It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is really going on? Are aliens attempting to contact the human race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ETs are here, but they're obviously not trying to contact the human race. I doubt any species that has figured out feasible space travel would have any problems making mass public contact if they wanted to. That just isn't happening.

ETs are here for some purpose other than communication. For benign or malicious reasons they act in secret and a simple desire for contact is not a part of their visitation.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If extraterrestrials are visiting the Earth, they are creatures far more advanced than us. Why would such beings bother contacting us? Do we bother contacting the animals we study or pretend they are our equals?

Well, if Humanity can fly around out in the Space looking for bugs, then individuals from other planets indeed may do the same. Remember; They too are much likely individuals, and while there are some that find Earth completely uninteresting, there are surely others that think it is.

That said, there are surely Aliens that either are interested in Humans in a purely scientific or historical way, and surely enough there must then also be Aliens that are the ET-version of Animal-extremists and Green Peace, trying to care for the Humans as much as they can.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
ETs are here, but they're obviously not trying to contact the human race. I doubt any species that has figured out feasible space travel would have any problems making mass public contact if they wanted to. That just isn't happening.

ETs are here for some purpose other than communication.

Maybe they are enprisoned on this planet and are trying to keep us at odds with eachother, ignorant and afraid while they save themselves.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Perhaps they are not Et's in the sense we think of them, What i mean is if people hold them to be true, even if not they exsist as anything in ones mind exsist even yor attempts to banish this or Pronouce, It give it creedance

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by leomurray
Perhaps they are not Et's in the sense we think of them, What i mean is if people hold them to be true, even if not they exsist as anything in ones mind exsist even yor attempts to banish this or Pronouce, It give it creedance

You mean fallen angels (Spiritually fallen beings from another plane of existence or planet) and banished to this planet and/or plane of existance?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow.. grasping at straws much...

Considering there has not been any definitive evidence of ANY "alien" ships/beings/contacts... aren't we stretching things just a tad?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
Wow.. grasping at straws much...

Considering there has not been any definitive evidence of ANY "alien" ships/beings/contacts... aren't we stretching things just a tad?

Explain to me how the Great Pyramid of Giza was built.

Machu Picchu

Tell me about Quetzalcoatl

Tell me about all the similar flood myths around the world

Tell me about all the similar creation myths around the world

Tell me about the similarities between the Sumerian gods, the Mesopotamian gods, the Mayan gods, the Greek gods, the Egyptian gods, the Indian gods and the Roman gods

Wrong forum? I'm not so sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

If extraterrestrials are visiting the Earth, they are creatures far more advanced than us. Why would such beings bother contacting us? Do we bother contacting the animals we study or pretend they are our equals?

Well, if Humanity can fly around out in the Space looking for bugs, then individuals from other planets indeed may do the same. Remember; They too are much likely individuals, and while there are some that find Earth completely uninteresting, there are surely others that think it is.

That said, there are surely Aliens that either are interested in Humans in a purely scientific or historical way, and surely enough there must then also be Aliens that are the ET-version of Animal-extremists and Green Peace, trying to care for the Humans as much as they can.

This is assuming that the ET's think like us. I'm pretty sure that the logic we have is from growing up in our own environment on earth with social aspects. Just because it's something HUMANITY is likely to do, doesn't mean it applies to the rest of the universe.

This applies the same to both situations.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by LeTan]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Umm, human ingenuity?

coral castle - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm pyramid construction.. they displayed how they did it..www.catchpenny.org...

Just because it is hard for YOU to grasp.. does not mean "aliens" had to do it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Originally posted by bigvig316
What do you think that crop circles, cattle mutilations, abducties, sitings, Area 51, Roswell, the Phoenix lights. All of it. I think we can come to the conclusion that aliens are indeed trying to contact us, or preparing us for it.

1, Crop circles can be made by people. See Circle Makers.com
2, Cattle Mutilations can be a result of natural decomposition and/or human agency.
3, Abductees are inconclusive.
4, Sightings are subjective, open to interpretation, inconclusive.
5, Area 51, Groom Lake is protected by National Security constraints. Speculation and indicative evidence.
6, Roswell is not conclusive.
7, Phoenix Nights is a great series and extremely funny. Peter Kay at his best.
8, Phoenix Lights are inconclusive. Lanterns, Airforce flares, fireworks, stealth craft, UFOs.

There's nothing here that could be termed 'conclusive'.

Yes crop circles can be man made, i agree and see proof of this, however, many of them are very intricate and are done overnight. That is the unexplained part.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I fully agree. However, considering how many species that SUPPOSEDLY is visiting Earth, there surely are some of those that have what Humans recognize as "feelings".

Supposedly, the "Nordians" are one of them, if I would take a guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Just requesting a hand up, not a hand out.

A jumpstart if you will.

Thanks

Here you go enjoy

Definitive Back Engineered Alien Technology Research thread

Welcome

My partner in crime Bob Down Under and I have been pulling information from previously posted ATS threads and from across the web, to provide what we believe to be proof of Back Engineering Alien technology and that it is going on right under our noses.

