It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Video - No stimulus money for "White Male Construction Workers"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Try going to the CSPAN2 website and watching the original video. Those comments from those folks are in that version also.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Since I don't live in the US I find this entire situation amusing. The geniuses in the US government who helped cause the housing crisis by forcing the banks to give unqualified minorities loans is going to save the economy by increasing the moutain of debt with race based rather then qualification based employment. Oh my...

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Originally posted by Marked One

"Well. I am Mexican so I am safe. So 'booyah' to all you white losers. "

reply to post by AgentMoulder

Ppl see the world differently.

It is all about perspective.

Maybe this is his perspective.

Aztlan Rising

If it is his perspective the numbers are with him.

10's of millions in fact, the employers LOVE the illegals because they
can treat them like dirt and have them deported if they cause any
problems and do not pay workmens comp, insurance, etc etc.

The mayor of LA is a La Raza member.

So I can see why he might think this way.

So by and large the employers in the US are the focus point for
what is about to happen here.

Ppl have been pointing it out for years, and for years ppl keep
sticking their head in the sand and saying everything is FINE !

Well...Good Luck with that.

I made my plans to get out of the city when it all starts to unravel.

Best of Luck to you all !

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
Originally posted by Marked One

10's of millions in fact, the employers LOVE the illegals because they
can treat them like dirt and have them deported if they cause any
problems and do not pay workmens comp, insurance, etc etc.

So true, but what I know of mexicans is that they really don't care. They are desensitized, they do not have the same ego needs. They hang out, and support each other, and live happy!

What I really wanted to say, was that I - as a woman(minority) do not want to build bridges! I will not really feel safe going on a bridge built by a minority that used to live in a clay and straw village and/or another minority that really hates whites.

I Do not trust a male gynacologist (medicine belongs to the female)

Male restaurant cooks become really evil(can't stand the heat, get out)

I could easely go on and re-administer the proper functions to the proper executor - But this Male dominated World is ravaged by his need for quantity - I as a woman(minority) do not want equality,

I NEED quality of life!

(and I am not talking about stuff)

Hula

ps This could also be used against them , I could claim their job and do it much better! They do not have a clue of whats going on down here.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

The word misanthrope comes to mind...

Sad that you hate men so much. We are not bad people.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Its really sad that all you can do is sit there and brand a victim of repeated male abuse as a mesanthrope! I speak through experience and awareness!

I guess my husband(also a member) will be the one to speak of my "hate for men". I am sure he will want to make sure you understand that we both "hate" poststalkers.

You are still offended that I labeled you an unlikely like-minded friend.

Stay on topic!

Hula

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wonder what our new NWO puppet team is gonna do next? maybe ban the last 2 white guys at the food bank? you know cause theirs only 2 of them they don't need it as much as the 200 illegal Mexicans that swamp the place every month like savage animals feasting on the flesh of a fallen victim without care for anyone there including them selves. who then take the Majority of the food even tho they are told not to take more than what is provided for there family of 5. Then they fumble and drop food about as they get in there brand new 2008 cars..... Me the white guy and the black guy just stand off to the side looking at each other in disgrace at the savage chaos that is pointless and uncalled for. we then go home in our crappy cars from the late 80's. lets not even mention the kids.

im just some multi raced American Mutt pointing out a 5 year observation at my local FB. and yes this Fiesta happens every single time i go there.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheMagick
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

If anything, that's what I think is the more important part of that video. Not this "reverse racism" crap. I would like to point out that "reverse racism" is, guess what, EQUALITY. "Racism" isn't a word that ONLY refers to one group of people. Get a dictionary.

I would make a bigger deal about the taxation without representation bit, but we're obviously more concerned about "reverse racism".

REVERSE RACISM IS EQUALITY?

Obviously you are not a white male.?? Caucasion males are the most discriminated of all races today and THAT IS A FACT!

It kills me that people can speak openly in government about discriminating against any race, and I am simply tired of the reverse racism; people such as yourself always seem to think its ok, it's just white men they are talking about so it's ok. Now if they had said black construction workers in that segment # would hit the fan and you would probably be crying foul.

Switching gears, this whole stimulus reconstruction package is pure # if the economic advisor to Barak has any role to play. You might as well burn that money because it's going to disappear and the economy wont be better for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
I think what gets me, the most is that the state government needs to crack down on who gets welfare, And food stamps ect. I went with my aunt one day to the local DHS office while she was signing up for food stamps, Which she gets all of $12 a month food stamps. Go figure. But there were folks in there with fur coats on and brand new cars signing up for food stamps and getting them. Dressed up real fancy and everything. Then you have those of us working our butts off to pay for food, gas and to pay the bills. Yet we get our clothes from the local churches or from yard sales. I believe that White construction workers should get what is coming to them. My husband works on steep roofs. He risks his life every time he goes up there. Yet he has tried to hire black workers and they wont work. They say its to dangerous for that little bit of money. So therefore I believe that White construction workers deserve the money. Lets put it this way if the blacks want to live off the state and get a check so be it. But dont give them another check for it. Give it to the folks that are risking there lives to build America.

