It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

It is nice to hear from someone close enough to know.

After 9/11, Bush said he would go after and weed out terrorist, people were with him, for the most part,

Then what happened?

I do believe in my heart of hearts Bush strove to keep us safe at all cost.

I feel much less safe today.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Thanks Semper,

First Your welcome

Second, your post is even more disheartening. While I expect this from the general populace and even some members, the fact that you are blaming all that on President Bush, when the blame for all that you mentioned is equally or greater the responsibility of the House and Senate, shows how far the mythos of "politically Correct Bush Bashing" has gone.

That's the problem isn't it?

It is always easier to "go with the flow" and jump on whatever is the current popular "hate" of the day. It is much more difficult and I must say, character building to behave like President bush, and stand for your convictions and ignore the "Mob" so to speak.

I have never chosen the "easy" road in my life either and while I would never equate myself equal to this great man, I have used his moral fortitude as an example in my life and shall continue to do so. What I do for a living is not exactly popular either, but it is necessary. I can emphasis with President Bush standing against people that believe exactly as you have posted without ever fully understanding the system of government and the separation of powers that make those allegation unsubstantiated and without merit.

The number of times I have had contact with a victim of violence that wanted to know "Why I let them off without jail time" and having to explain that it is, again, a separation of powers, is for all practical purposes, uncountable. Yet, as with your post, they say it and will continue to do so, for to stand against such politically correct behavior, is by far the more difficult road.

I shall continue to choose the more difficult road.

"The Hunters path is always the longest and the hardest; but it ends in the stars"
Ancient Native American Epic

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I respect Bush because I feel he did his best and seldom caved in to any opinion polls. There were many things I have disagreed with him on, but for the most part, he did a great job. Presidents really don't have that much power but by the way people bash on him, one would think that he did. Great job Mr. President. I will see you around in Texas.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah Bush's real great, he brought us global warming, a financial crisis, 3 or so wars, spying on Americans, torturing people in gitmo, and using executive order in secret..

Sorry semper
, when I saw this thread.. I thought that the reference would be to Obama...anyhow the U.S now has one of the most promising presidents in it's history, congratulations America.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by jdposey

It is nice to hear from someone close enough to know.

After 9/11, Bush said he would go after and weed out terrorist, people were with him, for the most part,

Then what happened?

I do believe in my heart of hearts Bush strove to keep us safe at all cost.

I feel much less safe today.

Im not so sure about bush wanting to keep us safe. If I was in his place I would have pushed the mexican border hard and got a wall up. The mexican border is like a open wound, anyone or anything can get in it. That was one of the biggest thing I hated about bush. But then again maybe it wasnt his fault but I think he should have done more. If the democrats were shooting down his ideas about the border he should have let america know. IMO I think bush liked the illegal immagrants, thats where we would have disagreed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Michaeljp86

I think he liked them too, I can't argue with that.

I just hope that this topic can look for the good and there was good, to often we focus on what one does wrong,

Once I did a lot of research on the positive things Bush did while in office, I was surprised, they are never mentioned, we should do that.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
History will vindicate Bush. He was a great president. Regardless if Obama Mania can't get their heads outta their butts.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Bout the only thing that really truly can be said positively about George W. Bush is that people that work for him think he is a nice guy. (it's actually true, apparently George W. is a good guy to work for.)

I think so, too. For the most part, I have the opinion that he is a pretty nice and even sensitive guy and I truly felt for him when he was booed at Obama's inauguration, because I could see that it shocked him a little.

I just think he was so eager to please his father and "the machine", that he let himself get caught up into all sorts of things that, by himself, he wouldn't have ever considered. I really believe that Bush thought he was doing the right thing. I do wish he had been a bit more introspective and examined the ethics of some of his decisions more thoroughly.

And I'm not sure I understand how people who claim to be conservative politically can rave about him so, as VERY LITTLE of what he did as president could be considered conservative.

Having said that, it's interesting that regardless of all the mistakes Bush made, he is praised and lauded by his supporters, but not once have his detractors said anything about Bush being their Messiah...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
Yeah Bush's real great, he brought us global warming

Wait....

So now Bush is personally responsible for "global warming" too??

What is wrong with you people!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'll be proud when he and Tricky Big-Stick Dick are sitting in a jail cell. Of course the jail will have to be... wheel chair accessible...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here is one,

President Bush's Commitment to Environmental Conservation and Stewardship

-- Land and Water Conservation Fund: The LWCF may be the most successful federal-state-local partnership for conservation in American history. The President's FY 03 budget proposal once again fully funds the LWCF (for the second year in a row) at more than $900 million to support a variety of conservation approaches -- including increasing funding to states and local communities to $200 million, a $56 million increase over FY 02 funding, and a $110 million increase over FY 01 funding. Under the prior administration, LWCF funding for states was phased out and the money was reserved exclusively for federal land acquisitions. The President's FY 03 budget proposal recognizes that federal land acquisition is not the only way to conserve land and other natural resources, and allows funds to be used for conservation easements.

-- Protecting our National Parks: The President's FY 03 budget includes the largest National Parks operations budget ever submitted. The President's budget reflects his strong support for the National Parks Legacy Project that he announced last year to eliminate the park maintenance backlog. Approximately 25 percent of the President's record FY 03 $665 million budget request for maintenance backlog will be spent on projects that benefit critical natural resource needs.

The President's FY 03 budget also includes an $18 million increase (to $67.5 million) for the Natural Resource Challenge, a science-based initiative to strengthen natural resource management throughout the National Park system by protecting native species and habitats, improving the health of natural resources within parks, eradicating invasive species, and sharing information about natural resources with the public. Fifty-two parks will have programs to measure park resource health by the end of 2003.

