It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Video - No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crawgator406
people need to stop looking for a freebee and get to doing somthing. one more thing is where is all the funds that the states tack up in tax revenue for roads such as wheel taxs, fuel taxes, and registration fees.

My guess, hookers and coc aine.

And yes, some of the problem is also like you said, some out there don't want to work and feel entitled. Or want to do as little as possible and be given things. More so now then ever i think. And i think that general attitude is getting worse, overall.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by elcapitano75]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Why would anybody be surprised????????? This obamamania and all the obama promises.... That was just to get elected and the ignorant fell for it. This obamamania and this love for obama will end up a reality check for everybody who is WHITE and who does NOT live in the ghettos. The people who work for a living, hold on to your money. The people who are not lazy hold on to your money. The people who don't have kids to get more money from the government, save your money. obama is predispositioned to think one way, and then he has his wife in his ear I am sure.... so what do you think will happen???????? Things like this!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
pmbhuntress pretty much hit the nail on head.I did work in the local projects and found out that while our two kids were going to school in hand-me-down garage sell clothes and we lived with the most basic usually broken used furniture and everything else to afford a small house to rent,the so called poor people's kid wore tennis shoes that would almost pay a months rent on our house,not to mention brand name new clothes like their favorite basketball stars and rappers,the newest cell phones and i-pods that we couldn't afford,new cars while ours ten year old van barely ran,new furniture,tv.s,just about everything.Yet they whined because they were in the projects.Thing is,they think whitey should set them up in a nice house for free along with everything else and they shouldn't have to give up new clothes and fun stuff to actually pay rent.As far as working,some had no problem laughing at us for actually doing it and would tell you that anything other than getting a supervisory job over whites is considered slavery for slave wages.I have no pity for a guy with gold grills on his teeth crying because he lives in a ghetto,i just see how much rent can be payed with that money.Look at the Jena six.The media stopped talking about them when as soon as they got all that money that a lot of white suckers donated to them for legal defenses,they went out and bought guess what?,new clothes and grills for their teeth and bragged about it....media wouldn't tell you that though.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
LOL...to the WHITE folk that voted for him

can we all say

REPARATIONS....

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTANWOFOLLOWER
reply to post by BlackOps719

I feel your pain, but imagine being 16 in a ghetto knowing that the only way you were going to get out is to sling dope or pimp some neighbor girl, steal, or run with violent bangers for protection for your working mom and kid sister. I know these people and they want a way out man, if you honestly think our problems compair to theirs , live in watts, or right here in downtown RI. most of these white construction workers would come out wearing a dress.

drink your beer, I will have a swig myself, but we all need to ground ourselves and just once imagine the pure fear and feeling of absolute loss of faith in life itself these kids are going through, imagine that life , imagine being 8 years old being kept awake at night cause your moms hooking in your living room, worried shes going to get killed or od some night and leave you alone in a world most of white people cannot or would not even want to survive in. Its really real, it is really real. A daily wonder if your going to wake up the day after, and not being able to shut your eyes cause your too afraid of what may come.

CIAO

Touching sentiment and yet not totally factual. Statements such as this tend on some level to simply create more collective white racial guilt and arent entirely in touch with reality simply because the question is never asked exactly what caused such conditions to begin with. Or how to rectify and improve upon it.

Simply put, fear isnt what dominates the waking and sleeping hours of many of these youth: a smug arrogance at being allowed to behave as they wish with no parental or societal consequence is.

I was raised in, live in and work in Memphis Tn. Formerly I lived in West Birmingham, Alabama and Metro Atlanta, Georgia. The type of scene you describe has always been my bread and butter. And no, Im not arrogant enough to think that makes me the last given authority on such matters, but it does give me experience in such things.

The solutions I assure you to correctng the scenario you describe is not a more subtle form of reverse racism by the culturally powerful black American. Its dismantling the very culture of thugs-n-drugs that have truly created this problem.

Comparing some of the black neighborhoods my parents grew up in under a strictly segregated white society to those same neighborhoods today might well make one re-think the causes and solutions to scenes such as you describe.

PRESSURE the black leadership to improving these kids life's.Allowing them to buy more bling based on money from performing work they are scarcely prepared to do is not teaching them anything other than to expect a hand out simply because of their skin color.

And that is simply counterproductive and wrong.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

Allowing them to buy more bling based on money from performing work they are scarcely prepared to do is not teaching them anything other than to expect a hand out simply because of their skin color.

And that is simply counterproductive and wrong.

