It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whateverlife.com story.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
take a look at this video. A 17 year old Girl is a ceo of her own company making millions by a website called www.whateverlife.com She lives in southgate michigan.

She also dropped out at age 17 from highschool. She owns her own home and has a lot of computers.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
and the conspiracy is?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

She is a reptilian time traveler and she actually didn't do any of it!

or she is on commission and desperately wants you to visit the site....

[edit on 22/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The conspiracy? You mean you don't know?!

Girls are obviously supposed to be into fashion and boys and non-geeky stuff at the age of 17, for her to achieve this on the internet surely means she at the very least must have had sex change surgery! And trust me some people have VERY successful sex change surgery.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

or could it be the triangles and pillars at her house

Sorry, think a mod should move this so it gets a serious response.

Yep, she's done well for herself, what about that 13 year old entrepreneur who imported micro scooters from japan before they got huge, or this young art genius who sells paintings of her visions inspired by god, now thats something isn't it:

and autistic art genius Stephen Wiltshire:

I would love to own one of his paintings. I like jis new york scence, black and white with yellow taxi's, and the london one, also black and white but with red buses.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Not as good as my flatulence deodorizer....

www.freepatentsonline.com...

Filed in April 2000, the flatulence deodorizer "discloses a pad to be worn by a user for absorbing gas due to flatulence." This drawing pretty much sums up the problem: You're at the airport, waiting for your luggage in your favorite "Z" jacket, when suddenly you find yourself emitting odors so foul they require stink lines to be properly illustrated.

If you can get past the I'm-basically-wearing-a-weird-diaper-for-farts factor, this invention is actually a pretty good idea. Or it would be, we guess, if you're like the people in the testimonials on Flat-D.com. Those peoples' lives have been completely ruined by farts. A quick sampler: "Your product has really helped me in the cramped space of my cockpit. I would sometimes notice the other guys using their mask to get some fresh oxygen ... When I feel the urge I usually quickly install it through the back of my pants. Then I do not have to worry. It also does a nice job muffling the noise." "On September 14th mom will be 78 years old, and that's why I'd like to take her to Hawaii ... I've traveled there twice, but she never has because of her flatulence problems."

Source

[edit on 22/1/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Where do people get these ideas

I bet you'd still get people that would by them too

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

yeah people would buy them... that's right...er... i haven't sent off for mine already....no honestly, i haven't!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

tell you a coincidence - that guy i posted about, Stephen Wiltshire, is on Fiver (sky channel 177) right now, weird eh?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
the conspairacy is that. She is 17 and yet I looked her business name up and found no business name.

She is supposed to make a business name and a business tax id and pay business tax.

there is legal matters on this. So it seems she is not paying taxes on money coming in from ads.

I have heard her parents are every powerful. They have high contacts.

I am just bringing this up cause we have a crappy economy and GM and these companies need bailouts and we see a 17 year old making millions in crappy times.

So I thought it's something fishy. Technically she supposed to have a business name and a tax id.

any money you make form a profitable operation that's more then 5,000 bucks you need to file the taxes as business.

she could put it down as a hobby but there are lines drawn when something is a hobby and when it is classified as a business operation.

Just saying.

I was woundering if anyone ever heard of her??

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
She is supposed to make a business name and a business tax id and pay business tax.

she could be operating as a sole proprietor.

where did you look for her corporation? did you do a whois on the site and then search the name of the owner? how do you know what state she is organized in?

no conspiracy, other than how she can make that much money on that site.

that is a mystery

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980

tell you a coincidence - that guy i posted about, Stephen Wiltshire, is on Fiver (sky channel 177) right now, weird eh?

Freaky deaky.......

All for a reason though I'm sure

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Yeah like this thread really was intednded as a conspiiracy - Oops, guess the OP needed to be a little quicker off the mark, rather than just posting a vid and leaving us all guessing.

I think the OP is showing a liitle of the green eyed little monster or could be on to something. I dont know the laws on these types of things so I'm afraid I cant't help with that.

To me it appears this girl has worked very hard to on her website, i dont see you picking on a 15 year old popstar. Give the girl a break hockey97.

