It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Should Worry About the Bush Family Tentacles Undermining His Plans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Obama Should Worry About the Bush Family Tentacles Undermining His Plans

www.alternet.org

Like most people, I took the failings of George W. Bush at face value: an inattentive, poorly prepared man full of hubris, who committed colossal blunders as a result. Then I spent five years researching my new book, Family of Secrets and came to see that the origins go much deeper. This backstory is getting almost no attention in the talking-heads debate over the Bush legacy. Yet it will continue to play, affecting our country and our lives, long after Bush leaves office.

A more profound explanation for the rise of George W. Bush came as I studied the concerted effort to convince the public that he was independent of, and often in disagreement with, his father. The reason for this, it turned out, was that exactly the opposite was true. W. may have been bumptious where his father was discreet, but in fact the son hewed closely to a playbook that guided his father and even his grandfather.

Over much of the last century, the Bushes have been serving the aims of a very narrow segment from within America's wealthiest interests and families -- typically through involvement in the most anti-New Deal investment banking circles, in the creation of a civilian intelligence service after World War II, and in some of that service's most secretive and still-unacknowledged operations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
A fascinating and damning piece concerning the Bush family, their cohorts and their rise to and use/abuse of power.

This article details the workings of the Bush family, and how they have used power to undermine Presidents who have not gone along with the script they wanted them to.

It shows the clandestine links between various people and organisations and how they will literally stop at nothing to achieve their goals of sustaining their earnings, power and prestige.

I remember thinking some time ago how it was a little odd that Bush sr was the only ex-president to use his entitlement to see the daily intel briefings given to the sitting president, and also thinking that he was guiding his son - this article seems to confrim that.

It portrays the Bush family as part of a shadowy power group that sits behind the "throne" of office directing policy and affairs to their own benefit.

Previous Presidents have tried to institute change and been brought down - will Obama suffer the same fate?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Strange how no "lone nuts" have tried to assassinate these men, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

From the article:

As part of his travels, Bush senior even appeared in Dallas on the morning of the Kennedy assassination, although he would famously claim that he could not recall where he was at that historic moment. After leaving the city, he called the FBI with a false tip about a possible assassin, pointedly emphasizing that he was calling from outside Dallas. It is also intriguing to learn that an old friend of Bush's, a White Russian émigré with intelligence connections, shepherded Lee Harvey Oswald upon his return to America in the year preceding the assassination. In any event, when Lyndon Johnson replaced Kennedy, the oilmen and the intelligence-military establishment once again had a friend in the White House.

source

Please guys, read the whole article - there are some very interesting "coincidences" in there.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I can't as I'm at work, but I'm big on the whole conspiracy aspect here. Its obvious that they have orchestrated some heinous events.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Obama IS one of the Bush family tentacles. Bush and Obama are distant cousins (11th cousins) Google it. Only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is common knowledge on ATS, I hope people will spread the word so the world will see the corruption and greed that surrounds the Bush family and other politicians with ties to big corporations.

I had to quote this comment on the article:

While Mr. Baker seems terrified of being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" (as is intended by those who have wielded the term for decades), his book carefully charts some of the conspiracies that the Bush family and their cohorts have engaged in for most of the last century.

What is truly curious is Mr. Baker's reluctance to even look at some of the more obvious, and recent, activities of the Bush family and their assorted cronies and accomplices.

His book completely skips over the attempted assassination of Pres. Reagan, for instance, even though there are clear ties between the Bush family and the Hinckley family and VP Bush was running a Continuity of Government exercise that very day.

He also carefully slides around G.H.W. Bushes involvement in the October counter surprise in 1980, his role with Noriega, and his role in the Iran/contra crimes.

Most significant, however, Mr. Baker doesn't even dare to approach the serious questions about George W. Bushes total failure as commander in chief on 9/11/01, his treasonous role in the ongoing cover-up and the very real possibility that the Bush family was deeply involved in the 9/11 operation itself.

Considering the fate of people like Sen. Wellstone and others, this is understandable, if regrettable. The book is a worthwhile, if not always easy, read; even given its curiously incomplete account of the Bush crime family.

It should be noted that Robert Gates, who Mr. Obama has kept on for the time being, has been closely involved with the "hidden" Bush agenda for decades, and has also committed numerous acts of treason.

The truth shall set us free. Love is the only way forward.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Waldy]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It may very well be common knowledge to some, but to others this will be news.

It's a good thing that this is now in mainstream print, and I suppose the author stopped short out of several kinds of fear - of ridicule, or for his life?

One thing is for sure - Obama needs to keep his guard up.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am not big on politics, mostly find them comfusing and over my head. This was certainly news to me. thanks very much for posting it!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Maybe people should take some time to find out all they can about a persons background before electing ANYONE into Any Type of Gov't. office.

They should Never let someone else get the info for them.Nor should ever allow MEDIA info to be taken as fact without investegating that fact. Especially if it involves the future,health,safety,security and happiness of your families, friends and neighbors.Maybe even the planet.

People gotta get right and PAY ATTENTION.
It is the reason they can not Pay Their Debts now.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

A fascinating and damning piece concerning the Bush family, their cohorts and their rise to and use/abuse of power.
reply to post by budski

Please use a credible information source. This appears to be tabloid.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Please stick to the topic at hand.

Don't like the source?
Don't post in the thread - simple really.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Jim Marrs book - Rule by Secrecy - has some very good info on Bush41 and the attempted assassination of Reagan. You'd find it interesting Budski.

As far as Obama having to worry about the Bushes ...I doubt it. I know some think Jeb will run in 2012 but he has already said that he won't. And considering what state Bush43 is in (I wonder about his mental health), I don't think that he will be into anyones business anytime soon.

I think the Bush star has traveled it's course and has set.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I had read this too, and have been concerned about President Obama.

I feel the Bush family will do whatever they can to make sure President Obama fails.

The Bush family is very evil and I think they have things set up already that they don't want messed with.

Our President will have to be careful and walk softly in some respects, but still undermine what the true evil people (Bush) have done and are still trying to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think this is just more propaganda to make people believe Republicans and Democrats oppose each other.

He wouldn't have become President without Magog's approval.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

He wouldn't have become President without Magog's approval.

I wonder about that too. I am impressed by a lot of what Obama has done and said, and by his first actions in office. He has had to tread a very fine line to get into the presidency. He has had to play a lot of games and placate a lot of powerful people along the way. But how much is just strategy, and what his "real" objectives are remain to be seen. I guess time will tell. For now, I am willing to believe that he has a plan, maybe even a devious plan, to overcome the PTB by being better at the game than they are.
I sure hope so anyway.
As I said, time will tell soon enough. Once his real objectives become clear, he will indeed be in a dangerous position, if he is in fact on "our" side.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Am I actually reading that if Obama fails...it will be Bush's fault that he fails? Wow, and I thought Bush would stop being blamed for everything once he left office.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Yes why worry the same people who control things will still be there to control things,Bush has run his course now let's see what this new guy does,pretty much the same I believe

top topics

join