It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret towers of the Himalayas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In the Himalayas often close to the old trade routes are old towers, notable for there odd construction and age. Many are thought to be 1,000 or 1,200 years old and some appear to have been rebuilt.

The first link is pages from a book, you can read the material about the towers which are in the MinMountains of the Maoxian region, in the Western Sichuan province.

The towers

As Darragon recounts, the towers are found in what is known as the ”Tribal Corridor” between Central Tibet and China. This area has been inhabited time out of mind by a distinctly varied assortment
of tribes, often categorized in Chinese ancient texts as the Quiang Ren.............The oldest towers are those found at the highest altitude,
in Kongpo in the southeast of the Tibetan Autonomous Region.

More text on the towers

Another source

This thread based on a similar thread by Paul H at the Hall of Ma'at

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
ok so they built lookout towers a long time ago. whats the point of this thread are they special or something?

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I find this quite intriguing, because what would people already living so high up need to worry about? Not like they aren't going to see them coming up the mountain and coming over the peak? Must be pretty desperate. Nice thread I like it. Find more about there 'towers'!

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Thanks, Hans for the wonderful post.

Never seen or heard or read about them before.

These could be watch towers / relay signal towers to keep watch for invaders/marauders.

The Smithsonian Article on the towers say

As the Smithsonian article relates, many theories have been put forward. Some say the towers were defensive in nature, that this was a lawless land subject to internecine raiding and invasion from outside. Indeed, many of them seem to have been designed for that purpose, as integral
features of fortified hamlets. The entryways of some towers were several meters above ground level (like the towers built by the Irish monks to safeguard themselves against Viking raiders.)

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I'd seen them once before in a National geographic from the 1920's I think. If you look at the first link you'll get a picture that will give you a good idea of the size of these things.

Mysterious? Not particularly just kinda cool.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
These towers are really mysterious. Who built them, why were they built? What is also amazing is that in a geographic area known for seismic activity the towers construction has relatively survived the ages.

Some have speculated that these towers may have been storage silos because of the proximity to local trade routes. Others speculate that the towers were created by local authorities to serve as a sign of power in the region.

Whatever the case may be it's interesting because the local people have no idea why or who created hundreds of these towers dotting the landscape in Asia.

farshores.org...

www.china.org.cn...

Interesting. A lost civilization? or perhaps Mongol defence networks?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

very cool,
watch towers like that are found all along the ancient chinese western "frontier".

they are still used to watch for bandits in western china.
the oldest go back to the qin dynasty.

Although the tibetian towers, i suspect were as much a winter sanctuary as as watch towers. Just like my friends 2 story cabin high in the sierra nevada mountains, the "winter" door is placed 12-15' above the ground to get it above snow level. And tall and pointy makes for good snow shedding from the roof.
In the summer they could be used as watch towers and sanctuaries from bandits, or chinese armies.
On an unrelated side note about banditry,
I recently learned why the english and the japanese drive on the left side of the road. It is so your pistol or sword arm can cover the roadway if set on by bandits. Since most people are right handed if you travel on the right side of the road you have to cross your sword or pistol over your body to defend yourself.

Bandits and winter shelter is my vote for the himalayan towers.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I saw that program on NG. I thought the towers were too close together to serve as signalling towers, and were bettered suited for shelter/defense/storage multirole.

The Inca used storage buildings designed to freeze-dry potatoes and such by taking advantage of temperature and wind conditions, if I remember correctly, something similiar might be happening with those towers. But thinking about that prompted me to think of what the conditions might have been like when the towers were built, and it occurred to me that just possibly they may have formed an aerial highway of bridges linking the towers to make travel easier and safer. Purely speculation on my part, but the bridging materials would most likely be biodegradeable and thus would have left no traces whatsoever, especially if the tower tops have been lost to earthquakes and such. If any tops are intact, however, there might be attachment points or wear marks still visible.

