It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Stabbed to Death at Virginia Tech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Student Stabbed to Death at Virginia Tech

news.aol.com

BLACKSBURG, Va. (Jan. 21) – A female student was stabbed to death Wednesday night on Virginia Tech's campus, triggering a crisis alert system that was revamped after a deadly mass shooting there in 2007.
Students were warned in an electronic alert Wednesday night to stay in place while police investigated the killing, and were told in a message at 8:37 p.m. that they could resume normal activity.
A male suspect was taken into custody around 7:10 p.m., according to a university news release. Campus police responding to an emergency call found the man and a knife they believe was used at the scene, a cafe in the Graduate Life Center.
Both the victim and the suspect are graduate students at Virginia Tech, and police believe they knew each other, the school said.
Further details weren't immediately released, and university officials didn't immediately reply to phone and e-mail messages left seeking comment.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.dailypress.com

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
This seems sad. Whats with that college??? lol

too much crimal activity at that campus.

I want to know what you guys this of this story???

I mean don't you remeber about 2 years ago some chinses kid went on a rampage.

I have to admit that he was smart. He lock himself in with the students.

I want to know if you think they are doing a good job keeping the crime down on campus?

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
There is always going to be crime, no matter how many laws you make and what you do people will always kill each other.

That is just a fact of life. I think this is just a fluke though. Probably a Boyfriend and girlfriend, girlfriend cheated on boyfriend or boyfriend cheated on girlfriend so girlfriend slept with best friend, maybe a bad drug deal, maybe girl owed buy money.

There is no telling why people do what they do just remember people are crazy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by computerwiz32
This seems sad. Whats with that college??? lol

lol?

I want to know what you guys this of this story???

I think this story sheds light on an act of violence that occurs thousands of times daily across the world and is receiving more spotlight only because of what happened there. If it had been any other university, I don't believe we would hear about it on a national level.

I mean don't you remeber about 2 years ago some chinses kid went on a rampage.

He was South Korean.

This appears to be nothing more than an attack on a girlfriend or close personal friend by a boyfriend or close personal friend, as Hastobemoretolife said. Sure, it's bad that it happened, but the worst part is this is only national news because of where it happened, not because it happened.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by computerwiz32

I know what schools are, it's a very harsh and abusive environment. These are filled with people who are like wild hogs who don't know how to restrain themselves. Until students learn how to be kind to each other, these shootings will never end.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i think there is a lot of racism going on in this school....

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

I know what schools are, it's a very harsh and abusive environment. These are filled with people who are like wild hogs who don't know how to restrain themselves. Until students learn how to be kind to each other, these shootings will never end.

How does a person stab someone to death with a gun?

We must take away all the guns or these stabbings will never end!

[edit on 22/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Clearly the problem is that VA Tech isnt a "knife free" zone.

Being a "gun free" zone worked so well..... wait a minute. Scratch that.

Maybe they should just make it a "murder free" zone?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pfeil

You have to push really, really, really hard.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pfeil

Originally posted by ahnggk

How does a person stab someone to death with a gun?

No no, you misread what the ahnggk was saying. Nobody was stabbed with a gun, they were shot with a knife. That, my friend, is a multitool.

As for the OP, how does this qualify as alternative news? Guy got pissed at chick, grabbed knife, and he stabbed her. Sucks, but it's been happening probably since a few days after Grognak the caveman pressure flaked the first knife known to exist. He came back to the cave from hunting, caught Morgak, his wife, doing it mammoth style with a slightly more evolved male, and the fight was on.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Thats why me am never got highers edumacation it is to dangeris to go to schools now a days.

I will take home studied corses.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
From other thread regarding same story. The girl was decapitated?

My LORD!!!

What in the world? Seven witnesses and all this guy had was knife and they stood by and watched while he cut her head off?

Let's see. Cafe. That means chairs. Grab one and smash it over his head? No no, grab SEVEN chairs and smash them over his head. Why are people getting so complacent? If it was a gun maybe, but damn. I just can't believe this. :shk:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm so glad Va Tech is teaching their students morality along with their technical teachings. Oh wait! Never mind. Although, what's a decapitation among friends or a mass shooting & suicide to worry about every year or so?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
well, regarding the above post, I really doubt that the murderer just grabbed a knife off the cafe table. he probably used something a little....sharper and/or longer

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Will the parents of the previously murdered students now raise a hue and cry against knives?

Or will the school institute a "Grow a Pair Of Balls" class...

How long does it take to do that and not a single person nutted up to do anything?

Makes me wonder what type of society we have become when violence visited upon each other is looked at with apathy and/or indiference. Wow. prayers out to Xin Yangs family.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have no idea what the world is coming to anymore. People are afraid to send their children to school. Most high schools have metal dectors and police patroling the hallways.

I graduated high school in 1996 and never had to walk through a metal dector or past a police officer while headed toward my locker! What is happening with kids today? Is it the parenting, the social influences? I didn't live under a rock. Sure there were drugs and a few bullies, but never once was a student carring a weapon to school.

I heard on the news the other night that home schooling has reached it's record high in years. More and more parents are taking their childrens education into their own hands. At first I thought that was a silly thing to do, now more than ever, I'm wondering if that would be the safer thing to do.

Could discipline be an issue here?
I was never hit as a kid, I was never threatened by my parents. But all it took was one look that my mother gave and my sister and I KNEW we were in some deep trouble. You see kids today back talking their parents in a way that would have probably had my mom backhand me in a heartbeat. I'll never know though, because I KNEW BETTER than to disrespect her or my father. It seems there is no respect today and more and kids are getting into more and more serious trouble.

Sorry if this seems to have gone off the topic here, but it seems like a logical correlation. What do you all think?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Another beheading eh? This time at an already infamous psyop location. My first thought is that the war on knifes that has been going on in the UK may be arriving on USA shores.

The war on baseball bats can’t be far off.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
...........................The war on baseball bats can’t be far off.

Why stop there? What about axes, hammers, screwdrives and even ball point pens and we had better not forget about the ban on rocks.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967

Originally posted by resistor
...........................The war on baseball bats can’t be far off.

Why stop there? What about axes, hammers, screwdrivers and even ball point pens and we had better not forget about the ban on rocks.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Personally, I’m in favor of the war on bad breath.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I also am left wondering how people can be so complacent in the face of such violent crime.

Especially when the culprit is outnumbered like this.
I mean seriously, how long does it take to cut someone's head off with a knife? Surely it takes a good measure of time, and that is AFTER you have stabbed them multiple times to incapacitate them.

NOBODY DID ANYTHING?!

# man, I would like to think that I would be all over the dude even if it were just me.

Crazy world we live in folks. This is designed.
I'm not saying that this particular event was a part of a conspiracy, but the complacency of the general population is most certainly a product of social engineering. And a scary one, at that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join