-- Protecting our National Wildlife Refuges: The President's FY 03 budget proposes a record $376 million, up $57 million from FY'02, for our National Wildlife Refuges. The National Wildlife Refuge system is celebrating its centennial year in 2003, and its Centennial Campaign will improve resource conservation, visitor programs, and facilities on wildlife refuges nationwide.

-- Promoting Cooperative Conservation: The President has proposed spending $100 million through the Department of Interior for a new Cooperative Conservation Initiative to protect and conserve the environment through partnerships that will tap Americans' ingenuity, imagination, and innovative spirit. Challenge grants will be awarded competitively to landowners, environmental groups, land-user groups, communities and local and state governments.

-- Landowner Incentive Program and Private Stewardship Grant Programs: President Bush has worked to create new landowner incentive and private stewardship grant programs, which Congress funded at $50 million this year. The President's FY 03 budget includes an additional $10 million -- for a total of $60 million -- for these programs. The President's FY 03 budget includes $50 million in funding for the Landowner Incentive Program, which provides funds to states, tribes, and territories to make cost-sharing grants to landowners who voluntarily participate in the protection of habitat for endangered, threatened or other at-risk species on private or Tribal lands. Another $10 million will go to the Private Stewardship Grant Program, which directly assists individuals or groups involved in the voluntary conservation of wildlife habitat on private lands.

-- A Call for a Strong Conservation Title for the Farm Bill: President Bush believes that America's agriculture policy should encourage the production of goods and services in more efficient, innovative, and environmentally beneficial ways. The President is working to ensure that the Farm Bill will bolster the stewardship of working lands through such programs as the Environmental Quality Incentives Program, the Farmland Protection Program, and a new Grasslands Reserve Program. Expansion of other programs, such as the Conservation Reserve Program, the Wetlands Reserve Program, and the Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program, are also important components of a strong conservation title in the Farm Bill. Greater use of these well-designed, voluntary, incentive-based conservation programs can provide environmental benefits, such as improved water quality, habitat, soil retention, and carbon sequestration.

Other Key Bush Administration Environmental Accomplishments

-- Budget: President Bush's $44.4 billion FY 03 environment and natural resources budget request is the highest ever -- $1.4 billion, or 3 percent, higher than FY 02 enacted. The President's budget proposal provides $4.1 billion, the highest level ever for EPA's operating program, and provides the highest level ever for EPA state program grants, $1.2 billion.

-- Brownfields Cleanup - Bringing New Life to Abandoned Sites in Our Cities and Towns: Fulfilling an important campaign commitment, President Bush signed historic legislation that will result in more cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated industrial sites known as "brownfields" -- improving the environment, protecting public health, creating jobs and revitalizing communities. The President's FY 03 budget proposal provides $200 million -- twice the FY 02 level of funding -- for EPA's brownfields program, $171 million of which is for grants for states and local communities. The President is also working to make permanent the brownfields tax credit.

-- Clear Skies - A Clean Air Act for the 21st Century: President Bush's initiative would dramatically improve air quality by cutting power plants' emissions of three critical pollutants by 70 percent -- more than any other presidential clean air initiative. This historic legislative proposal would bring clean air to American communities faster, more reliably, and more effectively than the current Clean Air Act. And, it would help to reduce acid rain in the Adirondacks.

www.usembassy.it.../file2002_04/alia/A2042205.ht

Hope this is not to much.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

Real nice.

Wasn't Obama supposed to bring us all together and put an end to this "useless partisan bickering"?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I can not have any respect for a President who refers to the Constitution as a "goddamn piece of paper".

To me, that statement said it all.

I only hope Obama works out to be a better President.

...but I'm not holding my breath....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

It is exactly indicative of my post above.

Jumping on the popularity, politically correct band wagon without any cogent thought whatsoever.

Most of the hate presented here is very clear in that aspect.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Very true.

Bush bashing is just as serious a disease as Obama mania is. Neither of them are generally presented with much rational thought.

The level of hate towards a man who did all he could to protect this country is astounding to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

United States President George Bush on Monday called for Congress to double the money going to a programme combating HIV/Aids and malaria in Africa.

Bush proposed a $30-billion programme over five years to combat the pandemics ahead of a planned trip to the continent next month.

Bush first launched his five-year, $15-billion Emergency Plan for Aids Relief in 2003, and said that the programme had so far helped change behaviour and treated 1,4-million people.

"We are working to cut by half the number of malaria-related deaths in 15 African nations," Bush said in his annual State of the Union address. "We can bring healing and hope to many more."

He called on the Congress to support a new food-aid plan that would purchase produce directly from farmers in developing nations. The programme would "build up local agriculture and help break the cycle of famine".

I actually didn't know about this until yesterday.
www.mg.co.za...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I can not have any respect for a President who refers to the Constitution as a "goddamn piece of paper".

I have never seen the video were he said this. Do you have it?

From what I read somebody said he said it. But I reckon that is sufficient for you.

link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I actually didn't know about this until yesterday.

That's because you're not supposed to.

If people knew he was doing good things for this and other countries, they might not be so inclined to hate him.

There's a reason things like that are kept in the dark by the media.

link   
reply to post by nyk537

I really don't care what his party affiliation is. If he's a war criminal, he's a war criminal.

If Obama did the same thing, he would also be a war criminal.

Now something I can't understand is why Henry Kissinger isn't in a jail cell. He is one of the most evil, cold SOBs on the planet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join