Exactly, and why this whole economic problem is also a cultural problem, and why to govt can't fix this. All they can do is throw money at it, and it will just fuel the fire. Watch the videos out there of the gloating after the Obama win. Well I took the hint, and i think many out there are taking it to. Take the hint from Reich and Rangel also, they are telling us something between the lines ( if not practically screaming it out actually ) that we as "highly skilled whites", are basically nothing more then tax fodder [EDIT: and a lot of us "highly skilled whites", such as me, are barely scraping by as it is to just feed ourselves] . Basically the only way i can see this getting fixed is by:

a. By the grace of GOD
b. More people having a little integrity and responsibility, and less reality-TV and ridiculous expectations from life
c. Revolution

Honestly, i would put more faith in a. happening then anything else.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I was shocked by the video. I don't know if it is manipulated or not. If it occurred as portrayed, we have a problem. My husband is a contractor. His father is a contractor, his grandfather was in construction as well. He is skilled in his profession. He is not "big time". In a good year, he makes about $50,000. Unfortunately, that is not every year. With the housing marker in the crapper and the difficulties people are having acquiring home improvement loans, the work has all but dried up. We are getting by but he is not eligible to unemployment benefits because he is self-employed. My husband works hard, he doesn't want a handout. However, he should be afforded the ability to compete for any constructions work that opens up. If we want to put unskilled labor on these projects, then we need to set up training environments. Not everyone that trains will turn out to be a good construction worker, white man or otherwise. I want everyone that wants to work to be able to work, but they need to work hard and they need to show up every day. I work in social services and have worked for years trying to help people help themselves. Unfortunately, not everyone wants to put the time and effort in. I want all AMERICANS to have the same opportunities. Why would we exclude some of our experts from these important projects. Shame on these men for attempting to exclude a viable part of our working population.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why would it be assumed that white construction workers do not need help??- I live in California where WHITE construction workers are the minority - no doubt about it. My husband was a framer 20 years ago and now would not be able to get a job - he does not speak Spanish.. He worked in construction for years, then became a general contractor, built his own business up, and now there is NO work out there.... And like I said-- he cannot "start over" in the industry - due to lack of work, and lack of white people being hired in construction. This is the reality of the situation - we are living it - scary times, and from everything I hear, it will just be getting worse. - So expect to see my family down at the homeless shelter soon, and please help us too, even though we are white!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Don't mean to derail the thread here, but something needs to be said. If/When the MORONS implement these plans they had better have contingency plans for the revolution that it will start! I know plenty of "White male construction workers" who are already fed up with this BS and probably aren't going sit at home quietly taking it in the keister.

Secondly, Rangel is either stupid or he is stupid! The middle class won't notice??? Hey buttwipe - the middle class has watched you idiots in power wear us down to nothing; near non-existence, sell us out, make us debt slaves and allow your elitist scumbag banker friends and corporate barrons to rob us blind for almost 3 decades - and we're FED UP!!! Do you honestly think that we are not beginning to realize that there is very little left for us to lose by overthrowing this corrupt government? Keep yammering asswipe - it is EXACTLY what is needed to get the masses off their asses and take this corrupt government down!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Having not even watched the clip, I think it is safe to say that no matter what, racism will never ever end unless somehow races all become one. Every single person, at one point, or another has at least felt a sense of pride and a small warm feeling about being white, or black, or Indian, or anything. Racism will always exist, so unless slavery comes back it's really not even worth discussing.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
my brother is an iron worker.Now keep in mind this is Illinois,and everyone knows by now thanks to Bizzarovitch how this state works,but one day last summer his union rep. got a call from someone in the state government telling them that a van would be arriving at their site and not to ask any questions.Sure enough it was full of Mexicans,none of whom could speak a lick of english.A co-worker of his who could speak spanish found out every one of them was illegal.If our unions can be compromised like this how much protection can small contractors expect from our government? I'm in the business of cleaning and floor care and havn't been able to get a good bid on a job in years because they under bid jobs at basically minimum wage level.I'm trying to bid a contract to pay bills,car payments and insurance,rent,the whole nine yards,you can't do that working for minimum wage.They live ten guys to a one room apartment and send their money back home.I used to be a supervisor for a nationwide floor care company,i made a nice salary,had insurance and sick days.One day i found out that everyone at my level was getting dropped to minimum wage,no insurance,no sick days.2 days later my monthly memo from the head office arrived in spanish duplicates and my new boss informed me that it would be good for my job security to learn spanish.The kicker is that with my insurance gone,i got sick and had to resort to going to a free clinic.I had to wait 2 months to see a doctor because of the back load of illegals that were being taken care of...our government has already abandon us.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey Cenpuppie. I won't defend the idiot Christians that were so recently against ending segregation, but take it easy on the leg up stuff.

The reason white people still have an advantage is because most minority cultures mock and devalue success. I know, I'm Mexican. You wouldn't believe how often I was called "pussy school-boy" for doing well in school. And NOT just by other kids. Laboring has a much higher value in the Mexican culture than education.

Don't even get me started on how recently blacks were calling people like Alan Keyes and Gen. Powell "uncle toms" for elevating their status in life. That is until it became obvious that Powell was a liberal, which I personally have no problem with. But get real, until success is embraced by the masses in minority culture and not mocked, white people will continue to have an advantage.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
For those who claim the whiteman has had a leg up all this time and reaped the advantages, I just want to point out the sheer ignorance and innaccuracy of your unresearched answer.

