It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaking device may make cell phone static vanish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Cloaking device may make cell phone static vanish

tech.yahoo.com

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A new light-bending material has brought scientists one step closer to creating a cloaking device that could hide objects from sight.

Beyond possible military applications, it also might have a very practical use by making mobile communications clearer, they said on Thursday.

"Cloaking technology could be used to make obstacles that impede communications signals 'disappear,'" said David Smith of Duke University in North Carolina, who worked on the study published in the journal Science
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here's a cool one for the masses to digest! I hope this becomes a reality soon, as we all know cloaking tech does exsist and may I also add could this tech be of extraterestrial origon and be simply in the process of being filtered through the loops in order to conceal where it came from? your guess is as good as mine, but in the mean time we get to see cool stuff like this go puplic! I like how they are careful to add that "the technology to make objects invisible to the human eye is a wasy off" good way of throwing off the questioners
I believe this is part of the slow leak a trickle if you will, and if nothing else it sure does prompt the imagination
Hope you all enjoy!

tech.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ok, I want a patent on body paint for that stuff!

Wonder if it's 'new' or some black op released this.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mortje

My guess is the black op slowly releasing tech into the civilian sector to comercialize and profit from it.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
which military contractor should i invest in??

:/

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileInRays

Which ever one most suits you future financial needs of course, but I don't work on wall st. so I wouldn't know, the above is simply my opinion.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is a stupid, stupid idea. The last thing we need is something which makes wireless signals travel unimpeded.

What we need is a concerted effort to reducethe amount of radio frequency radiation (microwave radiation) from cellular telephones, WiFi, etc. It is foolish that we have allowed it to reach the levels it is at now, and beyond foolish to encourage it to become even more prolific.

You think I'm talking out of my butt about why this stuff isn't a good thing to have around us all the time?

Huh.

mastsanity.org...
www.powerwatch.org.uk...
electromagnetichealth.org...

Start with these.

Oh, boo hoo, I can't get cellphone reception. La di-diddly-da. We lived without them for a long time. People who say "I can't live without my mobile phone!" need to remove the "out" from "with".

Peace

top topics

join