It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child drug addiction.Is it the parents fault?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I think fault and blame are two different things. Is it the parents fault, probably, are they to blame, maybe. My father is an alcoholic, his father was an alcoholic. He didn't learn how to parent, how to convey feeling and so on. I am an alcoholic, is it my fathers fault because his father didn't teach him what he needed to know? Addiction follows rules that the child growing up learns to live with. The odds of a person growing up in a family with addiction and becoming one are 60/40 against. I glad that we live in a time of information that maybe I can break this cycle for my kids.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
intrepid

I 'm not to sure i agree with you, I seem to be in the same situation (father,grandfather) howerer i try to give what my father didn't give to me ( baseball, softball, one on one time , etc.) these were the things that i wanted and didn't get. so i did learn how to be a father from a father that didn't play an active roll.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
W, that's exactly what I mean. We live in an age of information that allows a person to step outside of what a person learns.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
W, that's exactly what I mean. We live in an age of information that allows a person to step outside of what a person learns.

is that really stepping outside or just learning from experiance?

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, if we learned from experience then we would just be continueing the cycle.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
experience is both failures and non failures we just hope were smart and lucky enouch not to fail

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately few people learn in this manner or there wouldn't be a multitude of books out there on this.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
but still half of those book are still written for idoits by idoits

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
OK Wget, I'll bite, what exactly is your point? I've shown you mine.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
THis all got started with a 16 year old girl drugged out of her mind with a 1 year old child tried to raise a child and a drug habit at the same time. we have all had the same chances that she has had and she still wants to keep the baby and the drugs. I think we are agreeing on the same things just in different ways.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
just think children shouldn't raise children

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have 2 girl coming up to that age, I couldn't agree more.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i have a little girl that is 7 sometime i'm scared to death
i know how i was as a boy thinking about locking her up in the basement until she is 39

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
i know how i was as a boy thinking about locking her up in the basement until she is 39.

39? I was thinking until after I'm dead, or Alzhiemers, whichever comes first.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
hell i got one you got two good luck

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join