It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO files to be released under Obama Open Government Memoranda

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son Of Liberty
I hope he releases documents relating to 9/11 as well.

Obama isn't releasing or disclosing anything. He's setting new guidelines to how agencies deal with FOIA requests, to try whenever possible to side with the public and release the information requested. I doubt this has directly anything to do with UFOs.

I do hope however, that these new guidelines will help us get access to more meaningful and interesting documents that should have been released long time ago, and access to documents that previously weren't available. And not only pertaining to UFOs, but to other subjects and areas that the public has the right to know.

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Many of the UFO reports are most likely MILITARY applications unknown to the public, so those obviously can't be released. I think very little will come out of this, since I think we severely underestimate how many sightings of UFO incidents are either mistakes or military secrets.

Aww so we're probably not gonna see the documents pertaining to the "military applications" that crashed at Roswell, flew over Washington in 52 and crashed in Kecksburg in 65, right?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I agree with you Crakeur, but you have to look at Panetta, Blair and Clinton's roles as well.

I don't think if Obama is interested in UFO disclosure he would just ask, he would make sure it would happen by getting the right people in the right places. And lets face it, if you want to crack the black ops you need to follow the money trail and Panetta was brilliant in his time at the Budget commission.

Personally I don't know if Obama is interested specifically in disclosure and may not care, but I think the Democrats are.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just watch Obama's face now that he is President, and compare it to before he was President.

If his face looks like he has seen a ghost, you know he knows something pretty shocking.

---

I think it is a threat to national security that they keep UFO's a secret. Thats like hiding the truth about the universe, which is a threat to everyone.

It's a threat that we aren't "in the know" about UFO's. I believe the public should be informed, just so that we can be prepared for anything UFO related in the future.

We are setting our selves up for a big "you knew about this?", type of situation where advanced public knowledge of UFO's could possibly help save many lives in the event of a type of first contact, or invasion, or "star wars". Since only the government and not the people are aware of UFO's, this puts all the people at risk.

Just my thoughts...

[edit on 22-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Aww so we're probably not gonna see the documents pertaining to the "military applications" that crashed at Roswell, flew over Washington in 52 and crashed in Kecksburg in 65, right?

Just because it is a UFO does not mean its an ALIEN UFO. All I am saying is you have no clue what is being cooking up in aircraft applications. Shape, size, and speed, in testing military applications, is very unknown. You may see something you have never seen before, that was military, and for you it's a UFO, because you can't identify it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Just because it is a UFO does not mean its an ALIEN UFO.

Nor did I say that.

All I am saying is you have no clue what is being cooking up in aircraft applications. Shape, size, and speed, in testing military applications, is very unknown.

You know who else has no clue what is being cooking up in secret military applications? You. With that in mind, you can't no more easily say that UFOs are probably secret military aircraft than you can that they are of alien origin.

There have been reports and sightings for decades, and if one is to believe some accounts, centuries actually. And yet, there's not a single shred of evidence that the military has saucer shaped/triangular shaped/cigar shaped craft that are able to silently hover and rapidly and abruptly move at high speeds.

The most recent aircraft developments, while more frequently adopting features similar to many reported UFOs (triangular/wing shaped), still are light years away from the characteristics displayed by some reported UFOs half a century ago. Can the B-2 hover? Can the F-22?

For one to believe reported UFOs are military applications one has to believe they have these advanced craft and technologies for decades and have been covering-up it successfully, which is something usually frown upon by people who don't believe the Government could cover-up the existence and/or visitation of alien beings.

You may see something you have never seen before, that was military, and for you it's a UFO, because you can't identify it.

I have no doubt that the majority of UFO reports and sightings are nothing more than lies, hoaxes, exaggerations, weather phenomena, misidentified aircraft (civilian and military) or celestial events or bodies, but there's still a minority left that can't be explained as those things.

I would never say people aren't misidentifying secret military applications, but to say that military applications and misidentifications explains away all UFO sightings is uninformed to say the least, as clearly anyone who has seriously looked at the evidence and the different cases, knows that some can't be explained as such.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I agree with RFBurns. You might get some drawings from supposed eye witnesses and fuzzy pictures of lights in the sky. Thats about it.

