It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis To Probe Racist Graffiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Israelis To Probe Racist Graffiti

news.sky.com

A series of disturbing slogans were daubed on the walls of a house occupied during Operation Cast Lead by soldiers in the town of Zeitoun.

One reads "Arabs need 2 die", another says "make war not peace".

Grafitti on building in village of Zeitoun in Gaza

Picture: Tim Butcher

Elsewhere a soldier appears to crow about killing a Palestinian, writing in bad English: "1 is down, 999,999 to go."

On another wall in Hebrew, is written: "The Only Good Arab is a Dead Arab."

Others are too offensive to be reprinted here.

The graffiti is all the more disturbing because of what is alleged to have happened during the offensive in Zeitoun.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You'd think they'd try to make it less obvious..

[edit on 22-1-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I try and stay away from these kind of threads only because I don't like all of the personal attacks and flaming that goes on but this is very sad. Obviously the whole IDF isnt to blame only a small few but they should be dealt with swiftly and harshly. Being half Lebanese, the Arab should die or whatever it said was very offensive and ignorant.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There were similar slogans on the Israeli side in a documentary I viewed last year or the year before.

Unless one captures the culprits responsible for these hate tactics, I will view it as propaganda.

With the whole world watching and now being allowed in. This would be the opportune time to "stage" hatred and "falsely" point the finger in a direction some will take for granted.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Willbert]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Its so funny how the pro israelis on this board will post that video of the little Arab girl calling israelis pigs, yet they do not realize, they are also acting like heathens.

For every hate word said in an Arab country, an equal is said in israel.

People need to realize that these are two of the same, both "Semetic" people, no matter what the ADL will have you believe.

We should not choose a side when both act like rabid dogs, but we should help EACH side equally, no matter how many lobbyists in Washington are paid to sway people towards one side.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree; neither side will be innocent of this type of propaganda, I think the biggest problem we have is the one we always argue about. Granted I'm one to say turn the other cheek, these days I think it's best to try to work together than to continue this endless bickering.

I mean, that's what the propaganda's for right? To incite discontent between people.

top topics

join