It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
Well it is nice to see loyaty to our President, I just hope those of you that can see the good that Bush did, or stood for, will also be enlightened enough to give Obama the same respect and opportunity to win you over.
...If you are not willing...than your words are no more than partisan bloviating.

Wow, the word respect? Just the way Bush was respected from day one. The left was after Bush's head long before he won in 2001, Gore was their guy and they NEVER gave Bush a chance.

I also think it's funny that most of the critizism comes from from the left, the same left that runs Congress, the same left that actually had a lower approval rating...lower than Bush's approval rating, how is that possible?

If you hate Bush, it only makes since that you hate the Democratic-lead Congress even more.

Then again, the last word does not go through the President, or Congress. Just look at Obama's first strike on Pakistan...not much has changed...

What Bush started will continue under Obama, just a different colored front man.

Edit: Spelling, spelling, spelling

[edit on 26-1-2009 by glenwilly]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher1960
Not only that, he was a visionary who imagined that man and fishes could coexist peacefully while putting food on our family. He understood the problems of small businesses, having once been one.

and also his numerology is number 6 meaning he is a coward family guy never apolgizing and showing finger;europe thinks he is a goof - president substitude made in china

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Pros

* Recognized North Korea and Iran for what it really is.

* Recognized terrorist Extremists for what they really are.

* Gave Iraqis their country back.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

Hi...
These explain all...
Now tell me:
a)North Korea and Iran what really are...you say.. really? Have you been there? Do you know what they REALLY are? Are they evil? At least I can speak for Iran, no they are not. They have one of the most beautiful girls in the world. Check youtube

b) Tell me more what terrorist mean. Dont look at dictionary. Tell me your own words.
c) Gave Iraqis their country back...

Do you think you have right to do this?

I hate such colonialist, orientalist posts like yours. But I still will be happy if you give some answers

[edit on 27-1-2009 by deccal]

[edit on 27-1-2009 by deccal]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have to ask. Does anyone actually feel safer from Bush's Presidency?

His illegal wiretapping program... his expansion of the NSA and the federal beaurocracy of the homeland security department when all he needed to do was make some small adjustments to put our country in wartime mode. Rather, he gave the military unlimited power-- and used it not to fight against the war on terror, but to go to Iraq when we should have gone to Afghanistan.

It took about 4 years for Bush to recognize Global Warming... and then people in his administration denied global warming's existence to allow factory workers to pollute more. Bush also made some midnight laws that would allow for pharmacies to not hand you OCDs that you need... or would allow for a doctor to not give you an abortion if you needed one.

Bush was a horrible President. By saying that you are proud to call Bush President but not proud to call Obama President, as, someone else said, is a partisan statement.

History will not vindicate Bush.

Oh wait, history will vindicate Bush-- just like history vindicated Hitler.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

[edit on 28-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

You have raised a very valid question . I am not surprised that you haven't got a reply from the few supporters of Bush former policy's that are left . There is one thing that I feel that I need to point out . It is possible to be proud of aspects of a leaders decision making or rather time in office . For example I am proud that former Prime Minster Helen Clark kept New Zealand out of the invasion of Iraq . I wouldn't say that I am proud of Helen Clark because I am less then happy with the health system having more bureaucrats then doctors and nurses and the outlawing of smacking .

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I agree that Bush held to his convictions, he did what he felt was best, he tried his best, he made some mistakes but I don't blame him too much, his weaknesses were obvious, he wasn't a very great speaker, he didn't get the best advice from his cabinet, I think we can look to Obama and hope for the same things in his term excepting the mistakes, maybe he can avoid them more easily thanks to Bush.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Does anyone actually feel safer from Bush's Presidency?

Yes I do

His illegal wiretapping program.

Do you mean the one supported by the FSA and upheld in court challenges?

beaurocracy of the homeland security department

Do you mean the bureaucracy?

Rather, he gave the military unlimited power

By He do you mean the unanimous vote by the House and Senate in support of President Bush's actions?

but to go to Iraq when we should have gone to Afghanistan.

uhhhhhh
We did.

It took about 4 years for Bush to recognize Global Warming

Do you mean the Myth of Global Warming?

allow for pharmacies to not hand you OCDs that you need... or would allow for a doctor to not give you an abortion if you needed one.

What????
Sources please as to what you are talking about.

By saying that you are proud to call Bush President but not proud to call Obama President, as, someone else said, is a partisan statement.

I like Killian's Red Beer and do NOT like Miller. Is it wrong to state that?

just like history vindicated Hitler

When did that happen?
Sources please.

Semper

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Does anyone actually feel safer from Bush's Presidency?

Yes I do

I don't.

His illegal wiretapping program.

Do you mean the one supported by the FSA and upheld in court challenges?
That's only for foreign intelligence (calls coming from people outside the uSA. Bush isn't supposed to spy on American citizens. Also, the book The Shadow Factory exposes how the NSA makes contracts with foreign business partners. I think you have a right to privacy. You should be worried. Journalists have been wiretapped, anti war protestors and people who protested the death penalty have been tapped, and, if I were you, I would worry if you were an activist about getting your phone line and your communications trapped/intercepted.

beaurocracy of the homeland security department

Do you mean the bureaucracy?
Yes.

