It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Prisoner FedEx Himself Out of Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

German Prisoner FedEx Himself Out of Jail

www.businesspundit.com

An inmate escaped from jail in Germany by posting himself out of prison in a giant FedEx box of dirty laundry.
Drug dealer Hans Lang, 42, hid in the laundry room after other inmates had finished work there and bundled himself up in dirty bed sheets in the large box.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted already or not. I did a search and could not find it on the board. My question, regarding this story, is how did he tape the outside of the box? Or better yet, what address did he ship himself to? Would have been wild if he'd shipped himself to another prison only to get that transfer he was denied! Mind-boggling!

What are your thoughts ATS?

www.businesspundit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/17/2008 by Universal Light Being]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light Being

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it?

I would think large iteams being removed from the prison would be weighed or thermal scanned or something.

I mean, really, the old laundry trick is very old by now..........................

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

an oldie but goodie. Sometimes it's the simplest things that work.

Sure they expect you to dig a tunnel, they expect a prison riot, they expect a hostage situation. But they never expect the simplest plan.

I would suspect that he mailed himself to a cleaners. I mean if they regularly fed ex their laundry (for some god knows reason) then the package wouldnt look suspicious.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well the guy was smart, smartness paid off big for him this time, it seems.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Admit it,

nobody in prison has even thought of doing this. Probably the most brilliant escape plan I even heard of.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I would have to agree that the guy is a genius. Pretty amazing if you ask me. Like the Danny Ocean of Prison Breaks I wonder how many tricks he has up his sleeves?

top topics

join