It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictive Programming and LOTS OF Symbolism on the movie "The Matrix"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
About the movie "The Matrix"...
www.youtube.com...

www.imdb.com...

Some personal information can be seen on Thomas Anderson's "criminal record" that Agent Smith glances at when he interrogates Neo: The last update to the file was July 22, 1998 Neo's date of birth is "March 11, 1962" Neo's place of birth is "Lower Downtown, Capitol City" Neo's mother's maiden name is "Michelle McCahey" Neo's father's name is "John Anderson" Neo attended "Central West Junior High" and "Owen Paterson High" (named after the film's production designer). Seconds later a photocopy of his passport can be seen. There the place of his birth is CAPITAL CITY USA, his date of birth is the 13th of September 1971, the passport was issued on the 12th of September 1991 and will expire on the 11th of September 2001.

Drugs? Look at the right and above...

www.traditioninaction.org...

It's very curious considering that they spent millions on that film... I don't think It's just coincidence.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by infobrazil]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I didnt know that "The Matrix" features 9/11 in that way, before it happened.

That IS amazing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The last link you posted is well worth the read. The Matrix is one of those movies where the symbolism is very overt - it's not really hidden, so it's safe to say most of it's intentional.

Here's an image of Neo's passport:
img171.imageshack.us...

And a prior ATS thread on the subject:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A possible non-prescient explanation: Bush I gave his "New World Order" speech to Congress on Sept 11, 1990...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I read that link which was posted in the origianl post.

I've never read anything so ridiculous in my life. Everything is twisted and associated to the writers religious knowledge and slant.

Fundamentally illogical due to the fact that he tries to apply philosophical arguments against the idea of the 'matrix'. This fails because it is computer generated, everything within the Matrix is coded, not physical. The writer seems to miss this point whilst he diuscusses the philosophical attributes of being in two places at once.

I didn't like the tone and the warning - somehow it grated so much against my thoughts about the movie that I felt it neccessary to reply.

How can the writer portray the protagonist and the characters throughout the film as bad? I felt this film was such a mind opener, such a feel-good adventure of good winning against evil that I'm quite riled at that websites views.

Thank you OP for the pics, they are interesting. The Drugs reference is co-incidental i think, however the 9/11 reference is something I have read before.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Considering that The Matrix has become a huge symbol of the fight AGAINST the New World Order and of people waking up and seeing "the true reality", i find this line of thinking pretty problematic.

If the movie is indeed NWO propaganda then it has either backfired dramatically OR the NWO conspiracy IS the conspiracy & is a smokescreen for somethings else. The latter obviously leads into a messy tangle of reverse, reverse, reverse psychology.

the passport thing IS pretty wild, but I consider it to be a synchronicity.
The film is about waking up & seeing the true enemy & 9/11 has been an eye opening event unlike anything else.
Maybe that's what the makers of the film were subconsciously tapping into.
I find it pretty unlikely that the Wachowsky brothers were "in on" 9/11 & decided to include it in their film for nefarious purposes.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I like that film a lot! I'm not "debunking" it, I'm just offering different points of view, which are not necessarily the truth.

And I just find curious and interesting the symbolism.

Like when Trinity brings Neo to Morpheus to take the red pill.

And the serpent said to the woman, "You are not going to die, but God knows that as soon as you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you will be like divine beings who know good and bad."

When the woman saw that the tree was good for eating and a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable as a source of wisdom, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband, and he ate.

Then the eyes of both of them were opened and they perceived that they were naked; and they sewed together fig leaves and made themselves loincloths.

Genesis 3.4 - 3.7

Is the red pill analogue with the fruit (red apple)?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Stop this at the 3:34 mark.

Also it is QUITE interesting that Neo's Father name is John which has a GEMATRIA of 137.

Does anyone know if it is true that Agent Smiths first name was Elrond?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Neo, the ONE, the first man? Adam?

Different dystopias:

God - Adam and Eve

Big Brother - Winston and Julia

Archtect ( or the Machines) - Neo and Trinity

As archetypes of control and resistence respectivaly?

Archetypes are, according to Swiss psychologist Carl Jung, innate universal psychic dispositions that form the substrate from which the basic themes of human life emerge. Being universal and innate, their influence can be detected in the form of myths, symbols, rituals and instincts of human beings. Archetypes are components of the collective unconscious and serve to organize, direct and inform human thought and behaviour.

According to Jung, archetypes heavily influence the human life cycle, propelling a neurologically hard-wired sequence which he called the stages of life. Each stage is mediated through a new set of archetypal imperatives which seek fulfillment in action. These may include being parented, initiation, courtship, marriage and preparation for death.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Lucifer rebeled against God and Morpheus rebeled against the Matrix?

And I really have a theory that the "devil" tarot card has something to do with it... as human beings with chains and the devil behind APPEARING TO OFFER help.

Could someone clarify my post?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
When you stop the video at the 3:34 mark look at the TV's in the background. It shows Bush Sr. to the left of the white door and George W. Bush Jr. to the right of the white door. Make it full scene so it is easier to see. The matrix was resleased in 99 and bush was Prez in 01.

www.youtube.com...

There are also pics of other people at the same time that take up quantitites of the tv's like the Bushs at the same time but i can't make them out.
Help?

Earlier in the video I saw the whole scene pop out with Hitler.I'll try to find the marking point for that one.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by a703o]

[edit on 23-1-2009 by a703o]

new topics

top topics

join