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's all a conspiracy i tells ya!!

no really....it is

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I think its more like sour grapes.
Be back soon with why? I dont think the OP is old enough to understand the seriousness of his/her allegations and i think the OP should provide proof before making any further allegations.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Well, it's not the most detailed or purposeful thread I've ever seen i have to admit.... but hey.
free advertising as i said to ya

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow... I never accused her for not incorporating a company.

I am old enough to know the tax laws since I am in college and studying business.

I know the U.S laws. I am in the same state she is in. I am in the process to start my own business.

I know what is needed. If you are making income more then 2,000 you must have a business name and a business tax id.

this doesn't mean a corporation. to make a corporation you have to fill out paper work to incorporate a corporation.

You need a business name to get a business tax id. I done look up in michigan and never found a business name by her name. I done a whois and know her name and address. She is hosted by godaddy.com

by the laws of taxes and GAAP (generally accepted accounting principals) .

She needs to be a business not a corporation that is something totally different.

She has to pay business tax On gross revenues.

So I been looking up her stuff and not finding any business name . She also needs to have a business account.

Any hobby that generates more then 2,000 is declared a business not a hobby according to the law.

anything less then 2,000 is viewed as a hobby and you can get a write off on your personal tax .

So she dosen't have a business name regsitered so there is no way she can get a business tax id without having a business name.

Therefor she is not paying business tax. Even if she does pay the taxes based on personal income. This is still illegal and the IRS could easly charge her with tax evasion.

since she is not paying business tax.

If you don't belive me then ask any accountants that are cpa not accounting techs or plain accountants with a bach.

Cause CPA know accounting fully cause they have to take a 14 hour exam testing on all stuff about accounting and taxes.

So people with a bach in accounting can not be solid enough statement.

I am just pointing this out. I bet she is not the only one doing this.

I am not picking on a 15 year old. It's a 17 year old and she dropped out of highschool.

I ain't picking on her. I thought there has to be more to it. She has powerful connections.

Just wondering if there is a conspiracy to it. She got alot of interviews.

She is not really working hard. She is using adobe none licensed to make myspace layouts. However She knows the coding part.

She dosen't have to start a business but she by law has to pay business tax..

They look at the overall activites. To see if it's a profitable activity meaning if it's a business.

that 2,000 or more means you must file a tax return.

If you google around hobby tax laws. You will not find out the exact real laws. You will find many websites talking about why you should make it a business.
cause you can make more wright offs.

So for me to prove my point I would have to look for the tax law in the IRS codes.

I don't have the time to spend. So that this as a general talk. Not something I am blaming her of..

I am in my process making a buisness. I finsihed one year of college and I am close to finishing my second year. I know the basics of accounting and business. I also took 2 classes in business law.

Which explains all about contracts and copyright and all business good stuff.

So I do know what I am talking about. I just right now don't find any evidence of her paying business tax not corporation tax.

Earlier some of you accused me of accusing her of trying to be a corporation which I never did.

A business is different from a corporation. It differs by legal means. It's a huge difference.

C - corporation is the one that pays double corporate tax.

I currently own 2 websites. So I know about the tax laws towards websites. There is a thin line that the tax laws looks at to define a hobby and define a business.

when the tax law defnines your activities as a business you must apply for a business name cause you register your business name at the same time you register for a IRS tax id. it's part of that process.

you don't have to have a store or a shop or a big business but you have to pay business tax cause your operations is a business.

you can stil say your not doing it for a profit ... which allows you to make a none-profit organization.

According to what I see with this teenager. It shows her as a business not a none-profit organization.

It is something very technical in tax that I would have to really look at her tax return to fully know 100%.

I am just saying my opinion and educated guess just by doing a simple research on her.

So I thought that she must have connections with someone powerful. That is giving her advise or helping her get away for paying business tax.

Small business pays a business tax. Business tax is less the corporation tax.

So from what I see . She is supposed to be paying business taxes on her operations. It's also can help her out with growing the business but also her profit is taxed by a business tax.

her income from being a employee of the business is stated on her personal tax.

From how I am seeing it since no business name is register with her name. She is not paying a business tax.

Now you may question me that if this is true why the IRS is not on her???

well interesting quesiton They usally don't check your returns for legality. They do look at your retures every 5 years I hear. they just check your math.

However I hear it's very rare they will audit you. it's a low percentage. IRS trust people for being honest.

However they found about 400,000 people having people labeling hobbies yet they are business operations. To avoid business tax.

