It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indians Flee Dubai as Dreams Crash - Fall out of Economic Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Local police have found at least 3,000 automobiles -- sedans, SUVs, regulars -- abandoned outside Dubai International Airport in the last four months. Police say most of the vehicles had keys in the ignition, a clear sign they were left behind by owners in a hurry to take flight.

DaijiWorld

Another such victim of the meltdown said he bid goodbye to his car in a small bylane near the airport and hailed a cab. "I was scared because a number of us were doing the same and did not want to be questioned by the police. There was no way I could afford to pay the EMI of 1100 Dhirams for my Ford Focus," he told DNA on condition of anonymity.

When contacted, the dealer for Asgar Ali cars in Sharjah said, "We are helpless and do not know how to tackle this issue. A large number of such owners are from Indian, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and other South Asian countries."

So it is not so much of fear of war, but the economic downturn.

Run up your dubai credit-cards, get a nice car and abandon them both as you fly out of the country, never to return.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Stupid idiots buying stuff they couldnt afford.

Seems like riding an imaginary bubble of prosperity to ruin isnt solely an American past time.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
wtf is this india bashing for??

new topics

join