It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Government Wont Stop Till Dollar Collapses.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Unfortunately he's right. The government has shown ZERO indication that they will stop the craziness.

Bernanke is denying information about the meeting with the central bankers...which is rumored to be a new currency.

What can we do? Why doesn't anyone care anymore?

How many trillions in debt do we have to be before people take some action?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
While I'm no fan of the MSM format and hurried approach, I am glad that at least someone heard Dr. Paul state what many don't know.

The chairman of the Federal Reserve (the US Central Bank) conferred with European authorities to discuss a new 'base' upon which to reconstruct a global economy.

Sound NWO-ish to anyone?

The Fed is our destroyer. The congress are her whores. The Senators her pimps. And the President is their lawyer to the people.

Somehow no matter the degree of violation of trust, our 'representatives' and the corporate mainstream media continue to assure us, by what they do and don't say, that "it's all in the hand of the experts".

Once it's too late - to whom will we complain - aside from each other?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Honestly, I am a little confused right now myself. Not by Ron Paul's words, because I think he has always had a very realistic view of what is going on.... And he has a real handle on his understanding of economics.

That said, what is really going on right now?
We got.... Obama stopping the pay of some working for him.

California saying it will not be able to pay Welfare, disability, financial aid, etc.. come Feb 1st.

On FOX a while ago, they said Pelosi is working on getting Obama to lift Bush's tax cuts, and tax the rich.

But at the same time, wars are still going, aid to other countries are still strong, entitlement in the US is crazy... I mean, spending doesn't seem like it will go anywhere but up anytime soon.

I have no idea whether Obama really has any intention on getting things back on track, or if those first few acts have been just for show. Still though, Ron Paul knows what he is talking about, and I hope people are listening.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Maxmars, I always respected your words... But at what point is it "too late"?

It has just been feeling for several months now, that maybe it already is too late. Hey, much continued respect to you, if you think it is not.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
S&F..... Ron Paul is great!!!!

We do care the SHEEPLE dont and Unfortunately they are the majority.

Please SHEEPLE go graze in some other country!!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think that if we can visualize abundance, and realize that we are (for the very first time in the history we currently know) at a point technologically that if we chose to, we could have abundance (all anyone might need or want).

But the "toadies" need to grasp what this would mean. If the toadies that know about free energy were to release it, if the toadies who control other information (keeping it from us) were to release it, we could very easily have all we might want (every one of the 6.5 billion+ of us).

And this would eliminate money (NOT communism, which is a scarcity paradigm, as in there is a finite amount of stuff and you get a "share").

BUT we would have to share information on the web, keep net neutrality, and spend money (how about 700 billion...) to get rid of money.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

You are right. What the government is doing isn't making any sense. They keep spending money, increasing our debt.

I thought we needed to leave Iraq because the money it was costing us. So we leave there and pump more troops into Afganistan?

All this going on and no one seems to give a damn.

The middle east is a gigantic drain on this country...sucking us dry. We need to get the hell out of there...NOW.

It's amazing to me. We see what we need to do...we see what the problem is....SO WE DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE.

Cripes.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Everything is only going to get more absurd and more irrational and more over the top. The war(s) will keep raging in one form or another. The government will keep printing money out of thin air. Also, people are going to be arrested for ridiculous things and the punishments will grow more and more severe.

It's all meant to look like an out of control circus. We're being desensitized to government absurdity so when that absurdity takes the form of massive property confiscation, rationing/denying of water and food, forced labor and most likely a culling of the human herd we'll accept it more easily as it will at that time represent some logic, sense and order.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Your post in THIS thread, right after Benevelent Heretic's: Taliban warn Obama: Leave Afghanistan www.abovetopsecret.com...
omg... right to the point I was thinking, but couldn't come up with the words to say. If I could give a post 10 stars, I would have.

I have never agreed with someone more. Demoncrat, Republican... All the same. They will keep warring and spending out of control until this country self-destructs. And American IS self-destructing, as far as I can see. And I didn't expect to see all of this happening so soon.

I hope everyone has stocked up on protection stuff, and food stuff... I truly believe it's coming. And something makes me think Ron Paul sees it too.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's all meant to look like an out of control circus.

It certainly looks like one with this insanity going on..yet you see people still arguing politics...It's democrats and republicans attacking each other on HOW TO INCREASE OUR DEBT. It's ridiculous. They argue on how to put us in the hole further...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Yeah...that post touched a nerve with me...got a bit angry...heh

Think about it...for 8 years we all complain about the expense of the Iraq war and our deficit...which in turn gives Democrats power.

What do they do plan to do with this power? THE SAME THING. More war...more spending...more burdens on the taxpayer. It's a damn joke.

How in the hell can you trust government when this crap happens?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Let me also point out, this was mentioned before...

But somewhere after 4:40 Ron Paul says that "Policy is going to remain the same. Foreign policy is dictated by individuals who control BOTH the Republican and Democrat parties. So don't expect any significant changes to foreign policy."