Unfortunately I agree several years ago I made 7.50 an hour and my wife couldn't work, we had 3 kids to raise and she had no skills; needless to say we were living a tight existence. One day while at the store buying beans, hot dogs and such we stood behind a very well dressed black couple who threw porterhouse, and t-bone steaks (several) on the counter then paid for it in food stamps. We then observed them leaving the store parking lot in a brand new Cadillac. We did not qualify for foodstamps .....wtf? THE SYSTEM IS BEING PLAYED! I can never get this out of my head, we ate # food for years and drove junk and I worked my ass off for almost nothing but NEVER WAS I ABLE TO COLLECT FOOD STAMPS or any other program..even when unemployed because I had 500.00 dollars in the bank set aside for rent.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So true, but what I know of mexicans is that they really don't care. They are desensitized, they do not have the same ego needs. They hang out, and support each other, and live happy! What I really wanted to say, was that I - as a woman(minority) do not want to build bridges! I will not really feel safe going on a bridge built by a minority that used to live in a clay and straw village and/or another minority that really hates whites. I Do not trust a male gynacologist (medicine belongs to the female) Male restaurant cooks become really evil(can't stand the heat, get out)

For someone who claims to have been a victim of bias or bigotry, you sure seem to be able to dish out the bias and bigotry. You should really be careful, making such bigoted remarks.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
They want ANY civil strife, so long as it isn't poor versus rich.

Black vs White doesn't bother them.

Rich, powerful men know that head are going to roll (literally) if society breaks down into a poor versus rich paradigm.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by interested-one

Unfortunately I agree several years ago I made 7.50 an hour and my wife couldn't work, we had 3 kids to raise and she had no skills; needless to say we were living a tight existence. One day while at the store buying beans, hot dogs and such we stood behind a very well dressed black couple who threw porterhouse, and t-bone steaks (several) on the counter then paid for it in food stamps. We then observed them leaving the store parking lot in a brand new Cadillac. We did not qualify for foodstamps .....wtf? THE SYSTEM IS BEING PLAYED! I can never get this out of my head, we ate # food for years and drove junk and I worked my ass off for almost nothing but NEVER WAS I ABLE TO COLLECT FOOD STAMPS or any other program..even when unemployed because I had 500.00 dollars in the bank set aside for rent.

I come from a white family and lived as you did. My dad a white male electrician worked 40+ hrs a week and we ate the cheapest food my mom could buy. My dad never had a new car, he would buy them 10 years old.

When I was out oh high school my parents couldnt pay for my collage so I looked at what classes they had to get some type of certification I could afford. I saved up the money I had from the $4.25 hr job I had working for the public school system in 2004. I tried to get financial aid but couldnt because their computer showed my dad had $90,000 in assets. Im not sure where they got that number at but I they said I was to rich. I got double vision from welding and got scared from going blind so I got a $8hr job on a farm where I got hurt this past year and broke a collar bone. I had a $30,000 hospital bill and lost everything I had.

My sister works at the grocery store and every day I have to hear about the food stamp people buying icecream cakes and T bones. Then driving off in their new cady.

Being a white male suck, everyone screws you over just because they can legaly. I have only 4 shirts that are store bought and they are for church. All my shirts were free, most leftovers my grandma got at the cancer walk.

I talked to about 50 lawyers about the farm accident and none would help me and only one met with me in person. He wouldnt help me but I wouldnt leave until he said why. He said look, your not a minority, the court will never give you any big money from that. He said youll win enough to pay your bills but your lawer will want 1/3 and there just isnt enough money there for any lawyer to want to take it.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by Michaeljp86]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Michaeljp86

That sounds like when I grew up. My dad worked for the local power company as a first class line man and we thought we were Rich because we always had plenty of food on the table. Little did I know it was because we raised all of our own food. But when your a kid you think your rich just because you eat good. When we did have money problems after my dad died, us kids found out we were even lower then middle class all the time. Which we never had known that before. But we were not elligible for food stamps because my moms home was valued at $45,000 that was to the DHS office income. Just because she didnt owe money on it. But we learned how to survive on $400 a month by once again raising all of our own food, and selling the extra.

My kids know they are not rich, But they also know they can easily end up in the poor house. Luckily there is some good news tonight. We just got word we have 2 houses to do starting next week. 2 roofs will help pay some bills. With plenty left over to put in my home safe for when its needed. But my kids unlike so many other kids out there have never had video games, and there own computers and computer games. My kids are lucky to have Bikes we get for them at yard sales. At least they have that. I had to ride the cow when I was a kid. Luckily we didnt have a bull.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by pmbhuntress]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately it seems that the social service system actually penalizes people that attempt to be responsible and self-sustaining.

Rather than praise you for saving your money and buying a home so they don't have to subsidize your rent, they penalize you for it.

If you work 40 hours a week to put food on the table and provide health care for your family, they penalize you for it.

If you have a vehicle registered in your name, that is valued above X amount of dollars, you're penalized you for it.

The lesson being taught is: it's much better to be a drain on society than a productive member.

