It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials: U.S. Intercepts Iranian Arms-Smuggling Ship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns

Originally posted by BlueRaja

The story has been corroborated by numerous sources, and FOX was using the Associate Press. Of course you're free to believe that Iran and Hamas are being unfairly ciriticized.

I just love that phrase "numerous sources", which by itself could mean absolutely nothing. Even Bush N Co. declared Iraq's WMD was confirmed by numerous sources....and we all know how that panned out dont we.

And thanks for acknowledging that I am free to believe that Iran and Hamas are being unfairly criticized!
I love the freedom of speech and freedom of thought.

As I said...in case some may have jumped right over it...Iran has been known to smuggle weapons to Hamas. What is not known is how much, and how often, nor is it known yet if this boatload of goodies was intended for Hamas.

Iran sends weapons to anyone who will buy them. As does many other nations, including the US.

We can be precise with this, or just generalize and be completely off kilt.

Isnt the freedom of assumption wonderful?!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 22-1-2009 by RFBurns]

Of course you're assuming that Iran wouldn't do such a thing are you not?

As for the numerous sources part- are you saying that a single source is preferable? Also- it is true that Iraqi WMD haven't been found. That doesn't necessarily account for what happened to Iraqi WMD(i.e. did Saddam destroy his chemical weapons, hide them in Iraq really well, or send them to another location like Syria?).

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by welivefortheson

The United states along with Russia Supply more countries and entities then Iran does in a Year in a couple days.

can someone point me to where it says Iran cant sell Arms to other countries which want to purchase them?

How many terrorist groups are buying weapons from the US? Can you not see any distinction between selling arms to nations vs. terrorist groups?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

The US GAVE weapons to OBL and the Taliban when they were fighting russia, they gave and sold them to saddam, they have sold them to countless south american and central american countries, they have sold them to korea and japan, they have sold weapons in africa.

There is not a continent where the US has not sold weapons - including terrorist groups.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

The US GAVE weapons to OBL and the Taliban when they were fighting russia, they gave and sold them to saddam, they have sold them to countless south american and central american countries, they have sold them to korea and japan, they have sold weapons in africa.

There is not a continent where the US has not sold weapons - including terrorist groups.

OBL and the Taliban weren't blowing up civilians with the weapons that were supplied to them. They were fighting an Army. See any difference here?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Actually they were - but because they were also fighting the russians you seem to think that's OK.

US sposored terrorism.

US sponsored dictators

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The first indicator of propaganda here is the mention of Hamas. What is the point of mentioning Hamas? It could be going ANYWHERE. The connection to Hamas is being made for the consumer to associate the event with Hamas, despite the fact that there is no connection evident at this time.

Insofar as Iran breaking the UN's restriction on arms sales; it will be up to the UN to make that prohibition mean something. Since it's not Israel they may actually DO something about it.

Will the US be the 'tool' they use to enforce their mandates? I hope not.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Actually they were - but because they were also fighting the russians you seem to think that's OK.

US sposored terrorism.

US sponsored dictators

That's a nice collection of obviously objective information.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

US sposored terrorism.

US sponsored dictators

So the only distinctions you make are whether or not it's in US interests, or the interests of some anti-US state/organization? It's obvious which side you seem to fall on.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

And with any luck, russia will veto any sanctions, just like the US does with israel when they are faced with sanctions.

The mention of hamas - I agree.
It seems a pretty transparent ploy to allow israel to up the ante against Iran.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Are they absolutely sure that was intended to be for Hamas? Do they have definative proof that it was for Hamas?

Well they sure as heck were not meant for Israel.

Your right they could of been for Gambia of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The source of this news is so outrighted that it should not really be a reliable source, a bit like the fella Scorch something.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
The source of this news is so outrighted that it should not really be a reliable source, a bit like the fella Scorch something.

Best regards.

Loke.

The source is the AP news wire. The story was picked up by several news outlets.

www.pr-inside.com...

feeds.feedburner.com...

www.newsmax.com...

the list goes on an on. They all pull from the AP news wire.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

ok, so UN resolutions are only good when they work in your faver?
as most people say on ATS

UN is toothless and worthless so
why would Iran abide by that

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by welivefortheson

The United states along with Russia Supply more countries and entities then Iran does in a Year in a couple days.

can someone point me to where it says Iran cant sell Arms to other countries which want to purchase them?

Iran is a terrorist state intent on destroying Israel and the US. How's that...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

How about we not be programmed by the Mass Sheeple Manipulator and wait for all of the evidence to come in before jumping off the cliff of Lemming.

Cheers!!!!

Lemming suicide is a myth invented by Walt Disney. Now you know.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
Iran is a terrorist state intent on destroying Israel and the US. How's that...

Or how about this:

Determined to constrain Iran’s development of sensitive technologies in support of its nuclear and missile programmes, the Security Council today widened the scope of its December 2006 sanctions against Iran by banning the country’s arms exports and freezing the assets and restricting the travel of additional individuals engaged in the country’s proliferation-sensitive nuclear activities.

Link

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

ok, so UN resolutions are only good when they work in your faver?
as most people say on ATS

UN is toothless and worthless so
why would Iran abide by that

Iran is clearly pushing buttons. This is their MO. They will keep pushing until someone reacts. Every nation knows that the UN is worthless.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Oh dear lord,my idiocy meter just broke.
So..its bad for Iran to sell weapons because the UN says so...yet according to the UN Israel has an estimated 300 illegal nuclear warheads,has openly threatened nuclear inspectors with death among a host of other UN conventions they have broke..emmm...i guess using this logic we should stop all arms going into israel?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join