The fact is that the population is a majority white compared to any race. As a matter of fact the white population (according to this.....Census) indicates that the white population makes up more than almost all races combined.

So the reason you may think WHITEY has it so good is simply because there are way more white people in America and in the workforce. It has nothing to do with race unless applied to the minorities with the equal oppurtunity BS. So who's really the ones getting an undeserved leg up??????

When certain people are less qualified to do a job this means they cause a hazard and danger of causing society bodily harm and even death in the fields they work in.

Everyone also doesn't realize that this is all to stir up the "racial Harmony" that NEVER existed and never will. They use race to keep everyone at odds and remain in power.

So let me help a little......OBAMA ISN"T BLACK..........He's 1/2 a cracker, white DEVIL.... He's got white, caucasian, European American blood coursing through his veigns. Call him black all you want but he's got more white characteristics than black.

If it walks like a white man and talks like a whiteman.....HMMMM.....Must be a whiteman

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think what gets me, the most is that the state government needs to crack down on who gets welfare, And food stamps ect. I went with my aunt one day to the local DHS office while she was signing up for food stamps, Which she gets all of $12 a month food stamps. Go figure. But there were folks in there with fur coats on and brand new cars signing up for food stamps and getting them. Dressed up real fancy and everything. Then you have those of us working our butts off to pay for food, gas and to pay the bills. Yet we get our clothes from the local churches or from yard sales. I believe that White construction workers should get what is coming to them. My husband works on steep roofs. He risks his life every time he goes up there. Yet he has tried to hire black workers and they wont work. They say its to dangerous for that little bit of money. So therefore I believe that White construction workers deserve the money. Lets put it this way if the blacks want to live off the state and get a check so be it. But dont give them another check for it. Give it to the folks that are risking there lives to build America.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The original video of this can be found on C-Span here.

Whomever created this clip took 2 snippets (combined, both totaled 3 minutes 32 seconds in length) out of an entire 1 hour 54 minute meeting. I am at work and cannot listen and examine the entirety to see if these 2 combined clips were singled out because it could be easily exploited and taken out of context when compared to the entire meeting. I will have to examine this at my leisure later this weekend.

I would highly urge all to watch the entire meeting to see if these clips are accurate in the video's depiction or if they are taken out of context.

The dialog given in the YouTube video is accurate besides the periods where the creator added some feedback when the video went black. The contents of this video was not altered / dubbed other than splicing the two snippets together. The parts in the YouTube clip can be found at these time location in the original video.

The first part is of Robert Reich
start time: 28:17
end time: 29:24

The second clip is of Charles Rangel
start time: 59:37
end time: 1:02:21

Until I can examine the entire meeting, what are your thoughts. Is the YouTube an accurate depiction or badly taken out of proportion as the clips are taken out of context?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
hi here,s my input. when hitler came to power. when germany was in a great depression, broke after the 1st war he started massive constrution project,s ie autobaun ,housing, civic project,s, and alike. to create massive employment, when the mark was worth a lot less..
he banned trade union,s changed employment law,s ect ect.
you all don,t think is this history trying to repeat it,s self

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
michellemalkin.com...

No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers" can be found at Michelle Malkin's site

Robert Reich: Keep stimulus money away from skilled workers and “white male construction workers”
By Michelle Malkin • January 22, 2009 05:01 AM

apparently this is legit.

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by skibtz

You're wrong!

Read Reich's blog it says the same thing

here once again is Reich's blog thanks to red, people should at least try to scan through the post.

It is hard to believe isn't it?

[edit on 023131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Liberals and Democrats, in general, always seem to want to "even out" all the people. They don't care how hard you work for something compared to others that don't work for anything. They just want to be "fair". They want to elevate the guy who has been unemployed for years (and doesn't even try to get a job) to the same status as the guy who works a 60 hour week, sweating his butt off. Then, they want to level out the world. They don't like that America is rich and that other places are poor. They want to "distribute the wealth" to everyone...and to the demise of the people who actually try to better themselves.

Lost your house due to ignorance? Here is a refinance plan.
Loosing your business cause you spent unwisely? Bail-out
Don't work and aren't looking? Here is some welfare.
Can't afford health care? Here it is...free of charge.

We are raising a society of takers...not makers. And what will happen when the country can't support these CHILDREN any longer?

Racism is a simple thing to see...if you do something or don't do something because of a person's color...that is racist.

But...when you look at the percentages of whites and blacks that voted for Obama or "the other guy", you will see that the choice for "change", was a racist choice. And the result? A racially selected President...who is also a liberal democrat? Expect to see the workers of this country supporting all the bleeding-hearts that cry "I can't find a job", "THEY took my house", "Its not my fault my kids are criminals", etc. Expect to see YOUR taxes double when the low-life living next door starts getting bigger checks from Uncle Sam.

Welcome to society's fall.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Come on you Obama supporters! you wanted "change" here it is! love it! lub it!

eat it all up!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join