It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child drug addiction.Is it the parents fault?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Children are by nature curious creatures. As a child a lot of have experimented or tried illegal drugs in the past especially in college when we are encouraged individual growth. Did that make us bad kid messing up or just good kids being curious? That was yesterday and this is today, a different world. Now with things like CRACK or ICE these are the instant addiction drugs. One try and your addicted for life it�s tough to think that a 16 year old baby (yes baby) is going to have the monkey on their back for the rest of their life.

This is not their family�s fault!

Whose fault is it?

How can we stop this?

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by wget]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I am currently in college and have had my fair share of experimentations. And I never became addicted to anything I did. I think a lot differently about things especially after my experimentation with hallucinogens. The only person you can blame drug use on is the drug users themselves. Nobody forces people to do drugs, especially when they are illegal to begin with.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Freedom Fighter

What about ICE ever tried this?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm guessing by ICE you mean meth amphetamines. No because it does not sound appealing. Crack is for low class citizens. Besides Hallucinogens the hardest drug I ever did was Coke, sure it was a great feeling, but after coming down from the high I felt kind of empty. It takes a responsible person to be a drug user.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
freedom

your not the type of person i'm CROWING about.
to smart to try the so called LOW CLASS drugs
it is the low class drugs that i'm talking about not pot or light drugs.

PLease don't take this as an attack. I'm not the one who judges just currious as to the thoughts on the subject.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
How to fix the problem. Legalize all drugs. Let the drugs weed out the stupid people

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
legalise it and tax it then there would be a black market and we got the same problem

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
If it was taxed, I think it would still be cheaper than what you pay for it now. It would be safer because it would probably be regulated by the FDA. And it would have warnings on it and how to use the drug. Education of drugs is what is important. And if the war on drugs was ended we could use all that money for something else and the amount of money taxing drugs can accumulate could be very helpful to social programs, such as social security. Legalize drugs

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I some what agree , however how can you regulate what is made in a bath tub. and this is what i'm talking about

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
now partial legalization

10-4

pot yes

heroin no

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Companies will probably created. They will create labs to create the drugs. Looks how they make medicinal marijuana. It's not done by some dirty homeless guy on the street. '___' is a perfect example you basically have to make it in a lab with a chemical suit. If the acid gets on your skin you will trip, thats how strong the drug is before it is diluted.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
but then there are the so called low class drugs.

what about them?

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They would prolly be created in labs. Could possibly be made by companies such as Pfizer. I am not sure about heroin, I know it is an opiate that can be snorted or injected into the veins. I am not down with injecting drugs into my body. I have never done it and will never do it.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Now don't get me wrong I'm not one of those anti-drug
people
what you do in your OWN home is your OWN business as long as it doesn't HURT me!

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If I may? Just a couple things I think need saying...

First, what exactly are 'Low Class Drugs' in your opinion, and why? What system of classification are you using to place drugs into 'Low/Med/High etc.' type classes?

How to fix the problem. Legalize all drugs. Let the drugs weed out the stupid people

That won't work.
1) Stupid people weed themselves out with or without drugs. If anything, giving stupid people access to drugs only raises the odds on them hurting someone else who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2) Thinking that only stupid people use drugs is just plain crazy and ignorant.

3) Why would a user O.D. just because it's legal? Most would simply become Lifelong Functional Drug Users and that's it. Just like all the Functioning Alcoholics and Perscription Drug Users that do the exact same thing.

legalise it and tax it then there would be a black market and we got the same problem

Maybe, but not likely. Even if there continued to be a black market, it would be extremely small. A black market of any kind is created because there is a Demand for something but No Available Supply. Once there is a Supply made available to the public, who's gonna bother trying to sell it on the Black Market? There would be no profit in it because most likely the Supply would satisfy the Demand and Access would be easy for everyone who wanted the product. The quallity would also be equal, and businesses could produce it and deliver it cheaper than smuggling it in and so on. Think about it like cigs. How many small timers could compete with Big Tobbacco? None. If anything, the Black Market Crime would eventually become Corperate Crimes and that kind of thing.

pot yes
heroin no

I doubt it would matter much. People who don't do heroin don't do it cause they don't want it, not cause it's not available. Some people huff paint or sniff glue or any number of crazy things that other people don't do and it has nothing to do with the availability.

As far as drugs and their effect, and legal status

Illegal............Legal
Pot (THC) = Marinol
Meth (Speed) = Ephedrine, Caffine
Crack/Coke = Not sure on that one right off hand) Coke is actually still used legally sometimes.
Heroin = Vicadin, Norco, Morphine

So in a sense you might say that Drugs are Legal, and even Perscribed to almost everyone on the planet. The difference is that the money goes to a different set of criminals who are overcharging you.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just would like to add Mojom, ephedrine is going to be illegal nationwide 2 days from now...so if you use it, hurry up and order.

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Just would like to add Mojom, ephedrine is going to be illegal nationwide 2 days from now...so if you use it, hurry up and order.

[Edited on 11-4-2004 by Shoktek]

Ephedra is going to be illegal.

Ephedrine will still be around, just with a different name and with their price tag on it.
(Pseudo-Ephedrine actually I guess. Basically they are making the 'Natural Root Form' illegal, and only allowing Their Version from now on!! Sound familiar??)

Ephedrine is the active ingredient in many diet pills and supplements. Many use the name "thermo", "lean" or "fat burner." Brand names include, Metabolife, MeTrim, Herbalife, Adiphen, Thermalean, Lipodrene, Zymax, Genicil, Patent Lean, Thermoslim, Ultra Lipo Lean, Trim Life, Hydroxy Cut, Xenadrine, Herbal Phen-Fen, Shapefast, Thermoburn, Thyro-slim, Trim Spa, Natural Trim, Thermo-Lift and many others.

Ephedrine Hydrochloride, also called Ma Huang, Ephedra, epitonin, sida cordifolia, and/or Chinese ephedra, is found in numerous diet supplements.

Pseudo-ephedrine hydrocloride is used as over the counter nasal decongestant medicine, in such products as Suphedrine, NyQuil, et al.

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What types of products are subject to the rule?

The rule applies to all dietary supplements that contain a source of ephedrine alkaloids, such as ephedra, Ma huang, Sida cordifolia and pinellia.

Pseudoephedrine is not really practical for fat burning...most new diet supplements will use synephrine, and various fruit extracts...

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
only drug i think they should legaliz is weed

posted on Apr, 11 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If its a young kid, it's the parents fault for letting the kid get in contact with the drug. Some kids get it from home and some parents don't talk about it. Some kids know the consequences, they just want to experiment. Some times it's not the parents fault.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join