It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud To Call Him Mr. President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Although I am aware that I am in the minority here on ATS, I am proud to have called this great man Mr. President.

What greater test of a mans character is there than to stand for what one believes in even when all others are against you? I can only hope and pray that if there is ever a time in my life like that, I will have the moral convictions or President Bush.

Enthusiastic Crowds Welcome Bush Back to Texas

Waco, Texas (AP) - After an enthusiastic welcome from thousands of cheering Texans in two cities, George W. Bush spent his first night out of office at his Crawford ranch.

One little boy waved a sign that read, "President Bush, thank you for keeping me safe" in multicolored lettering. Others read: "Be Bold, Be Bush" and "43 is back."

"It's a special day but it's a sad day," Winn said. "He's done eight years of a job well done. He held our country together with the values we respect. He did the job we asked him to do. He kept our values safe."

"I never took an opinion poll to tell me what to think," Bush said.

CNS News

While I would never expect to agree with everything a sitting President does, I have tremendous admiration and respect for anyone that stands in the face of adversity and holds to their convictions.

Bravo Mr. President, I am proud to have called you that!!!!

Semper Fi

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage

Such a hero! Strong and wise grown up like a real AMERICAN!

I am getting a TAT!

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Not only that, he was a visionary who imagined that man and fishes could coexist peacefully while putting food on our family. He understood the problems of small businesses, having once been one.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by watcher1960

Nice one, Watcher1960! I'm familiar with those quotes but wouldn't have conjured them as quickly as you did.

Bush certainly believed in what he believed in (or probably more precisely what he was told to believe/say he believed). So did any number of fascist dictators...

All I can say with respect to the GWB Adminstitution is that with a Dick, a Bush, AND a Colin in the White House... we were bound to get *snip* (in one orifice or another).

Now, thanks to the "Barack 'em to Sleep America" (i.e Back to Sleep America) campaign, centered on some vague notions of Hope, Change, and Black and White Politics... we just Biden our time for the right domestic Hussein-Osama hybrid to finish the job!

Bush is a terrorist who's been a convenient fall-man puppet for larger more global forces (i.e. HE is not to blame--that's like blaming one's acne instead of one's diet and drug problem). Obama, though I won't criticize his actions until he's proven to be a front-man too, is most likely at the beck and call politically of the same forces.

Choose the right hand or the left hand folks (GOP or Dems)--we're still shaking hands with the Beast...

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Amen.

President Bush is a Good Man, one with Moral Convictions, Dignity, Honor, and Humility. Those who scorn him do so out of Partisan spite for the Most Part, and the rest simply Know not the Amazing way in which he has actually kept America strong, in some truly testing times.

As I heard a Political Expert (Former Congressman as well) state the other day, he has NEVER seen a Sitting President act more gracious and accommodating in Nature towards an Incoming Administration, especially one NOT from the same Political Party. President Bush completely went out of his way to show now President Obama the ropes, even after having received nearly Two Straight Years of lashings from the very same man.

I also find it extremely laughable, and downright Hypocritical, that individuals tout President Obama's University Credentials as signs of how "Smart" he is, yet, at the same time they call President Bush stupid. This is despite the Fact that both of these Presidents are Ivy League Graduates, with President Bush having attended Yale, and then Harvard Business School, while President Obama attended Columbia, and then Harvard Law School.

President Bush even had an SAT Score of 1206 on the Old Scale, which is extremely good. President Obama on the other hand refused to even release his SAT Scores, OR his Columbia Transcript. Amazing, is it not?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I always respected George, he was my president, after all...

However, I happened to disagree with many things he did

How you can form positive opinion (???) about anyone who is capable of saying:

No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God. (this is just one of numerous lapses of his mind).

I guess, according to some here, I just simply missunderestimated him

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
For a moment there, Semper, I thought you'd been caught up in the inauguration fever and were referring to Obama. Your thread title and first paragraph were ambiguous.

While I admire integrity and public service, I disagree with the quote from the article that President Bush "kept our values safe". That's a cop-out: I believe that American Values include the commitment that no one should be appointed or elected with the expectation of "keeping our values safe" - it's an individual responsibility that no citizen can delegate.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Since this thread will again draw extremely polarized sides of "hate Bush!" on the one hand and "Bush is a hero" on the other, here are some Pros and Cons to consider.

Cons:

* Used 9/11 and "the enemies" to justify almost everything he did. Based his presidency on Fear instead of Vision.

* Was played by Daddy Bush and the Elite in a long-term Geo-Strategic Scheme.

* Invaded Iraq under false pretenses.

* Wasted a massive amount of money on pointless war, death and destruction.

* Neglected internal affairs and our economy.

Pros

* Recognized North Korea and Iran for what it really is.

* Recognized terrorist Extremists for what they really are.

* Stayed true to his convictions despite the majority of the world hating him. Did not bend to what would have been "popular".

* Gave Iraqis their country back.

