It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Video - No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

THANK YOU!

I am thrilled someone caught that!

IIRC, wasn't the Civil war about State's Rights?

Absolutely was. Which is exactly why this video is so disturbing to me to watch. New York should cringe in embarassment that one of their own was advocating this. However.. no one's paying attention.. again...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Great, now you've given closet racist over age 55 a reason to come out and be recognized.

I'll be 62 next month. I well remember when the black people could not use the white peoples bathrooms, go to white restaurants, drink out of white water fountains and i also remember the race riots and the KKK.

That is no excuse for a political figure to be so blatantly racist.

As I did, he should have put the old ways behind him and worked for an age of equality for all peoples regardless of age, race or sex.

I don't know where you are from but reverse racism is very real in the south. It's ugly and nasty.

I long for the time that race is not an issue but I won't see that in my lifetime. Very sad.

We may also see the demise of good work ethic. Being a qualified and good worker may not be an asset in the future.

Maybe we should also change our country's name to The United States of the Federal Government. What ever happened to "we the people"?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think this was another example how government likes to keep people divided.

Keep attentions on each other and not them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
just out of curiosity, is the sound on that video screwed up or is it just me? if the sound is screwed up on a youtube video, alarm bells go off, for me at least.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
what the hell are you talking about?! He said he wants to make sure that the jobs created don't go to white male construction workers and white professionals...you know the problem is is that white people have had such a leg up on EVERYONE else that when other people start getting an equal chance and equal footing others see and perceive it as racism.

40 years ago, Christians stood up in Arkansas to protest the end of segregation..just 40 years ago, waving there bibles swearing up and down the scripture supported their own point of view.

There is no reverse racism in what he said, you need to stop blowing things out of proportion (a famous line used when discussing racism). I mean jeez, white folks in this country have a leg up and EVERYONE white on this forum is reaping the benefits of your own skin color, if your white then YES you have an advantage on the other ethnic groups. What the problem is that no one wants to admit..because its 2k in America and we have a black prez..

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Come to Minnesota and say that to our faces!
Katrina was just a natural disaster that was unfortunate but it gots nothing on the infrastructure issues that are plaguing this country. The last 8 years OUR Government CHOSE to NOT repair bridges, roads, railways, or locks/dams and i can promise you that this country will be no better than Antarctica because of it. How does a bridge that spans the Great Mississippi River and that is the nations longest Interstate I-35 not get the attention it deserves?

Obama must fix our Countries Infrastructure before it self destructs. My analogy of this is we all know that not fixing minor issues with our own vehicles only leads to bigger and more expensive issues and puts your own health at risk.....this is the Nations Infrastructure in a nutshell. What happens if another bridge collapses during the first few weeks into Obama's term?

Fix it or we will all come falling down with those Bridges Mr. Obama!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

It isn't an equal chance being given to minorities. Hell, I'm a minority... well half and i'm saying this affirmative action bs is garbage. Hard work should be the measurement of your success not skin color, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The sound is off or something.

Can we find another version where the sound is actually working correctly?

I'm sure if he really said this it would be all over the internet by now, I guess we will wait and see.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheMagick

The dictionary definition and the street term definition are two different entities, reverse racism is prejudice against those supposedly guilty of racism, by street terms or slang. But i have read your posts and all are in defense of libs/dems, so it doesnt surprise me you defend this under the radar.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

What are you talking about? My posts are in defense of my own opinion. I do not associate myself with any party. They're all corrupt anyway. That's politics. I don't support stimulus money at all.

Racism is racism no matter what group the racism is directed to.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

It won't be all "over the internet", this is a MSM tactic to downplay information of significance, so we don't get the whole story, do yourself a favor and dig for the truth, make your own educated analysis before spouting off that the MSM did'nt say so, so it must not be true......

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

The key words here are "not simply go to......"

Basically he's saying he wishes to see the work being spread out to both black AND white construction workers and professionals.

Yes, he could have phrased it better, but I got what the meaning of his words immediately. This is not racism guys, in fact quite the opposite.

If he had said something along the lines of:

".....NOT SIMPLY GO TO WHITE CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, BUT ALSO BLACK WORKERS, LATINO WORKERS ETC....."

Then this would be a totally different thread - but the same message, just a different interpretation.

Relax, no racism here.

Marker

eit to add: This is what he meant to say, he just didn't make it clear enough.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by marker3221]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Perhaps it was just some ATS advertisement showing up in the loading box but when i clicked to watch that video i noticed it display "crackle.com" which is a Sony owned Contest website for viewers to submit their original content.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"I am concerned, as I am sure you are too, that these jobs not SIMPLY go to highly skilled professionals or white male construction workers."

not SIMPLY go...
white MALE construction workers..