Remember all the excitment last year when the Brits announced they were declassifying their UFO files? Nothing of substance was released just some drawings and eye witness testimony.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

I simply highly doubt the ability to travel massive distance in lightyears is possible. As far as your description, there is no way they would release info about a hovering high speed military aircraft. Something like that would never be officially used or officially acknowledge for a variety of reasons.

The argument "you don't know either" hurts your argument of aliens visiting, then my knowing it is military air crafts because the point is for me not to know. If I knew, that would defeat the point. Its just exponentially more likely that the military has been covering up technology that is pretty advanced so that other military powers can't get their hands on it. The alternative, aliens have been visiting us for decades, trying to keep their existence unprovable and unknown, for whatever reason, traveling lightyears away, for god knows why.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Myself and many right here at ATS have probably given you more information on this subject then you would ever get from the Government, shame there isn't a sense about it.

One word I never liked was the word stupid and when they used this word to describe the human race I knew it would not be taken lightly because the human would feel insulted beyond belief.... but if you had the opportunity to understand the way they explained/meant it some here might understand.

As THEY say the human race is a stupid species they only know how to use little of there brain but they do have intelligence and this makes for a good study.

Yup Earth is a Laboratory and you are nothing more then another life form to them just as an animal is to us.

Wake up and smell that yum yum coffee.

In one form or another we are here.....................................

[edit on 22-1-2009 by observe50]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have this visualization in my mind that the President stands before the higher ups and demands full disclosure when all of the sudden the higher up begins to morph to become the most impressive alien with intense black and soul piercing eyes. The President swallows hard and takes one cautious step backwards...

To be continued.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

reply to post by converge

I simply highly doubt the ability to travel massive distance in lightyears is possible.

It's possible..

You would need a major break through in medical and health technology.

There will be a day we are so advanced with the knowledge of life, and the human body, that we could become immortal. No sickness, illness, or even age, would kill us, because we would heal or repair ourselves.

If humans found the answer to infinite energy (which is hiding in every sub-atomic particle) we could create our own food, water, and energy from what appears to be "nothing".

Having infinite energy, food, and health, traveling from star to star would be a walk in the park.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
There is a reason these things are compartmentalized ...even from POTUS. Because dems and repubs have different views on how to handle sensitive projects. One wants to fund through the ears the othe wants to cut and bring to the open. (notice I didn't put a label to either party?) This is a game. The people in the "loop" will remain in the "loop" those who get elected have NO SAY in whether or not they will know or be included. Too much money left to be made my friends. "Hope" and dream because that is all you will gfet other than half-assed, blacked out docs from the feds. Enjoy the ride

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
With what I had personally went through around 2002, I was led to believe that we had about 7 years for full disclosure and that President Bush was supposed to have done it. Why they decided to wait for Obama is uncertain. I doubt this would have salvaged his popularity by suggesting he already knew before 9/11. But since his father and Cheney were closest to the truth, it makes me wonder why they went along with the war in Iraq anyway.

I'm assuming that someone may have as-if returned earlier since their last visit here and are now behind the scenes....again. Seriously, I think these people are in some way in control of our politics if they are actually here. Denying it to the public doesn't change that either. But the fulfillment as-if their return here is actually expected as written.

I'm just waiting to see what they or whomever do next.

If the military doesn't object, than we should know that it's "that" time.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
why so optimistic crakeur?...at least we got a president that is giving us some hope. Plus if the president/white house/government does not release these documents then who? They are our best shot. We should be worrying about sending letters to the white house and the Obama administration instead of going ufo sightseeing and making or watching UFO documentaries that reach no one but our own UFO community.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by trucutru]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I completely agree.
I don’t think people realize the magnitude of what has happened having obama as president (or at least the option of what might happen).

For the first and maybe the only time in this century may we live to see a complete revolution of government!
Both Socially as well as in all aspects of the interest groups, secret societies and old powers who control and manipulate this world.

Maybe the world will be the same and Obama will just be another puppet following in the footsteps of the past. But if we ever had a chance for real change and for the old powers to crumble it is now with this president.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by trucutru
why so optimistic crakeur?.

I'm optimistic about many things regarding this administration.