Rather, he gave the military unlimited power

By He do you mean the unanimous vote by the House and Senate in support of President Bush's actions?
That was when Republicans were in control of the Senate.

but to go to Iraq when we should have gone to Afghanistan.

uhhhhhh
We did.
He put Afghanistan on the backburner. Then, he went to fight an unjust war. His real goal was to go into Iraq to find a WMD. When he didn't he said the war was to spread Democracy to the ME.

It took about 4 years for Bush to recognize Global Warming

Do you mean the Myth of Global Warming?
www.worldviewofglobalwarming.org...

allow for pharmacies to not hand you OCDs that you need... or would allow for a doctor to not give you an abortion if you needed one.

What????
Sources please as to what you are talking about.

On Thursday, December 18, president Bush signed into legislation a group of measures, known collectively as the conscience rule, that specifically addresses such discrimination within the healthcare industry. As a liberal, Barack Obama has said he wil undo many Bush Administration regulations once he takes office and this particular group of regulations is expected to be a part of his government reform measures.
The Bush Administration is said to be involved in approving a flurry of regulations, signed at the last minute, so they become effective just one day before the Obama Administration is sworn in. All new acts take effect 30 days after they are published in the Federal Register. The Bush conscience rule, approved on December 18 and published in the December 19 issue of the register, is one of many new regulations facing the new administration. Even with the in-coming administration’s vows to undo them, their undoing will be time consuming.
Under the conscience rule, as under the 1964 civil rights act, anyone who suffers job discrimination for refusing to do work they find religiously or morally objectionable can do so without jeopardizing their employment status. If such discrimination is proven, the employer faces the loss or return of federal funding.

medheadlines.com...

By saying that you are proud to call Bush President but not proud to call Obama President, as, someone else said, is a partisan statement.

I like Killian's Red Beer and do NOT like Miller. Is it wrong to state that?
I happen to like both. I think Bush did the best he could with the circumstances he had. But, I dislike his foreign policy. But just because I like Obama doesn't mean I didn't support Bush at one time. I assumed that you were intentionally trying to imply that you support Bush more than Obama, although, he is President now.

just like history vindicated Hitler

When did that happen?
Sources please.

I was being sarcastic.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don't.

You asked if anyone did.

That's only for foreign intelligence

Apparently the courts disagree with you on what transpired. I will go with the courts.

See the word Unanimous above. Democrats all voted in favor as well.

Then, he went to fight an unjust war

Was it unjust to free an oppressed people?
Was it unjust to remove a dictator that was actively committing genocide; killing hundreds of thousands of Kurds using poison gas?
I supported the war, and I support staying there now at the request of the Democratically Elected Government of Iraq.

medheadlines.com...

I am opposed to Abortion on Demand.
And the misuse of Pharmaceuticals.

I think Bush did the best he could with the circumstances he had.

And yet your comments would indicate otherwise.

Semper

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I don't.

You asked if anyone did.

True enough.

That's only for foreign intelligence

Apparently the courts disagree with you on what transpired. I will go with the courts.
It seems like you've landed on some misinformation.

WASHINGTON — In a rare public ruling, a secret federal appeals court has said telecommunications companies must cooperate with the government to intercept international phone calls and e-mail of American citizens suspected of being spies or terrorists.
The ruling came in a case involving an unidentified company’s challenge to 2007 legislation that expanded the president’s legal power to conduct wiretapping without warrants for intelligence purposes.

But the ruling, handed down in August 2008 by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review and made public Thursday, did not directly address whether President Bush was within his constitutional powers in ordering domestic wiretapping without warrants, without first getting Congressional approval, after the terrorist attacks of 2001.

www.nytimes.com...

See the word Unanimous above. Democrats all voted in favor as well.

Right, but that doesn't excuse the President from the problem. I've seen Republicans like you act like since Congress okay'd it then it's okay and the President has no blame. Well, the President is responsible for his own actions, and, he is the leader of Congress. No one at the time questioned the Iraq war or questioned that there was false intelligence at the start of the war. I think you're being ignorant of the facts Semper. That's unlike you.

Then, he went to fight an unjust war

Was it unjust to free an oppressed people?
Was it unjust to remove a dictator that was actively committing genocide; killing hundreds of thousands of Kurds using poison gas?
I supported the war, and I support staying there now at the request of the Democratically Elected Government of Iraq.
His original purpose for going into Iraq was for (1)regime change, or (2)finding their WMDs. Anything else he said was just rhetoric to get public support for the war.

medheadlines.com...

I am opposed to Abortion on Demand.
And the misuse of Pharmaceuticals.
You can't regulate the medical industry with morals. Science and religion don't mix. People need pharmaceutical drugs. It's not your right to judge whether some patient needs a drug or not. There are also several cases when people need abortion. I think you simply oppose those two things because of your ideology or on moral grounds. People need help and if a doctor at a CVS pharmacy won't give them a drug and they die and you're okay with that... why do you feel like it's okay to not give people adequate medical care?

I think Bush did the best he could with the circumstances he had.

And yet your comments would indicate otherwise.

Semper
I think he did the best he could with all of the neoconservatives surrounding him in office.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join