It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edible Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

www.thestandard.com...
Edible technology relays medical data from inside the body

Published on 01-21-2009
Source: The Standard

Proteus Biomedicals, a company in California, has developed an intelligent pill that sends digital signals to an external receiver after being swallowed. The pill still works as an ordinary drug that a patient might take to control a health issue such as heart trouble or a psychiatric disorder. But it also has digestible sensors that are made of food products and are activated by stomach fluids. Once swallowed, the sensors can send a digital signal through the body to a receiver. The receiver date- and time-stamps, decodes, and records information about the drug and the dosage. It also measures and reports heart rate, activity, and respiratory rate. Qualcomm is helping connect the receivers, designed as small bandage style skin patches, to 3G phone networks, USA Today reported recently. Patient information can then be sent to hospitals, doctors or relatives. "We believe we have figured out a way for us to bring this to market with a wide variety of pharmaceutical products," perhaps by 2011 or 2012, Proteus CEO Andy Thompson told USA Today. The cost will be fractions of a penny per pill, the article reported.

Why are the pharmaceutical companies so interested in obtaining receptivity and information about our internal digestion and organs? Sure it seems like they want theses items to promote health but how will this intelligent pill be used against us? Can health insurance companies insist that we use this product to keep our health insurance? Will we be given the option to opt out of the intelligent pill program or will it be done secretly without our knowledge? What’s next? I don’t relish the thought of having digital signals come from my body to a receiver. What is the receiver doing with this info? Why is there such an interest with us putting biomedical items into our bodies; ie: digital chips, pills, etc.? If we were meant to be radio receivers wouldn’t we have been born with this capability? What are the long term effects on the human body with having implants; ie: breast, penis, etc? Don’t know about you, but I am staying away from this pill and will make sure to ask my doctor what they think about this.

[edit: added source link and required EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So this is placed in skunkworks???

Look deeper...

www.proteusbiomed.com...

Video *showing* Intelligent Medicine*.... Watch!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cindy22761

Flag & Stars!

Wow! Amazing.
As a guy, I'm sorry, but your title makes me grin, and remember back to the introduction of 'edible underwear' !

Only kiddin with it.
What caught my eye, was the CEO stating the cost would only be "fractions of a penny per pill" . . .UH-UH...Big pharma loves profits...watch the actual retail price be several dollars per pill!!!

I agree with you, Cindy-I don't want this type of tech inside me!
But, of course, any side-effects that arise, will be countered by yet another pill!!! (Costing twice as much).

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes it is amazing what they have in mind for us.

If I was in charge I would be looking for things

to help not hinder people.

I also try not to take any pills they suggest. : )

new topics

top topics

join