It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisonplanet Forum attacked - ATS next?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Prisonplanet Forum attacked - ATS next?

forum.prisonplanet.com

The Prisonplanet Forum has been hacked down for nearly 2 days -all users and guests getting a 'You Are Banned [username]' message. Now there is a cheesy 'We will be back in a minute' message wich has been up for hours -to rub in the salt.

Lot's of anti-Zionist posts on the PP Forum, with an equal number of angry attacks from pro-Gaza-genocide zionists. Is this the 'army' of pro-Israel paid bloggers first big hit?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Personal note: Right when the Forum 'went down' eg all users got the You Are Banned message, the site was under particularly nasty troll attack, a much nastier edge than usual.

I have heard other Truth sites are also taking a lot of downtime right now due to 'hackers' -is this the first flexing of the USA/Israel clampdown on Internet free-speech?

We need to develop 'backup' methods right now

forum.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Backup? Does ATS have backup mirrors in place? If so how many.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well I sure hope you all have a back up plan in place because I get most of my real news in here since my dish went out. I have enjoyed this site now for 2 years but cant login with this old computer. Because it wont accept cookies. But I would really miss being able to come in here and see what is really going on. But that other site is down and something is going on.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would tend to believe that it is just the handy work of disgruntled hackers over the Israel/Gaza issue and not some US government website blocking effort to thwart free speech.

The government has more important things to do than to block some forum.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

OH I dunnnnnoooooo, isn't that the one who had the anti Obama poster, Obama has a lot of hackers, they did this a lot when he was running.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

lol where'd you get this juicy tidbit? From the Sara Palin hacked email? I hangout with the Anonymous crew, most of those cats are just too smart for their own good and too much time on their hands. Hell the kid that supposedly hacked her account wasn't even a hack, he just guessed it and got it right.

If anything, this is that blogger army that I had heard of that IDF had setup, just create mirrors, ban IP's and block Proxy's, harden your security. Most hackers only really exploit holes in the networks architecture, not much more to it unless PP is holding some type of Top Secret ISI stuff, in which case then I lulz.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Riviera

Yes i know I am an idiot,

however, I will look for some info as I recall it

bloggasm.com...

But a short time later Snedeker received an email from another blogger claiming that a number of anti-Obama blogs had been “hacked” that same night. After some digging it became apparent that several Blogspot accounts had been shut down because of similar spam issues, and nearly all of them had three things in common: Most were pro-Hillary Clinton blogs, all were anti-Barack Obama, and several were listed on justsaynodeal.com, an anti-Obama website.

This is MacRanger of Macsmind. As you know I was hacked by operatives of the Obama Campaign last month. Well, it happened again. Basically they flooded the site with “sql bombs” according to the host that caused the shared server to stop running. Subsequently be had to disable the site. This had to do with running the “Obama wants to Disarm America” post which more than 2 million people viewed on the site. Just like the goons in Missouri, the Obama truthers can’t let the truth be known. I’ve now moved the blog back to blogspot at macsmind.blogspot.com at least temporally. Because of the hacking job I had to move to another host but unfortunately they haven’t got the server up yet to redirect the traffic to blogspot. I would appreciate a mention to your readers. I’m getting a couple of hundred emails about “what happened”, but as you can imagine it hard to get the word out by reply.

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The following is an update on this post: OBAMA: TERROR BLOGS CHECK! COUNTER JIHAD BLOGS DELETE! ANTI-OBAMA SITES BLOCKED!

Google Shuts Down Anti-Obama Sites on its Blogger Platform hat tip JJ

-By Warner Todd Huston, Town Hall

It looks like Google has officially joined the Barack Obama campaign and decided that its contribution would be to shut down any blog on the Google owned Blogspot.com blogging system that has an anti-Obama message. Yes, it sure seems that Google has begun to go through its many thousands of blogs to lock out the owners of anti-Obama blogs so that the noObama message is effectively squelched. Thus far, Google has terminated the access by blog owners to 7 such sites and the list may be growing. Boy, it must be nice for Barack Obama to have an ally powerful enough to silence his opponents like that!

gatewaypundit.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

They must be fast, both links are dead.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I don't know what software Alex's forums were but most forums get hacked simply because they weren't updated and patched properly. They are really one of the easiest things to hack on.

I don't think ATS could be considered the "Next Target", but that doesn't mean hackers won't try regardless of what their agenda is. Popular forums get more attention and more hack attempts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riviera

They must be fast, both links are dead.

Second line.

Holy cow and I was just there?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
DDoS attacks are a part of running any large website. Somewhere there's bound to be somebody with the technical know-how and a grudge.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Second time in 2 days. WTH does any of that have to do with this topic? NONE!!! Please leave the political BS in the political threads, on topic there as well if you don't mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Maybe if the mods over there would stop banning people left and right for theories or ideas they don't like they wouldn't have so many disgruntled people trying to blackhat hack their forums.
I doubt ATS will have this problem as these forums rock

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Some of you guys are clearly very tech savvy on this hacker stuff.

The folks over at the Prisonplanet Forum (when it gets back up) could surely use some help from you technical dudes if you are minded. It would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I think ATS (and many others) willbe next, as there is content here that is just as uncomfortable for the zionist interests as the stuff on PrisonPlanet Forum. Jone's sites are first-pick due to his high-profile. The new IDF counter-blog ops are doing this, I'm sure, Zionist Israel already has far too many fingers on USA Internet infrastructure, and too much influence over our lives already.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
Maybe if the mods over there would stop banning people left and right for theories or ideas they don't like they wouldn't have so many disgruntled people trying to blackhat hack their forums.

Only out-and-out trolls are banned. They are here too. To suggest simply posting unpopular theories get you banned is wrong.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
no coincidence

haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by songthrush

Originally posted by darklife

Only out-and-out trolls are banned. They are here too. To suggest simply posting unpopular theories get you banned is wrong.

Really? My first post on their forums was about cell phones *not* causing cancer and giving a bunch of sources and information and instantly got banned along with my post being deleted minutes later because it conflicted with what Alex Jones just got done talking about on his show that same day.
I don't want to argue here but that's what happened.
A lot of my friends that came over to prisonplanet forums from Jack Bloods forums got banned right away and NOT for trolling or bad behavior.

Back on topic I would say they should get some smart coders over there to help fix the security holes. Maybe they could send a copy of the forum code to some whitehat folks to try and find all the holes they can in it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
There's maybe reason then to bring up the process for banning. We all know some posters are happy trolls who really do ask for it, but conflicting views like how you describe should not. I will look into this, mods are human and will get it wrong occassionally. My views on a reclusive elite Nazi Master-Race behind all UFO's and also controlling the NWO are equally 'far-out' for that forum, but I never got banned.

Fwiw, I was in the first tier of cell-phone users back in my younger days, and wealthy enough to use it 'a lot' -I wasn't aware of any health issues, but I did get tremendous headaches on the side I used the phone, so I no longer use one. When I heard about cancer links, I was all the more relieved I gave up using them.

Way i see it, if there IS a cancer link, however remote, then I don't need to use them. Cancer has taken most of my family, including 2 by brain tumors, it is a truly horrific way to die, just horrific.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join