It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife-beating call was metaphoric: cleric

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Wife-beating call was metaphoric: cleric

news.ninemsn.com.au

The prime minister has demanded a Melbourne Islamic cleric apologise for reportedly telling male followers they can force their wives to have sex, and hit them if they're disobedient.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread334174/pg1[MOD note: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums[/url]

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 1/22/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Finally a world leader with the guts to stand up to these medieval thinking barbaric Muslims!

For far to long politicians and leaders have looked the other way out of fear and political correctness. And I agree with Mr. Rudd 100% - under no circumstances is violence and abuse acceptable towards women.

Now if only the rest of the world will follow suit, then maybe we can get these misogynists to change their thinking. Impossible you say? That what people used to say about having an African American as President!!

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/22/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

"Mr Hamza, a cleric in the Melbourne suburb of Coburg, told News Limited a man could hit his wife on the hand or leg, but not on the head....

"After you have advised them (not to be disobedient) for a long, long time then you smack them, you beat them and, please, brothers, calm down, the beating the Mohammed showed is like the toothbrush that you use to brush your teeth.

"You are not allowed to bruise them, you are not allowed to make them bleed."

If he wasn't muslim and said the same thing... would this be news worthy?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated
reply to post by WatchNLearn

"Mr Hamza, a cleric in the Melbourne suburb of Coburg, told News Limited a man could hit his wife on the hand or leg, but not on the head....

"After you have advised them (not to be disobedient) for a long, long time then you smack them, you beat them and, please, brothers, calm down, the beating the Mohammed showed is like the toothbrush that you use to brush your teeth.

"You are not allowed to bruise them, you are not allowed to make them bleed."

If he wasn't muslim and said the same thing... would this be news worthy?

Probably not and that is a sad thing.

Why does domestic violence have to have a religious componant before it is called out? Why is a guy saying it's okay to hit woman because Mohammad said it's okay worse than a guy beating someone because he thinks he has the divine right to enforce that he is the head of the household?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

A very good question. My guess, is, no, it wouldn't get so much as a second glance had this imbecile been a rabbi or a bishop.

But hey, the media know who to target. They have their orders.

On the other hand, this cleric should really just keep his mouth shut, or take his medieval BS and emigrate to Saudi Arabia, home of Wahhabism.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

the beating the Mohammed showed is like the toothbrush that you use to brush your teeth

can someone please interpret this part? I don't understand. Is he saying you beat them with a toothbrush?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Obliterated

"can someone please interpret this part? I don't understand. Is he saying you beat them with a toothbrush?"

How often do you bush your teeth?

Perhaps he is saying that is how often you should beat your wife?

Or perhaps he was recommending technique - beat her in small circles?

*WTF!, I'm confused.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is a duplicate thread.

I already posted this article today.

Check it here...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

maybe it means the beating has to be as painful as brushing your teeth?

If I had a husband and he were to beat me with a toothbrush to get me to sleep with him i would probably die of laughter.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
As previously stated, this is a duplicate thread.

Please post all replies in the ongoing thread.

Thread

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join