This is how you get rich fast.

This girl is not the only one there are about 10 other websites that does the same thing she does. They are doing the same.

I think they are putting the gross revenuse as personal income and do pay income tax.

Which is lower. If you know personal tax laws You pay less taxes based on higher wages/ taxable income.

So if you see what I mean avoiding business tax is just like not paying taxes at all.

I am sure she is paying taxes. Just not paying the full she is required to do.

Now I don't know if she is doing it on purpose. I bet her mom is doing it this way cause she got others advice. I am sure alot of people do this and still dosen't get caught.

if someone like me tip off the IRS about this and they investigate her they then can charge her for tax evasion.

Now I don't want to do that due to being look bad.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by computerwiz32]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

um, ok, so you have a year or two of accounting under your belt. That's good but there are several ways to run a business. Sole proprietor, Corporation, Partnership, LLC, LLP, and so on.

Not all of these need to be registered within your state. Matter of fact, you have no idea where the business is located. You assume a state because that is where she lives but, in reality, she could be incorporated in Delaware. Have you checked every state for the company name? How do you know the company name?

There are far too many flaws in your comments and the accusations are unfounded.

One last thing, you can be sure, if she went on tv talking about how much money she's making, she's on the up and up with the taxes. The last time someone was dumb enough to talk in public about how much they were making while they were committing tax fraud was Steve Rubell and it didn't work out so well him.

Again, let me state that you don't have anywhere near the amount of information needed to make the accusations about this girl and her business.

Regards,

Crakeur
CFO The Above Network LLC

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yes I am aware of all the different ways you can run a business.

You can incorporate the business in any state. Any place.

What I am saying is the she did say on local news that her company name was whateverlife inc.

this is what she said on the local news. She is born in michigan and stayed here.

Like said before I am not accusing her of anything. I am just saying to me it sounds fishy.

I know all kinds of ways to run a business. So it wounds your making fun of my skills that I have.

now I can easily go at you... saying you didn't specify the corporation... there is C corporation and also S corporation.

Now does that mean I should make fun on your skills because you were not 100% correct on those statements. No

Well It makes sense to make the business name in the state your in. Cause if you have any legal problems you have to face the charges in the state you registered the name in.

Correction she didn't said how much money she maid. She said a general statement that she is a millionaire.

Just to make sure if you didn't hear at the start of this post. She said her companies name in the local news station.

it was whateverlife inc

So you must be a CPA right???? Since your a CFO.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Like said before I am not accusing her of anything. I am just saying to me it sounds fishy.

actually, I think you made reference to her cheating on her taxes.

I know all kinds of ways to run a business. So it wounds your making fun of my skills that I have.

I wasn't making fun. Merely pointing out that you are just looking at the tip of the iceberg in assuming her entity is formed in and based in the state you live in. Did she live there her whole life? did she move there after she formed the entity in another state? did she form her corp in a state where the laws favor corporations, like Delaware? did she form her corp in a low tax state? so many questions and, yet, you just assume corporation, formed in Michigan.

now I can easily go at you... saying you didn't specify the corporation... there is C corporation and also S corporation.

I was naming entities. You can break them down further all you want. I said partnership, corporation, llc, llp etc. I could have broken the list down further by classification but for what purpose? if you are seeking a corp you are seeking a corp. you won't search differently based on the company's filing an election with the IRS.

Well It makes sense to make the business name in the state your in. Cause if you have any legal problems you have to face the charges in the state you registered the name in.

on the contrary, it makes sense to form the corporation in the state that best suits your needs. this company owns a website. that website is viewed globally and, therefore, the entity can be formed in any state. So, why opt for a high tax, individual favoring state when you can form the entity in a state that has low or no corporate tax and the has a court system that favors the company?

Lastly, I'm not sure where you looked but about a minute and a half got me this:
www.dleg.state.mi.us...,%20INC.

and another 30 seconds found that she owns two companies.
the second, Whateverlife Magazine, LLC, was formed in 2006.
www.dleg.state.mi.us...,%20LLC

it should also be noted that whateverlife, inc. filed paperwork to operate under the name whateverlife (no inc) and whateverlife magazine llc filed to operate under the name whateverlife magazine (no llc).

had I known you didn't even search the state corporate database, I'd have suggested that first.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Crakeur]

new topics

top topics

join