EDIT: It's infuriating... but it just confirms what we have known all along. It's like I said before.. Obama had to be the candidate of peace to win over Hillary, and then he had to out-warmonger McLame for the presidency. That was how he did it. And some false promises that have already been called-out.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
GOD the creator has a book called the bible and if you take time to read it you will come to the end of the book called revelation wich is the last chapter and you will notice that there is a end to all things except for God so dont be alrmed as to what is going on it will lead to the end! not of this earth but the system man is under!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I don't normally watch Fox; was there a follow up to the Ron Paul story later? I'm keeping an eye on MSNBC; with Fox taking a peek and letting Dr. Paul speak in full and actually listening, then asking follow up on why there wasn't further coverage speaks volumes.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this story and the follow ups; I'm beginning to think that TPTB are realizing that this might be getting out of hand, let alone out of their control. At least in my opinion, you don't let the sheep learn something and make them aware of the wolf and I consider most that are stuck on listening to Fox sheep, too much paranoia.

Good thread. S/F

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Originally posted by Maxmars

Maxmars, I always respected your words... But at what point is it "too late"?

It has just been feeling for several months now, that maybe it already is too late. Hey, much continued respect to you, if you think it is not.

Thank you kindly.

Part of me seems unwilling to accept that it is, in fact, too late. But it sure seems close to the point of no return.

The state of our political parties is what breaks my heart. Never before have we had such a totally corrupted group of people in place. They are so effective at ensuring that only those they themselves select get a chance to lead us in any direction, right or wrong, it's pathetic.

Many of our representatives will feign total shock and surprise when the final economic death knell sounds, and I expect many of our fellow Americans will ACTUALLY believe their 'innocence' in the matter.

The media is poison now, our children appear to be purposefully MADE to be increasingly detached from reality and dumber. They are made to believe that Nickelodeon drivel about 'saving' the planet (as if WE could save it from THEM). The MTV crowd is busy figuring our how to mate with each other, or how to be 'extreme' (what a life's goal). The commercial news peddlers are manufacturing interest with every 'editorial' they produce. And the religious extremists in our own country are polarizing the nation into anything but the land of the free.

How can there be an escape from this quagmire of contrived garbage that distracts and deludes us, while satisfying our basest instincts to be fat, dumb, and happy?

The truth is, there IS a solution. There is a way we can all restore the true path of the American experiment. But we must accept that, for the most part, we are not ON it now! That consensus will be hard to achieve.

The Fed is the first offender on a list of offending institutions that are the playthings of those who do NOT serve the American people. It must me eliminated - period.

As long as the Fed retains control of our economy, we are subject to their rancid ideologies. Aspiring politicians parties are 'purchased' by the extortive technique of making certain the cost of running is prohibitive. Our political parties are little more than social clubs. We can't realistically expect solutions from them. They have become a singular entity, and seem intent on 'deciding for' rather than 'representing the will of' the people.

Disregard their noise. Establish a new FREE press, a press between friends, speak to each other, openly, without fear. Strengthen your social ties to your immediate local community. Forget the Federal government; they do NOT represent US, (no pun intended). DO NOT accept unjust laws. A law which is unjust is immoral and treason - at least in MY America. DO NOT succumb to fear of the government, fear leads to violence..., that is THEIR tool, it CANNOT be ours. Speak to each other of America. What she is, DESPITE what 'they' are doing. If our representatives insist on dong it their way, we have every right to disenfranchise them from our society by our own personal actions. DO the right thing for and to each other. Expect justice, do not seize it. Justice will come. It ALWAYS does.

If you are accepting that their is a larger evil at work know this - EVIL cannot persist. It always consumes itself. Righteous civility and respect can exist FOREVER. It's time to insist that we all become American citizens. Not media whores, not obsessive consumerists, not thrill seeking monkeys. READ - please encourage READING!

... sorry ... I get carried away sometimes.
I'm as guilty of many of these weaknesses as many, so please understand, this represents part of an internal dialog and not intended to be a sermon for you all.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Why is it that people claim to seek truth, but when truth is delivered it always falls upon deaf ears?

Ron Paul has been pointing at the 5,000 lb elephant in the middle of the room for as long as I can remember but for some reason the masses refuse to listen.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

A close friend and business associate whose phone lately is ringing off the hook for him to consult to help companies before they go under called me today. My friend said, he talked to an economous that has done quite well in knowing what is about to happen to the economy and he is predicting total collapse between April and June of 2009 that is right this year. His predictions weigh heavy on what he anticipates will happen to the stock market down, down, and down.

Spend spend spend it is though both administrations were and are out of control when it comes to spending and running us into the ground.

Pelosi and her followers are going to push right away for taxation of your retirement accounts. The government had better collect the taxes quick because what is coming is not pretty. This is what's left your retirement accounts and the Obama administration have to go after something liquid or of sustance like taxation of your retirement accounts such as 401K before it goes away.

Just printing money can only last so long before hyperinflation takes place and it will creep upon us before we know it like a thief in the night.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by amari]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks for getting carried away. I enjoyed reading the whole thing, for all it's worth. Somehow I find your words comforting.

Although I still feel helpless to simply watch, as everything we've known and loved is taken away.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They’re still allowing this man on TV? I’m honestly mystified. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: how does this man stay alive? I’m still not sure if I believe everything Paul has to say but he’s been pretty spot on for years now, so if we are to assume he is telling the truth he will continue to be spot on. Why would the puppeteers allow him to chatter about their plans for America?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Because they know that nobody is listening.

At least not enough to do anything about it.

When there is no formidible opposition amongst the population what exactly do they have to fear? They can tell you to your face what is in store and care less what you think. They have no fear of recourse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join