I am, however, a realist and that means that I cannot see how this president will be any different when it comes to disclosure. He might try harder but the results will be the same.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Washington is a closed circle, those who are unelected and serve at the pleasure of any given President will simply circle the wagons and use the very organs of state to stymie Congress & the President from making any real disclosures. Those who hold the keys to the file cabinets will simply lose the keys , play red tape games for 4 years and pretend on the surface that they are in fact complying. If Obama and his staff are to have any hope at all then their will have to be a wave of retirements and a complete sea change in Washington..a lofty goal in 4 years..and in many ways a Stygian labour.
I would like to believe its possible to do...and it may well be, but at what cost.
There are those who wield power and influence who will do everything to thwart his intention no matter how noble. Change may come at a terrible price and in the end when confronted with the very real prospect of a Paradigm shifting revelation who among us would be surprised if Obama blinks and retreats on his stated goals...like Carter & Clinton.
We all ready know..there are things which defy explanation...and the nature of the explanations available to us hint at the existence of things that exceed our own capabilities...the military industrial complex KNOWS for certain and has gone to great lengths to conceal the facts..my own personal forecast is that this state of affairs will continue. I wish it were not so..and towards that end I will support any effort to disclose the facts. Good luck to all who seek the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lets just hope that they disclose the information about UFOs & Aliens.
It would be great if he did,
But Don't hold your breathe

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
There is a reason these things are compartmentalized ...even from POTUS. Because dems and repubs have different views on how to handle sensitive projects. One wants to fund through the ears the othe wants to cut and bring to the open. (notice I didn't put a label to either party?) This is a game. The people in the "loop" will remain in the "loop" those who get elected have NO SAY in whether or not they will know or be included. Too much money left to be made my friends. "Hope" and dream because that is all you will gfet other than half-assed, blacked out docs from the feds. Enjoy the ride

Sadly your words have the jaundiced ring of truth..we will see if Obama has the skill to fight the powers that be...because it will be a fight and they are used to WINNING by any means. Unseating a President who becomes a nuisance is trivial to these people..Kennedy and his brother paid the ultimate price...and the whole of the military industrial complex looked the other way.
Massive intelligence failures that conveniently forward private agendas seem to be the order of the day... Perhaps the past is prologue and we will see another riderless horse parading down the avenues of power.
The media present us with another lone gunaman with the Catcher In the Rye a manchurian candidate primed for activation.. the footwork is all ready in place..thinking the unthinkable is second nature to these people..OPERATION NORTHWOODS is a prime example..history always repeats..and not always in a good way.. Good Luck Obama Canada is rooting for you!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Just watch Obama's face now that he is President, and compare it to before he was President.

If his face looks like he has seen a ghost, you know he knows something pretty shocking
[edit on 22-1-2009 by ALLis0NE]

I've noticed this as well.

I hope that this promising man is not ruined by such overwhelming knowledge.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think many are putting far too much faith in our government to expect they'll disclose anything of relevance here. Number one, our government has done nothing to earn our trust that they would ever do such a thing unless it was done to satisfy their typical hidden agenda.

My concern is if Obama DOES get disclosure for us. I would have to ask, why him? Why now? How is it he could waltz right in and do something that others have tried to do, yet wound up hitting a brick wall?

I do believe in other life forms and UFO's. Unfortunately, I think a vast majority of these UFO and alien sightings have been largely the work of the military for the purposes of a finale, which will be their big spectacle-- an invasion. Whether real E.T.'s are involved or not, this predictable event is really a logical step if they desire to instill fear in the masses in hopes of us demanding more government protection and oversight "for our safety." They can't pull off another 9/11 without causing an uprising because too many people are hip to the "terrorist" bulls---. They'll have to do it bigger, and what better way than to toss in the mix unknowns from outer space. After all, they've been doing their best for decades to invoke fear into us of aliens any way they can.

We know the efforts to develop a New World Order have been accelerating. The evidence of this is everywhere you look if you're aware of the indicators. I just hope we all us our common sense if such a thing occurs. I encourage those who agree with me to discuss this scenario with your families and decide as one how to react if it plays out. You never know
when this can of worms is going to be opened, if it ever is. Personally, with the obvious disregard for our lives that our government or ("shadow government" ) displayed in the 9/11 situation, we are nothing more than collateral damage and they have made that perfectly clear. As a result, I would venture to say the same will be the case in this unpleasant UFO/alien hypothetical situation.

At this point, I don't think I'm being paranoid . . . I think I'm being realistic in relation to what history has shown. I'm sure many will disagree, but we each are going to have to handle this the way that we think best for ourselves and those we care about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join