It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the effects of what you learn in secret societies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I was wondering if what a friend of mine described is normal or not. He has been involved in a fairly well known society for a while now, and has learned a great deal. But he was describing some of what he experiences now due to what he has learned. He has described tons and tons of out of body experiences. And that when he meditates, many times he experiences what he described as a download of information about people. As he describes it, its like he will suddenly 'know' everything about someone..... what they've been through, whats going on in their life currently, etc. There are other things he has described also.

Anyways, the point of my thread, is I am wondering if this is normal. He seems 100% sane, and even says that he knows how weird it sounds.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I think your question is too generic...

Every secret society is different. I don't think that one could say this is normal for most secret societies, but perhaps for the one he joined, it might be quite normal.

It is hard to discuss a generalized question like this. It needs to be specific.

In my personal experience of secret societies, what your friend has is certainly NOT normal!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Well, does he really know? Perhaps you could convince him to attempt a controlled experiment, that would indicate whether the 'information' he is 'receiving' is actual fact, or merely his imagination.

Often, when people being to think in new ways, and explore new ways of looking at the world and themselves, the mind can go into 'overdrive' and feel like a flood of information is being received. So, in that sense, what he's describing is normal.

Or, you could reference him to tmk81's thread:
Military AI Supercomputer Mind Monitoring: What I have learned

Perhaps a covert supercomputer is messing with his mind. Ask him for more evidence.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
sounds normal; the word to remember is society and how societies differ.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i would have to call him insane untill he proved me wrong somehow. sorry i just dont see anyone downloading peoples information like computer files by sitting indian style and saying hummmmmm

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ya I am not sure. To me it doesn't seem normal but I want to keep an open mind as well. My buddy is a great guy, but not sure how to feel how this info.

He says that he has confirmed this information he gets is real. The few people who he has talked about things with that he has 'downloaded' info on, have confirmed what he said.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Just curious how old your friend is.

I'm guessing under 30, but thats just a guess...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
When you enter a social environment you also enter a "field of energy", containing certain concepts, conversations, topics, thoughts, emotions, memories...

...which rub off on you as you spend some time in that environment.

What your friend is experiencing seems to be an exaggerated form of that.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree with Skyfloating.

Sorry my inital post here was so abrupt. I just woke up and my brain hasn't fully booted up yet. Sorry about that.

The reason I inquire about the age demographic is when I was in my early-mid twenties, I had some similar experiences while I was studying in Seattle myself.

Granted it was nothing as advanced as your friend, Johnny - I couldn't recall details, just a general "aura" and a few other odd phenomena.

Sorry if my age question was too personal....humblest apologies.

[edit on 1/22/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES

Just curious how old your friend is.

I'm guessing under 30, but thats just a guess...

He is 39

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I guess if you take the theory of one, given the possibility that we can break barriers in our own minds, then it would be reasonably possible with enough exploring?

I've personally practiced telepathy for a short time with some unexpected but positive results.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
well, when you're in a society, you're usually working through some sort of program, which would include regular practice of meditation, and whatever they teach. Whenever I pick meditation back up(as I recently have) My awareness skyrockets..wouldn't surprise me if your friends is a little amped up, and picking up stuff he/she normally would not..

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this may be a lil to personal or disallowed but what society are we refering to here. also the best way I know of to test this idea is allow yourself an open mind and join your friend if possible.

new topics

top topics

join