If you are looking for a quick read May I suggest the Encyclopedia Brittanica or War and Peace, because this will be a long thread on subjects ranging from recovered craft to Government cover ups to releasing High Technology into the mainstream consumer markets and the history of how this may have happened and is still taking place to this day.

We will attempt to follow the paper trail and show how with the advancement of modern technology that we are now coming to the point of really understanding this manna from heaven.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
reply to post by LeTan

I fully agree. However, considering how many species that SUPPOSEDLY is visiting Earth, there surely are some of those that have what Humans recognize as "feelings".

Supposedly, the "Nordians" are one of them, if I would take a guess.

Yes, I see your point. There is also the possibility that they have a diffrent understanding of said "feelings". For all we know, they could have diffrent views on contact than we do. We might think that since they are superior to us, that we are not worth contacting. That is a human trait, superiority complex. Maybe they are superior to us technologically but inferior spiritually, who knows?

Lets also take another perspective into this, for example, maybe they want to make contact with us because of said example, high spirituallity. However what if they they cannot do this because our spirituality and emotions overwhelm them because they think in cold logic rather than emotions like us?

The list and possibilities are endless. We can only do out best to guess on a human level because in the end, thats all we really are, humans. I don't think we know enough about ourselves yet to even speculate on how an ET that may be advanced beyond us, might think.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Well, we have the documented encounters with something. No, the evidence is not definitive (of anything), but there does seem to be evidence. But the way this evidence continues to remain non-definitive is in itself a kind of evidence, and invites speculation.

It may be completely off-base to attribute any of the encounters to aliens, or any kind of non- or semi-corporeal intelligences we might define as alien, including demons, angels, ghosts, spirits, or what have you. It all might be some curiously random aspect of existence or spacetime that we don't understand, or may never understand. Leaks from other realities. Odd shadows from the Twilight Zone.

Some people may think they have answers. I have yet to see any. All I have are questions.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by In nothing we trust

Umm, human ingenuity?

coral castle - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm pyramid construction.. they displayed how they did it..www.catchpenny.org...

Ummmm, I don't think so.

It took 3 years and 2,000 men to move one block of stone.

Herodotus described moving the 580 ton "Green Naos" under Nectanebo II: "This took three years in the bringing, and two thousand men were assigned to the conveying of it ..."

www.catchpenny.org...

Interesting side note: Nectanebo II was the Last Ancient Egyptian Native King. They used to bury thier kings in stone tombs, wouldn't you know.

It doesn't look like the last king had the same kind of support as the other kings of egypt that built the pyramids of Giza.

No wonder Jesus won't be comming back. Why would he want to? Look at how they treated him last time around.

I don't think Jesus really liked being buried like that ya know. After all he escaped his stone tomb and all, to live free. Can't keep a good man down.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Nohup
Which leads to other speculation. Time travelers? Glimpses of alternate or broader realities?

I also have speculated about time travellers attempting to change a cataclysmic apocalyptic future.

Or trying to discretely locate and trace a specific DNA sequence for some unknown reason. Or maybe there is no reason. It would certainly go a long way to explain why these things are so sneaky and unwilling to communicate directly with us.

Time Traveler Rule #1: Don't screw up the timeline.

Unless we should change the timeline that leads us away from catastrophe.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So you think they are experimenting on us.

How depressing to think that we might only be test subjects.

Human ego to assume they are here for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

great point. I mean we study ants, we make little ant farms for our own amusement. Do you think they know or even think they are being "contacted" by a species way more intelligent than them?

I'd say the queen ant and her closest advisors don't even knowwhat to make of humans.

So I doubt we, even the government, finding crashed discs or not, (I doubt they have). Even it they have it could have just been a piece of a key ring fallen off some huge ultra intelligent alien species. I mean what would an any make of car keychain car alarm?

I think any alien species able to get here from these +light year distances would have tech, and intelligence that we wouldn't even know that we were looking at it if it was right in out face.

Just one thought.

I don't neccesarilly believe inthis, but it's one of many scenarios.

But the scenario that these Aliens can travel light years but still have a Vested intesrest in us, is probably on the bottom of my list. They wanna stop us from nuking the earth thus throwing everything out of balance, I'm sure they could have a 5 mile NEO hit The NY coast say....whenever the heck they want. That'd solve that.

Just like we would terminate a species to extinction if it was causeing a major threat to our lives.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I am sure that if aliens could travel across the universe / galaxy or even solar system then they would be quite able to communicate with us.

So by reasoning they are either;
Not here.
Are here but don't want to talk to us. (In which case why bother).
Or are here and are talking to us / someone but we are not being told about it.

I suspect it's either the first or the third.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
They wanna stop us from nuking the earth...

Either

A) They are from a future earth and cannot come into existance in the future if we nuke the planet

Or maybe they want to stop us from nuking the earth so that they can do it instead

B) They walk among us and have been enprisoned on this planet for thousands of years. They needed to advance us slaves enough to the point that we can rebuild thier technology so they can escape. After we build them a mother ship they might just nuke the earth from orbit as they are leaving. A final gift just to show us how much they love the human race.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join