doing. If our representatives insist on dong it their way, we have every right to disenfranchise them from our society by our own personal actions. DO the right thing for and to each other. Expect justice, do not seize it. Justice will come. It ALWAYS does.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Maxmars]

Excellent post Max but...how can we not accept unjust laws without violence? I am not an advocate for violence, I'm just wondering how you would propose we go about it.

How do we not succumb to fearing our government when it is they who will be violent when we disinfranchise them via our own personal actions? If I do not fear my government, and refuse to go along with their oppression, would not this act of defiense lead to violence?

Please help us see how we can deal with exercising our freedoms peacefully without getting killed for it. I think there is a way. Gandhi is an example but how will that work if not everyone goes along with it. I have a feeling too many people here in America will turn to violence.

If it comes down to ridding the population, it's kill or be killed...is it not?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Not a republican or democrat, i registered years ago as an independent. I guess i just felt that both parties were playing us all. However, after listening to Ron Paul the last year, almost made me want to become a republican. But i don't care what he is, the man is outspoken and is saying what no one else wants to. That much is clear. Maybe he's a bit over the top sometimes, but someday i think we're going to wish there were more Ron Pauls in congress when it mattered.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why didn't you guys vote for this guy?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I'm tellin ya...secession is the answer... Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas all secede, put Ron Paul as the new president. All ya'll are welcome in the new country
Come on over...we haz cheezeburgerz

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ron Paul deserves the Medal of Honor.

May the next gold coin bear his image.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Great thread.

We all have to remember that we are just living in an epoch that has been defined by capitalism. It is not necessarily "right" or "inevitable" that this occurs. In fact we may be coming to the end of this epoch.

Empires come and go; this is how civilisation has changed over time.

We have been sold a pup with the way things have been done over the last century. The share market is a big pyramid scheme; wth a long time scale to lull everybody into a sense of false security. After the music stops in this big game of musical chairs, and nobody gets a seat, things will even out and start again. How many private jets and yachts will it take before people realise that none of this is sustainable?

I don't think it's anything to be afraid of; it's just a new epoch that we are moving into. Perhaps Keynes was right though; the government(s) MUST spend and spend big if we are going to get through this with less pain.

Anyway, it's late here and I am rambling; thatnks for your patience!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And how the hell did the USA EVER allow the Federal Reserve Bank to be privately owned? Wow.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

It's democrats and republicans attacking each other on HOW TO INCREASE OUR DEBT. It's ridiculous.

It's just as I was thinking.Divide & conquer.

It has me concerned as well.Everyone keeps saying "and they/we are doing nothing",but truth be told;all that we can do is get ready.Be prepared.

Has anyone noticed that with all of the talking going on,we are (as a whole) getting pretty quiet.Nothing is really being said.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
As Ron Paul said, "You'll have to create a new system"

My take on that is that this is merely the intended precursor to the Amero.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmy1200

Great post jimmy.I admire your open honesty & agree with you 100%.

IMO,always hope for the best,but prepare for the worst.These words have never felt more right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join