My impression is that he is saying he would like to see the jobs generated by an infusion of funds to infrastructure and the funds themselves NOT GO ONLY to the established construction firms that most of us see working on our roadways....often run by corrupt businesses and organized crime...a repository for cushy jobs of connected family friends....paying 40 dollars an hour to sit in a truck or flip a stop/go sign.

Yes I think it would be a good idea to assure that infrastructure funds have strict oversight and a means to ensure that women and minorities aren't excluded in the resultant job growth...that or just give the money to the MOB.

FATHER, SONS SENTENCED IN ROAD-BUILDING FRAUD
www.thelaborers.net...
The patriarch and two sons of a century-old road-building business that constructed nearly every major expressway in Chicago were sentenced to federal prison terms for fraud Friday under terms of a plea agreement blasted by the judge in hindsight as being too lenient.

Referring to the sentencing agreement she had earlier approved between prosecutors and attorneys representing the three executives of Palumbo Brothers Inc.,

Mob's Shadow Still Falls Across Building Projects
www.thelaborers.net...
The city's action against the company, Interstate Industrial Corporation, which has also done work on the city's new $71 million stadium complex on Staten Island, attracted little attention. Yet it was hardly an isolated case. Last year, for example, two successive companies hired by the city to supply concrete for the renovation of City Hall Park were thrown off the job in two months because of similar suspicions.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

Why are you jumping so quick to believe this.

It's good to have a good dose of skepticism.

I said my opinion, and I wasn't spouting. You can like it or not, I could care less.

And could you tell me where I said anything about the MSM, because I didn't, before you make a habit of seeing things that aren't really their.

[edit on 1/22/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think everyone should re-read the posting on page 1 from the "white construction worker."
He summed it up perfectly, as did the poster above me (marker3221's post, there are now others between ours).

This isn't racism. What he is trying to establish is the fact that IF we are going to use stimulus money (something I am actually opposed to, as I think it will inflate our economy too much) we should use it for everyone. Not just the folks who already have money.
He is targetting the downtrodden and broke with his comments. He is saying we need to empower them to have a chance to move up in their standing.
Now, that being said, the really tricky thing in this dialogue is the comments they make trying to direct where this money will go, at the state level, from the federal level.
Just like the video illustrated, this is taxation without proper representation.

Afterall, that "stimulus" money is being funded through our tax dollars. If it doesn't go where WE want it to go, it is, in fact, a mandate, like he said.

It is a direct ORDER for us to do with our OWN MONEY what THEY WANT US TO.

This is what I don't like. But like he said, we will be too distracted to even notice.
Don't worry though, they keep this crap up and the day of reckoning draws ever closer. Remember that, Rangel. Remember that.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Agree 100%, see my post above.

Better explained by your good self. Sometimes all it takes is a step back, a deep breath and a few thoughts before coming to a conclusion.

I'm not saying all of you are jumping on bandwagons, I just find this works for myself.

Marker

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I think you sum it up, nicely...
Quick and TRUE story. I work with a man who used to be one of those sign flippers. Guess how much money he made one year doing that (actually he only did it for 7 months)? Over 50,000 dollars.
See how much a Mexican makes for doing it. 10 bucks an hour. And he is happy to have those 10 bucks an hour.
This is why our construction industry standards of wages have dropped 5 dollars per hour over the last 15 years REGARDLESS of inflationary circumstances in the economy.

This is what they are trying to address.
They are saying that they are about to give out big contracts and they don't want the 50k whites working on the jobs only. How about 50k regardless race.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marker3221

Back to under the radar, are you from Ireland, if so you have no business commenting on our policies or what you deem racism. This is racism, i come from the construction industry(no longer involved though) and the highest percentage of qualified/skilled workers for these type of stimulus jobs in the infrastructure aspect are "White Males", i am latino, i do not agree with AFFIRMATVE ACTION to see that underqualified minorities get a slice of the pie JUST BECAUSE. It is fiscally wrong, it is wrong in the Safety aspects, it is wrong because you don't sidetrack qualified, experienced professionals to ensure those who have not made their own way via hard work and educating themselves in that field, "What ever happened to the idea of the best qualified for the job, regardless of race, creed, color, or religion??" as quoted by redhatty. I am in transportation and i see these White Males working on our Highways/Freeways every day, anyone else of any race or religion has the opportunity to join these guys in their endeavors, by putting in the blood, sweat and tears and not just having it handed to them because they don't get the slice of pie because of lack of qualifications, and that is the ONLY reason they don't get the pie, not RACISM by whites.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

Actually this is an open forum and anyone can comment on anything they please.

Now instead of covienently skipping my post, would you reply to it.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join