It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change has come to WhiteHouse.gov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Change has come to WhiteHouse.gov

www.whitehouse.gov

One significant addition to WhiteHouse.gov reflects a campaign promise from the President: we will publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days, and allow the public to review and comment before the President signs it.

We'd also like to hear from you -- what sort of things would you find valuable from WhiteHouse.gov? If you have an idea, use this form to let us know. Like the transition website and the campaign's before that, this online community will continue to...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well it could be that favorable opinions are easily obtained from the Attorney General and White House Council, but I must say I am liking what I am hearing here, as gullible as I may be. But your words of caution do not go unheeded, loam.

'we will publish all non-emergency legislation to the website for five days, and allow the public to review and comment before the President signs it."

Well on the surface, this sounds good, but frankly I'd be more comfortable with at least two weeks. How can the public be expected to make up their minds on extremely complicated legislation in 5 days?

I mean yes, that's better than no days. I will not argue THAT point.

But in general, reading that front page does provide just the slightest sliver of hope that at least these people are listening.

The question is, for what? Will making comments on this legislation start a whole new database of who said what logged with IP's and all? If he is NWO as some people claim, is this just another ploy to entrap the sheeple?

I am honestly a bit baffled at these first day orders. But most definitely with cautious optimism.

www.whitehouse.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Thu Jan 22nd 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Personally I'm not worried about being tracked. I didn't give anything but my name and email. Sure they could find me but I'm also sure they have lots of other emails to go through to pay anymore attention to mine other than reading it, maybe tally the point it was trying to make and go on.

I do like the idea, but I'm curious as to how it will actually turn out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I just wonder if those who respond are even really listened to. Or is this all a facade to make everyone think their voice/opinion matters. Do the comments go into a deep black hole never to be looked at, or is Obama getting print outs of all comments and actually taking the time to read and ponder all comments. Something tells me - not. How would he have that kind of time?

Transparency? Again, a facade IMO. They will be only as transparent as they want to be....and I doubt they will be 100% transparent.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Transparency? Again, a facade IMO. They will be only as transparent as they want to be....and I doubt they will be 100% transparent.

I don't think any government could be 100% transparent as there is always national security, black ops, and aliens to contend with.

But hey, it is the first few days. I think we do owe them the benefit of the doubt at first here.

They claim they are going to stop the war in Iraq through phased withdraw, and said those orders would be issued immediately. They plan to keep fighting in Afghanistan though, and maintain a security force in Iraq. That entire website has changed, and there is a ton of new info on it. Was just reading around on it, and I suggest some people check it out.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I once worked for a company that had me set up a complaints/suggestions email address for the corporate website. Once a week I was instructed to clean it out. It was like a company joke.

It pissed me off and I made every attempt to get someone to be put on the job of reviewing the submissions. Sadly this is a common practice to make you think they care. I'm not saying this is the case here but anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
I once worked for a company that had me set up a complaints/suggestions email address for the corporate website. Once a week I was instructed to clean it out. It was like a company joke.

It pissed me off and I made every attempt to get someone to be put on the job of reviewing the submissions. Sadly this is a common practice to make you think they care. I'm not saying this is the case here but anything is possible.

I hear you. And it very well may be the case. However, if users start actually getting feedback to their comments that isn't prepackaged form letter type responses, well maybe we actually have a government in place now that cares. Hey, I can always dream, can't I?

top topics

join