Why save your money to buy a home when you can get subsidized rent, with none of the hassle of ownership?

Why work to feed your family, when you can get just as much in food stamps and sit on your collective butt?

Why pay for your family health insurance, when the state will provide medical treatment to you for free?

A job ain't nuttin' but work..

[edit on 24-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

For someone who claims to have been a victim of bias or bigotry, you sure seem to be able to dish out the bias and bigotry. You should really be careful, making such bigoted remarks.

I was a victim of much much more than bias and bigotry!

I am well traveled and I am smart enough to know the government blindly encourages the constant incoming flow of Arabs, Haitians, Chinese ect into my country...well guess what - they really don't like us, and they are better treated than we are, of course.
We are becoming a minority here were I live. Being a delicate "white" female I am a target for any racism toward the white man.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I am well traveled and I am smart enough to know the government blindly encourages the constant incoming flow of Arabs, Haitians, Chinese ect into my country.

I don't condone anyone being treated poorly, and I am sorry if it happened to you. We should treat all people well, of course.
Having said that, though, once we accept someone from another country into ours, it becomes THEIR country also. The US is made up of immigrants from virtually every nation on earth. Most of our adopted children are immigrants. Once here, all immigrants are Americans, and we should welcome them as fellow Americans, no matter what country they came from.

well guess what - they really don't like us, and they are better treated than we are, of course.

I truly don't understand where you are coming from on this, and I'm not looking to pick a fight, but you can't make generalizations like your last quote above. I spent a good deal of time in the middle east, living among Arabs, and I can tell you that to a person, I was treated with dignity, respect, and friendship. I still communicate with many of the people that accepted me into their lives. Arabs, Chinese, whatever, are like everyone else that I know, if you treat THEM with dignity and respect, then they will do likewise in return. It's the golden rule.

I hate to see someone let hatred eat them up. If you were treated poorly, that is unfortunate, but move on with your life. Living with hatred or disdain of others only hurts you, so try to put it aside, and look towards the future.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
reply to post by Michaeljp86

That sounds like when I grew up. My dad worked for the local power company as a first class line man and we thought we were Rich because we always had plenty of food on the table. Little did I know it was because we raised all of our own food. But when your a kid you think your rich just because you eat good. When we did have money problems after my dad died, us kids found out we were even lower then middle class all the time. Which we never had known that before. But we were not elligible for food stamps because my moms home was valued at $45,000 that was to the DHS office income. Just because she didnt owe money on it. But we learned how to survive on $400 a month by once again raising all of our own food, and selling the extra.

My kids know they are not rich, But they also know they can easily end up in the poor house. Luckily there is some good news tonight. We just got word we have 2 houses to do starting next week. 2 roofs will help pay some bills. With plenty left over to put in my home safe for when its needed. But my kids unlike so many other kids out there have never had video games, and there own computers and computer games. My kids are lucky to have Bikes we get for them at yard sales. At least they have that. I had to ride the cow when I was a kid. Luckily we didnt have a bull.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by pmbhuntress]

I never had a bicycle, I was riding my pedal tractor at age 10 then had to borrow my sister yard sale bike. When I was 14 the greatest thing happened, my grandpa told my grandma to buy us all a bicycle.

We grew most of our food too, infact the summer is about the only time I ever eat good. All my friends in school had computers and video games, I never did. I only took 4 hot showers in my life, we never had a working water heater. My sister would get to use the 1gal of warm water out of it because she had long hair, that was my moms excuse.

I failed a high school engish class once because I never went on vacation. We had to do a paper on a vacation. I told the teacher I have never been on vacation, she said everyone goes on vacation. I said I never have and she goes well dont do it and walked off. I wrote about the vacation I went on when I went deer hunting with my dad. Well she was a tree hugger and failed me on it and gave me bad grades on everything after that. I passed the midterm so I didnt have to retake her class.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Little

Bug

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

I'm one of the white people hit hard by the Fed's screwing up our housing industry. I have/had a frame company for several years now. I've never been out of work until now. The area I live in has always flourished in the building trade, even when the rest of the country was slow. It hit here hard. I haven't had any work in 5 months and I've tried to get a job doing just anything in any area, not just construction. I am a white female. I guess that would count me in, too.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I'm not talking about mocking success or anything like that because different people coming from different backgrounds measure success in different ways. Mexicans have no trouble doing hard work and its all good baby..do what you do.

The kind of advantage i'm speaking about isn't measured out with a scale to compare it to something else. The advantages i speak of are kind of like legacies...let me break it down chief...How is it that Ray Charles can have a movie based on his life but not James Brown the GODFATHER of soul. Simple, James Brown has less appeal to mainstream America, IE white people...so he gets no movie, as i know of at this moment. Ray Charles and James Brown both lead interesting pioneering lives when it comes to music, comparing the two would be like comparing the Beetles to Elvis..so how do you justify making a movie for one that was a Box office hit while over looking the other..

But white folks in America do have leg up. Now, depending on what one wishes to accomplish..that "leg up" gets varied.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join