It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas second Oath, Constitution not included!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandom1
Ok BH, don't get your panties in a wad.

Since when is posting information (that you ASKED FOR in your OP) and requesting the thread title be changed to reflect that truth considered "getting one's panties in a wad"?

Originally posted by TheRandom1
If you have a link to the audio or even a video of it, I'd love to see it.

Posting a thread to ask a question of the ATS community (instead of looking it up yourself) by making a false statement (instead of a question) is a clear attempt, not to discuss something that happened, but to sensationalize something you're not even sure of, and lowers the quality of the board. Most people would be very embarrassed to have posted a lie.

If you had done any research at all instead of flying off the handle, you could have easily found the audio. I did.

I'm not interested in naming your thread. I just thought, if you had any integrity or were concerned about credibility, you wouldn't want a lie out there with your name on it. If that's ok with you, it's certainly not my concern.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Hi, from what we heard he took the second oath because of Roberts screw up at the inaguration. The msm said there was no tape of this only the one photo that someone already posted. I dont think there is anything to worry about, the way it is portraied cheif justice Roberts wanted to do it again because he screwed up originaly and left something out.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
...making a false statement (instead of a question) is a clear attempt, not to discuss something that happened, but to sensationalize something you're not even sure of, and lowers the quality of the board. Most people would be very embarrassed to have posted a lie.

...I just thought, if you had any integrity or were concerned about credibility, you wouldn't want a lie out there with your name on it.

Agreed.

Kind of like I felt here.

First good chuckle of the day.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Why should he have to swear before god? God has no place in the matter. I've seen many a court case that does not include a bible but rather the raising of the right hand and only that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
reply to post by JustAThought

Our system of government is based on Christian religion and its morals and precepts. We can not operate outside of it. Witout moral code law is useless regulation and taxation. In God we Trust.

mmm, like I said in another post where someone said USA system of government is based on the christian religion I have to say no it is not.

Am I allowed to cut and paste what I said on the other thread? I hope so, here goes with some new info added.

The Constitution contains no mention of Christianity or Jesus Christ. In fact, the Constitution refers to religion only twice in the First Amendment, which bars laws "respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," and in Article VI, which prohibits "religious tests" for public office.

Washington's administration even negotiated a treaty with the Muslim rulers of north Africa that stated explicitly that the United States was not founded on Christianity. The pact, known as the Treaty with Tripoli, was approved unanimously by the Senate in 1797, under the administration of John Adams. Article 11 of the treaty states, "[T]he government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion…."

The Constitution was NOT founded on christian principles. Their are somewhere around 55% of the population that believe erroneously that the Constitution establishes a Christian nation.

Go on and do some research if you really wanna deny ignorance.

www.treas.gov...

The phrases "In God we Trust" etc was added in the 1950's, and in the 1960's it was added to paper money, also during the 1950's, the phrase "so help me God" was added to the oaths of office for justices and judges. Before the change on money
E Pluribus Unum standing for "Out of Many, One", was used on our currency.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Originally posted by Dr Love
Anybody know which President that is in the oil painting? Just asking to see if there might be any symbolism to the picture.

Benjamin Latrobe

Benjamin Henry Boneval Latrobe (May 1, 1764 - September 3, 1820) was a British-born American architect best known for his design of the United States Capitol, as well as his design of Baltimore's cathedral. Latrobe came to the United States in 1796, settling first in Virginia and then relocating to Philadelphia where he set up his practice. In 1803, he was hired as Surveyor of the Public Buildings of the United States, and spent much of the next fourteen years working on projects in Washington, D.C. Later in his life, Latrobe worked on a waterworks project in New Orleans, where he ended up dying in 1820 from yellow fever. He has been called the "Father of American Architecture".

Source.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join