Like I said, I'm not not asserting anything, just speculating on the possibilities.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me what mankind is capable of doing while using only the most basic tools.

It's easy to imagine that they could have been used at a form of long-distance communitation, or even lookouts, as they were build near a major trade route.

Beautiful structures, and an interesting look at a far-flung culture.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Monger]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Some of these towers were 15 stories tall which is pretty huge, especially if we're talking about 500-1,200 years ago. What's really interesting is that the builders had the intelligence to build massively tall towers (thousands), but to this date no peoples in that region seem to have a written language at all. It's bitter-sweet in that sense, because we'll likely only ever speculate as to the true reason for these towers.

I'm inclined to believe they were for lookout. Being in rough terrain like that, they'd have to be quite tall in order to get a true birds-eye view. Additionally, they may have serve the same purpose as a sort of light house does, reaching up out of the hills and such to make people aware that there was a village approaching?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Remede towers

Oh crap - It's a star gate.

... the star tower ... Eight outward and eight inward pointing corners, all sixteen corners of both towers battered back at precisely the same angle.

www.stonefoundation.org...

With instructions

Matthew 7:13
"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Twin epitomes of the star tower concept, the Remede towers, built around 1200 AD. Eleven meters (36 feet) wide at base, thirty meters (almost 100 feet) tall. Eight outward and eight inward pointing corners, all sixteen corners of both towers battered back at precisely the same angle. Well-fitted stonemasonry. Marvelous.

www.stonefoundation.org...

[edit on 23-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Oh crap - It's a star gate.

With instructions

10 Questions for the Dalai Lama (Part 1 of 9)

[edit on 23-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Ah INWT I see we have a different understanding of what evidence is.....

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He doesnt have any evidence at all.

Dear OP,

why do you link two unrelated topics to create misleading information?
Are the towers related to STARGATE just because they are built in Star formation???

What relation does the so called Top Secret document you posted regarding Stargate (which any fool can prepare on an old type writer??)???

What relation does a coin depicting a Janus like image have with a stargate and with these towers??

Care to calrify??

Information is available, freely and even at a cost.
Chew on the information. Spit out what you cant. Digest the information. Excrete whats not suitable. Assimilate whats good (as per applicable sciences and knowledge)

edited : to stay in line with the recent decorum guidelines and to ask some more questions to the OP who is quite vague in his posts!!!

[edit on 25/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Sorry for the confusion with the multiple threads. I've put it all together here.

StarGate Disclosure
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ok. Dude, you weave some unrelated topics together and arrive at the conclusion of some connection to stargate.

Now, could /would you be kind enough to answer my questions i posed above???

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
why do you link two unrelated topics to create misleading information?

Are the towers related to STARGATE just because they are built in Star formation???

What relation does the so called Top Secret document you posted regarding Stargate (which any fool can prepare on an old type writer??)???

What relation does a coin depicting a Janus like image have with a stargate and with these towers??

Care to calrify??

I think I answered all of your questions in the disclosure thread.

If not please let me know and I will claify again.

You cannot see all evidence with your eyes only.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Carry On.

[edit on 25/1/09 by coredrill]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Frederique Darragon is also the the co-founder of the Sichuan University Unicorn Heritage Institute.

In the website of the institute, there is a stone towers forum. The link is at
www.suuh.org...

INWT has opened numerous threads on the same issue and finally opened a thread in the survival section which got kicked to the skunk works. In this thread, the OP particularly mentions the names the two towers (the OP like all pseudo guys conveniently forgets to mention that there are other towers also.) as the "Towers of Remedes"!! God knows where he got that name!!!!

he plays on the Picture of two towers alone.

Now here is another picture of some towers

and another tower

and again another tower

All Images Courtesy Sichuan University Unicorn Heritage Institute.

These are as not double towers, but single towers or three towers and on. So dude INWT where goes your Stargate???

[edit on 26/1/09 by coredrill]

[edit on 26/1/09 by coredrill]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join