It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Close Guantanamo and Foreign Prisons, Limit CIA Methods

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Do you realize - did you know - that the remaining 250 detainees in Gitmo are the worst of the worse? All others have been released.

Where will they go? If released they will most assuredly return to their old ways.

How about it if YOU take some of them into your home, where they can resharpen their rusty knives on...

To the person who referred to the CIA as a 'public service'. I have not heard such a naive view in a very long time!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by jsobecky
There is no court in our nation that will admit the type of evidence, although very damning, that we have against them.

There's a reason for that.

But you know why, don't you.

Time to pull together, dontcha think?

Oh yeah, I know why. And that is what makes his decision so wrong.

Pull together? We will die en masse if this fool is allowed to continue his policies.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by converge

No. What he is saying is that Obama made a very poor, ill-thought-out decision.

The home countries of these guys do not even want them back.

There is no court in our nation that will admit the type of evidence, although very damning, that we have against them.

There has been no plan announced on where to house these 250 thugs, who are the worst of the worse.

You can count on them visiting the US if released. And they will be armed.

Where is the proof that they arn't wanted by there own countries and are the worst of the worse.
Would it be all the legal representation they have had and the legal trial by a jury?

Oh I forgot, they havn't been tried by a jury yet or charged,

Good thing people like you can call them guilty, after all, we would hate for an innocent person to be locked up for years on speculation.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
They are not going to be bringing these people into the united states. The MSM is reporting it's most likely they will be shipped to Iraq and held without charges in Iraq (which is against the Iraq SOFA by the way).

Maybe the Department of Transportation send them to Vatican for attempted re-education to see why Obama is still a Muslim in his heart to look after a bunch of his own first things first.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
According to a few sources, the timeline for the dissolution of Gitmo seems to be a year in the making. Perhaps he is only feigning his competence in ending Gitmo, because he truly has no idea what to do with it/them. Or, even better, he is only blowing smoke and Gitmo will stay. Either way, I'm not surprised.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Where is the proof that they arn't wanted by there own countries and are the worst of the worse.

Well actually, Canada has the distinction of being the only western country who has left a citizen rotting in Guantanamo. But Omas Khadr was a 15 year old when busted, and the charges against him keep falling apart so they have to keep changing the rules, and he was tortured, (which is embarrassing) and hell, he's Brown, anyway, so Prime Minister Steve isn't interested in repatriating him.

But there is a surge...if I may be permitted the word...of interest in bringing him home to serve whatever sentence seems appropriate for a child soldier, so as soon as Steve notices that it might cost him his plush seat...well, there's more than one road to Damascus.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Time to pull together, dontcha think?

Pull together? We will die en masse if this fool is allowed to continue his policies.

I'll bet you a beer you're wrong. I'll sweeten the deal by making it a Canadian one, at that.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

if some "islamic fruitcake" does attack America it will have nothing whatsoever to do with Obamas polices and everything to do with Americas foreign policy for the last fifty years. you reep what you sow,what goes around comes around, fingers in to many pies. take your pick.
and as for all the recent attacks on america ,look closer to home!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is the first mention of closing secret foreign prisons that I have seen, as well.

Is he really going to close these down, or simply move them?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The 911 victims families want the trials.

Obama is erasing the 911 footsteps laid down by Bush.

The Bailout of Bush Policies (monetary and otherwise) is another
Illuminati cover up.

I'm sure many in the 911 conspiracy community want to see
what they find under those footsteps.

If none are picked up expect to hear Obama being accused as
initiating the cover policies.

Unless they lost their ability to find a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thought I would share this bit of news about Guantanamo Bay. Seems like Michigan is being considered to house or become the new site for detainees.

Standish Michigan is about a 5 hours drive from me here in Canada.

Congressman Bart Stupak

Rhain

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Obama is not actually doing this. He's just absolving the government of having to in favor of private institutions. These institutions run their own facilities overseas and they are exempt from the rules of war for the same reasons "terrorists" are.

Look at how much money the Federal Government, under Obama's watch, has increased it's budget for private security forces. 23% Look it up. With Iraq troops being pulled out and the "black sites" closing, they need to continue the policy some how. Nothing is changing, it's just getting overtly fascist.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join