* In the very, very long run, some of his unpopular decisions may be beneficial to the world as a whole.

* Some smart economic long-term moves.

So while the bad clearly outweighs the good, I agree that its not all bad.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
He may have made up words, invaded a country falsely, neglected the economy, threw caution to the wind etc etc etc

But Bush has helped America in ways that people can't even imagine. The single thing that stands out for me is the US-Indo nuclear deal. Allying yourself with 1/6th of the world market isn't a stupid move.

Even though Nixon is generally hated; at least he opened up China.

I think in the long term the same will be said for Bush viz. India.

Not to mention the lack of another terrorist attack on US soil!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
After 9/11 and the obvious continued threat of attacks on Americans, Bush's cabinet and those working with them made sure that there were not ANY more attacks on American soil. He took it to them. Though I don't think Bush Jr. was a great president, nor do I consider him a conservative, I appreciate that he kept all us Americans safe and I hope that others can learn from his administration; both the good parts and the bad.

Thank you Mr. Bush for your effort. May it not be in vain.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks Semper,

While I personally detested the previous administration. We as Americans can be proud to call Mr. Bush President.

What have we collectively learned from Mr. Bush's Presidency?

We have learned that it's not up to the Government to help the citizenry out in a time of natural disaster.

We have learned that it's ok to torture and abuse POW's as long as you call them illegal combatants.

We have learned that you can start a war for no reason whatsoever, with bad intel and zero exit strategy.

We have learned that it's ok to discontinue to search for the worlds #1 terrorist because your just not that interested in finding him. And it's ok to use the memory of nearly 3000 US citizens deaths time and time again to promote your own agenda.

We have also learned that if you put a gun to congress's head you can rob the treasury and give billions of dollars to your buddies in financial industry with no accountability, no oversight, and against your own parties ideals.

We have learned a lot from the presidency of George W Bush. We have got to be proud to call him Mr. President. He has shown a side of American politics rarely seen in world governments.

Bout the only thing that really truly can be said positively about George W. Bush is that people that work for him think he is a nice guy. (it's actually true, apparently George W. is a good guy to work for.)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemicalbrother

Their is way too much truth in what you posted, if only other could see that as well, kudos to you!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hitler and Mussolini also believed what they were doing was right...

Certainly some individuals disagree with their ways

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
[edit on 22-1-2009 by tide88]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Well, being that I am from his home town and encountered him many times downtown, long before he became a governor or a president, I can, with personal insight, honestly tell you that he is one of the most genuine, nicest men you will ever meet as is Laura Bush.

People will continue to believe as they wish and many have bought into some of the harshest untruths which have ever been spoken against any president. I just hope one day, the truth concerning this man comes out and people will look back and realize just how naive they were to believe the gossip and outright lies they did.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I voted for bush and think he was a good president. Dont get me wrong, he did some things that he should have been beat with a rubber hose for but I think he took a lot of blame that wasnt he fault. I think the war he was blamed for was mostly the democrats wanting everyone to be in touch with their feelings. They held the soldiers off long enough for russia to go in and move ths WMD into caves hid in syria.

This obama guy seems to be off to a good start but I still think he could destroy this country, maybe the world if he doesnt play his cards right. Hes a powerful guy right now, one wrong move could start a chain reaction especialy dealing with crazy countries like iran, syria, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I agree, Semper. It takes some courage to stand up on a site like this that is dominated with liberals and Bush-bashers, and show your support for President Bush.

While I certainly didn't agree with all of his decisions, I still respect him and admire what he did for this country. I think it is true that history will vindicate him. Someday, when we are made aware of the reality of the threat that we faced, and when we see the information that he saw on a daily basis, then we will be grateful for his actions.

I think it's fair to say that on 9/11 all of us thought it was just the beginning. We all accepted the fact that we were going to be attacked again at some point in the near future. But love him or hate him, Bush protected us. He protected this country and helped to accomplish the extraordinary- and that is preventing another attack on US soil. I know for a fact that terrorists have tried to attack this country since 9/11, and all of these attacks were foiled one way or another. While most people wouldn't dare give Bush credit for this, these very same people would be the first ones to blame Bush had we been attacked again.

I proudly voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. To this day I stand by those votes as I am certain that Bush was a better choice than Gore and Kerry. This country would be in much worse shape had either of those men been elected president.

And to all of the morons who bash Bush on here and call him a Nazi, and to all of the idiots who gave him the middle finger as he flew off and booed him and the First Lady at the inauguration ceremony, I say this: grow up! Get some class, would ya? You are the epitome of what is wrong with this country. People have lost all respect for one another and especially for our President.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well it is nice to see loyaty to our President, I just hope those of you that can see the good that Bush did, or stood for, will also be enlightened enough to give Obama the same respect and opportunity to win you over.
...If you are not willing...than your words are no more than partisan bloviating.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I'm curious, other than invoking the name of God here and there, exactly which values did he preserve and promote?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join