It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccans 'Cleanse' White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Wiccan Ceremony to 'cleanse the White House'.

The Nation

It also included a rally organized by Medea Benjamin, who was joined by witches from CodePink and Kate Clinton, the comedienne, whose object would be to "cleanse the White House."

Pictures available here -
Examiner

On Monday, January 19th at 6:00 pm, hundreds gathered at Dupont Circle for this frivolous, yet remarkable, ceremony. A shaman was there to perform the ceremony. Rabbi Sharon Klein delivered the invocation. Together with organizer, Kate Clinton, they took on the gargantuan task of cleansing the White House of evil spirits

When Bush moved in he had the White House blessed to cleanse it of the Clintons bad karma. It doesn't look like Obama had these people inside to cleanse the White House, but they took it upon themselves to SMUDGE outside the White House.

I understand smudging and think it's fine. This wasn't something official and it was done by people who took it upon themselves to do it. If Obama had people inside the White Hosue to smudge the residence portion, I wouldn't mind. Freedom of religion and all.

I don't think it actually 'counts' as a smudging or cleansing since they didnt' get inside the building.

Just thought you all would like to see and hear about this.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Very interesting to be sure. I personally would have had them inside to preform a cleansing ritual throughout the white house. But that's me.

Heck after the last president I would have called for priests to preform an exorcism on the place, a rabbi to bless the place, and just about every other religious organisation to thoroughly do the job right.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
At least the Obamas don't have to worry about stained carpets like Bush did.

Going to be interesting to see how Obama puts his touch on the White House.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think that is going to take more than witches to clean the demons that bush left behind.

I think Flyers that a Catholic exorcism will be in order

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When Billy was President. How did those people remove the "cigar stained carpet" in the office of the President.

Originally posted by jam321
At least the Obamas don't have to worry about stained carpets like Bush did.

Going to be interesting to see how Obama puts his touch on the White House.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I think Flyers that a Catholic exorcism will be in order

Obama can have that place blessed all he wants. I think it's a good idea for ANY incoming POTUS to have the private residence blessed.

The thing about the smudging is that it was done outside. I don't think it did any good for the inside of the White House.

Obama's team took down the Official White House Ghost page from the official website. It was the one thing that I liked about the Bush website. They actually acknowledged the ghost stories and had video from inside the White House - interviews with workers who had strange, possibly supernatural, things happen.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He did what!!!! Obama is not a conspiracy believer? oh, we are going to have some problems with that.

The white house is full of the ghost of the past and that one is something that nobody can denied.

Perhaps that is why he keep the "cleaning" outside as not to disturb the friendly ghost inside.

But then again having young children he may not want them to be scare while living in their new home for the next few years.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps that is why he keep the "cleaning" outside as not to disturb the friendly ghost inside.

Apparently one of the spooks is President Johnson (Kennedy's VP). One book I have says that when Bush was in a meeting in the West Wing and they decided to push the button to go to war in Iraq - Johnsons ghost showed up. It was a cold breeze that gushed through the room and Johnson let out an evil laugh as he breezed through. No one saw him - they just felt and heard him.

That's what the book says anyways.

I wish they hadn't taken the spook page down.
It was the best part of the website.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That is so sad, I never had the opportunity to see the web site because I never knew it was out there, I remember reading a nice fiction novel about the white house ghost.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Very interesting to be sure. I personally would have had them inside to preform a cleansing ritual throughout the white house. But that's me.

Heck after the last president I would have called for priests to preform an exorcism on the place, a rabbi to bless the place, and just about every other religious organisation to thoroughly do the job right.

I love your post and am having a great laugh over it! Excellent idea and I would also think, it is very needed.

I honestly have a problem though, due to the design of Washington D.C. and how the White House is the base of the pentigram design above it , made from the street design.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Pentagram has a lot of different meanings.
As for finding on in a city layout...
I found a castle, a dragon, a monkey a city...

top topics

join