It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas second Oath, Constitution not included!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

What are you going on about? I can't even TRULY understand what you're getting at here. What exactly would be going on?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amari

I saw the footage of the second swearing in yesterday on the news so it was taped/broadcast, in the UK anyway.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The title should be edited as it is PROVEN to be incorrect.

Audio in this post.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

Look, im am Dutch, and i live on the other side of the planet.
But we do however had full media coverage on his campaign etceterea.

Now i dont understand why people do not trust him? I got the feeling he really is the guy that will change the world for the positive. The guy has something, i cant tell what it is, but he just has something over him that makes me completely trust hi and like him.

But on the other side, Hitler was a great speecher too.

So, why do some of you dont trust him? Im really curious.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
So, why do some of you dont trust him? Im really curious.

Because it is an American tradition to Love To Hate To Hate To Love, especially a new president.

One minute we praise and glorify, the next we trash and bash.

It is sad, but it is very true. As time goes on, and we start to see what this new president is all about, then the lines are more defined.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What happened to Obama saying this was going to be a transparent Administration? Seems non transparent to me so far. Thanks for making this guy my boss everyone. I hold joying in knowing you think he'd be a great commander and chief for those of us in the Military.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hamilton was not a POTUS. It looks more like Polk to me but I am not sure. RE Original Post. The oath was taken again as it was not given verbatim by CJ Roberts but I understand that it was given correctly this time which would include the reference to upholding the US Const. but it should be noted that there is no Bible. Technically, I dont think that it supercedes the one given as it had the intent of the Congressional Oath even tho it was not verbatim to the letter.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkel

Well I would not be so quick to say this new admin is not being transparent because of this second Oath event. I am not a big Obama fan either, but so far it seems that he is starting to "rid the house of the rats" and begining the steps necessary to correct the last 8 years of incredible deception, hidden agenda, secrecy and lies.

By comparison, even tho this is only his 2nd full day as president, already Obama has out ranked Bush N Co. in the transparancy department.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Obama is not trusted along with most other people in the upper tiers of the government because we know that they are liars who work for greater powers.

They will say anything to achieve office that provides them with perks and publicity. In exchange for the office they become sock puppets of the real controllers who hold command of the US media and industry. They get together behind closed doors to decide the future of America.

The place where this happens is called the Council on Foreign Relations[CFR]. Obamas wife is a director on the Chicago area board. Obama is a 32nd degree Prince Hall Freemason.

We would love to have a president who upholds the constitution and is honest but that can't happen as long as the media decides who gets to be president. Sure, you get to vote, but McCain works for the same people. In the lead up to the party nominations the media makes sure that there is only positive coverage for the puppets and negative for those outside of their control.

Its top down slavery.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Malichai]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wow, you guys are really grasping at straws huh? He's President, it's a done deal.

Now just wait for President Obama's slightest screwup so the Repubs can call for his immediate impeachment. With you, no doubt, championing their efforts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I don't think that anyone is arguing that Obama is not president. The 20th Amendment is quite clear. It happened at noon on the 20th no matter what was said in the oath or even if there is an oath.

The question is about what Oath the president is bound by and what do the words really mean.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i think the bible was a measure taken so people will somehow believe the one taking the oath.
i am glad he didn't use the bible the second time; why be a further hypocrite and use the bible.
good for him

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just to clear the air .. It was not the Justice that messed the 1st oath up ... It was Obama. The MSM does not want to admit that their messiah messed up.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perhaps everyone is missing the point that Obama is just a regular joe, normal toe stubbing human being like the rest of us and can slip up and make mistakes.

What would be said if there wasnt a second Oath taken? Who would be blamed for that?

I think that all this nit picking, 11th hour complaining is childish and everyone should get on with their lives and let this new president have a few months to prove himself.

Bush is gone, that admin is gone, that 8 year "King Gorgie" era is gone. Get over it, its done, its history, quit living the past and start looking to the future.

Let the nit picking start about 6 or 12 months down the road when there is a real track record to nit pick about.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What trouble's me more is how many people around the world idolize him.
I just hope he dosnt start thinking he is a god on earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In Denmark atm we are outlawing religious symbols of any kind in courtrooms so that those on trial can feel safe that there are no hidden aggendas and bias towards them.

The fact that America still makes their leader swear on a bible is sad to me.

Don't you understand how religion only complicates union?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

You ask why we do not trust him...from the other side of the world he may look great, but from Chicago , where I live, he is a enigma. He rose to power at bullet speed, with very little experience and not much to stand for. He did not contruibute in state politics much at all...but was mysteriously elevated to a US Senatorial position by the powers that be.

I mistrust his -place of birth, his foreign entanglements, his religion or lack of, I mistrust his pro-choice attitudes, and his big government entitlement ideas. When I saw his real oath was administered without the Holy Bible...I felt like he was becoming president without faith in God....one word pops in my head...is he the one who will organize the one world government, one world monetary system, federalize education, federalize heathcare...sounds like the anti-christ to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

Our system of government is based on Christian religion and its morals and precepts. We can not operate outside of it. Witout moral code law is useless regulation and taxation. In God we Trust.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Perhaps everyone is missing the point that Obama is just a regular joe, normal toe stubbing human being like the rest of us and can slip up and make mistakes.

Maybe not...maybe he messed up the first oath because his hand was on the Bible and God would not permit this man to lie with his hand on the Holy Bible.

Maybe that is why he could get through the second oath...because he was basing the oath on his own twisted code and not the true law of God.

It was a terrible omen when he flubbed the oath and a worse one when he retook the oath without the Holy Bible. A true beleiver would not have forgotten the Bible. Obama is no regular joe.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Missing Blue Sky
I mistrust his -place of birth, his foreign entanglements, his religion or lack of, I mistrust his pro-choice attitudes, and his big government entitlement ideas. When I saw his real oath was administered without the Holy Bible...I felt like he was becoming president without faith in God....one word pops in my head...is he the one who will organize the one world government, one world monetary system, federalize education, federalize heathcare...sounds like the anti-christ to me.

His religion or "lack" of shouldn't be a concern seeing as how he is supposed to be a POLITICAL leader and we are supposed to have a separation of church and state. His religion shouldn't matter to you or anyone else. We have the freedom in this country to believe in whatever we want and that goes for the president as well.

We need his pro-choice attitudes. Pro-choice gives EVERY woman her own right to decide if abortion is right for her. If you disagree with abortion, good, don't have one. I DON'T disagree with abortion and you shouldn't be able to force your belief on me. I should have the right to choose how to live my own life.

If...IF the president doesn't have faith in god...SO WHAT. His religious standings are not supposed to hold sway over his political decisions.

Honestly, the education system is in the septic tank, federalizing it wouldn't be all that bad and neither would federalizing health care.

He doesn't sound like the Anti-Christ to me. He sounds like a politician.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join