It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Taxes

Accounts Receivable Tax

Building Permit Tax

Capital Gains Tax

CDL license Tax

Cigarette Tax

Corporate Income Tax

Court Fines (indirect taxes)

Dog License Tax

Federal Income Tax

Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)

Fishing License Tax

Food License Tax

Fuel permit tax

Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)

Hunting License Tax

Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)

Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)

IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)

Liquor Tax

Local Income Tax

Luxury Taxes

Marriage License Tax

Medicare Tax

Property Tax

Real Estate Tax

Septic Permit Tax

Service Charge Taxes

Social Security Tax

Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)

Sales Taxes

Recreational Vehicle Tax

Road Toll Booth Taxes

School Tax

State Income Tax

State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)

Telephone federal excise tax

Telephone federal universal service fee tax

Telephone federal, state and local surcharge taxes

Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax

Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax

Telephone state and local tax

Telephone usage charge tax

Toll Bridge Taxes

Toll Tunnel Taxes

Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)

Trailer registration tax

Utility Taxes

Vehicle License Registration Tax

Vehicle Sales Tax

Watercraft registration Tax

Well Permit Tax

Workers Compensation Tax

COMMENTS: Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago and our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

Wake up America! The coffee is on fire!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I blame it on the dems. And no i have no proof

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Freedom Fighter]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Social Programs and Government Bureaucracy combined with lack of accountability.

Ra

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Until FDR we were operating under a fudalist system with the top 2% as the richest US people in the world, controlling the US economy and having influence over the economies of the world through thier dirty deals; that eventually created the 1929 Crash and the depression that followed. The Crash was due to the same kinds of bad leadership that is creating that same type of economy today.
And the 3% upper middle class small business owners, that were basically controlled and subjecated by the top 2%.

The other 95% were:

Industrialized working poor enslaved by the robber-barons in low paying jobs with 7-day workweeks and no benefits at all!!! Threatened with firing if unionization was even whispered, workers were harrased, beaten and killed if they spoke out against thier employer-slavemaster-robber barons!!

and

poor dirt farmers who could not get enough money from a crop to help pay for the next planting, let alone support thier families!!

So this is what your current bushie administration is striving for, to create their idea of a perfect robber-baron world!!!!

FDR saw this for what it was, EXPLOITATION of the American workers!!! Although Roosevelt was a man of wealth he was able to understand that the average American Worker are the building blocks of a strong America and a strong economy that can favor all Americans, not just the top 2% robber-barons!!

Without those building blocks America would never have become one of the greatest countries on earth in the years after WW2, when peace, prosperity and the redistribution of wealth to more Americans, we made this country what is was until the bush felons took over!!!

Take back YOUR America!!!

Lets see shrubs felons try to hide 8 million angry unemployed American votes without the benefit of a brother as governor in all 50 states!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Damnit! Where's Robin Hood when you Need Him?!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson must be sick of rolling around in his grave....

Didn't we revolt against the British Empire over taxation and control??

Maybe the fat cats in DC should brush up on their US history before they pass any new taxes.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The thing that annoys me is the fact that everyone wants better education and streets and benefits, yet theyi don't want to pay their taxes. The government has become dependant on those taxes, they'll never go away.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Robin Hood you say? He lives about 15 miles from my house, Sherwood forest is loovely, though taxes help preserve it I believe. Oh, wait no actually I think it's funded by the British Heretage fund or something...
Sorry, slightly off topic, but some silly taxes there, especially when alot is being spent on the war, not on your kids schools and neighbourhoods.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
The thing that annoys me is the fact that everyone wants better education and streets and benefits, yet theyi don't want to pay their taxes. The government has become dependant on those taxes, they'll never go away.

I will happily never complain about paying my taxes the day that the fat is trimmed off of the US govt spending budgets and our elected officials start using careful thought before spending.....unlike the drunken sailor approach that seems to be the norm.

Here is the site that backs my complaint

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes everyone does want better infrastructure, WE DONT want our hard earned tax dollars paying for the slaughter of people in foriegn lands. PBS-NOW w/ bill moyers did a show on gov spending not too long ago. I will hunt it down and throw some references at you, but basicly it said that the pentagon cant account for something like a trillion dollars. I will get the actual stats.
Expect edits.
Another problem with the current tax system is CAFR. From what i have read, and admitedly it isnt much, but the gov should have plenty of money. It appears that they use taxation more out of desire than need. Before i get attacked on that I DONT CLAIM THIS< i just think i read it one day. CAFR.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Hehe...we are told the taxes will enable x, y, z programs but then after the tax law is in place, x, y, and z programs are told we, the ruling empire that is Amerika with it's NWO almost underway, need 15 more B2 stealth bombers @ more than 2 Billion dollars...and really think about that number...2 BILLION DOLLARS per aircraft...to fight terrorism and protect our "politicians" errr....people. What a bunch of horse ((c)! Ant the misapropriations and mismanagement of funds list is very lengthy...$50m for an enclosed rain tree park in Iowa (loc?), $87 Billion initially to rebuild Iraq with final estimates ranging from $500B to $1.6 trillion (how much of that is rerouted to campaign contributers with rebuilding contracts, hmmm?). It's not to hard to figure out that this is COMPLETELY (c)'d!!! We give tax money to government, government takes money and gives it to special interests, we get squat in return. Anyone hear of taxation without representation?!!! The red pill or the blue pill?

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by s.o.r.r.y.]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Sure, streets and education are nice, but it doesn't warrant tax on almost every damn thing you can possibly earn or buy. They get way too much.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'd blame the Second World War, after that the Government got tax happy. Always a good war to prompt economic upheaval.

top topics

join