reply posted on 28-1-2009 @ 04:44 AM by SpookyVince
She looks like she is suffering horribly, her mouth is open but it seems paralyzed, her staring eyes were lifeless, nearly transparent. Her body is
partly dead, but also artificially powered by that other worldly machine, Abigail's spirit lives. And somehow, she can still inhabitate her inert
Cindy and Anthony barely stand that horrible vision but at the same time, they're not really frightened. That girl is not like any other living girl,
yet she's not really dead either. That body seems to be the last container that a soul in pain could occupy, and for some obscure reason, someone is
willing to keep it semi alive. The ghost stories, the hauntings that people talk about when referring to this old asylum are not just stories.
Cindy approaches a bit more, she calls Abigail, whispering. Those lifeless eyes blink. Anthony asks if she can move her body, but nothing happens. She
remains completely still, except those haunting eyes that seem to be able to see.
- Cindy, what do you think she wants from us?
- I don't know... You've heard of those ghosts that are trapped in this world, waiting for their proper death? Like a damnation?
- Yes, you think that's what happened to her?
- Hmm, probably, but what is she waiting for?
- Maybe but on who, that is the thing! You think that the guy who kidnapped us is her father?
- Well that picture looks like it, or at least they were related. Cindy, there's another guy too. When they came and took you to the lab, there were
- We must explore this place and find out what's happening.
- I think we'd better get out and find help, yeah! You want to be killed?
- Anthony... who will believe us? Who?
- Yeah, but those guys must be looking for us now...
- Have you seen how big this place is? They won't find us, or they'll think we're gone out now.
It seems that only thing left to do now is go out of this room and look for answers. They make their way to the door, and back to the corridor they
were in. They go towards the window at the end. It is still night.
This corridor end looks more like an open room, it is wide and it could be actually like a waiting room, or even a play place for kids. The window at
the end is on one long side of it. On each side, there are two doors, just like the one behind which Abigail rests. They decide to start with the
first door on their left.
The room they enter is a large rectangle room. It is dimly lit by two windows, just in front of them at the other end of it. There is a large wooden
table in the center, but not a single chair around it, and a few objects are on the table. On their left side, they notice that the wall was once
covered with many frames, now removed. There is also a fire place where some ashes still lie, but there must not have been a fire there for many
years. On the right side wall are a few shelves, all empty, and a glass fronted cabinet. It is a big sturdy piece of furniture and this room must have
once be a fine and comfortable dining room. Just next to it, there is another door. It must lead to the same room as the second door in the
Cindy checks the different objects left on the table. Everything is very dusty. There is an empty cup, an empty ashtray, and a match box. She takes
it, thinking that having some light could be useful in some dark places. There is also a plate and a fork left there, but that hasn't been used
recently. She notices a bit of paper amongst the other things. Something is written on it: C L I and something that looks like an F, but the rest of
it is missing. Searching on the table does not reveal the other bit.
Anthony checks in the cabinet and the fire place, but there is nothing more interesting in here. They decide to go to the other room.