It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first letter in the alphabet... The letter 'A'... pyramid and capstone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The letter 'A' make me wonder...

whoever created the english alphabet must have had the Pyrimid with a Capstone in mind right?

think about it.

It's not being paranoid to suggest this, but just a theory.... JUST A THEORY so don't freak out with insults okay ATS?

if anybody can give any kind of information about the alphabet... I'd appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A very quick Google search would suggest that the letter traces its origin back through the Latin and Greek alphabets to the Phoenician “Aleph” which itself derives its symbol from a glyph depicting an ox’s head.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

And you believe that?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It seems logical and further reading backs it up. Why not?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Correct! It has little to do with a capstone!

The letter A can be traced to a pictogram of an ox head in Egyptian hieroglyphs or the Proto-Sinaitic alphabet.

Source: Wikipedia

I guess that's deflated your theory Doomsday 2029!

A little research next time perhaps?

IRM

[edit on 21/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

horns.... pyramid... what's the diference.

it's still evil... lol.

joke.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Because it is fallacious, that's why. I don't care to have a google/ATS research contest here: maybe someone else can provide this, not me.

Regarding the OP, I wish to make known something pertaining.

Inside the head is a small sphere of energy, which I have seen many times, due to the meditation technique(s) that I have used for decades. Inside this sphere is a pyramid structure, which in most humans is obscured by a greyish mist. This structure (etheric) is approx. 1-1/2". It is also the origin of the term, "through a glass darkly," which is how human consciousness perceives. It is turning, very slowly, and never stops while there is life.

Human consciousness is a pyramid: an actual pyramid: the capstone actually rests upon an energy field which seperates it from the lower structure, just like seen on the us One dollar bill: just like the "A."

Beyond this, I will not reveal.

Let base (base of pyramid) consciousness doubt, for it doubts anything that is not etched in concrete or steel (twin gods of materialism?). Those who know how to enter the Capstone, via the Capstone Path, perceive much more, the Subtle Realm.

Another term for the capstone Path was given by Buddha: the Middle Path.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

This thread has a very similar topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was also debunked but well done for thinking outside the box, might have been an idea to trace the origins as much as you could first though

[edit on 21-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
[edit on 21-1-2009 by violet]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Or it could just be the natural evolution of an ancient symbol as can be observed through the writings of hundreds of generations.

I can see the first symbol, I can see the second which is incredebly similar to the first and used in a similar manner; I can see the third symbol which again shares many similarities with the second and so and so forth until I get to the present letter "A". I can see this for myself, why would I or anyone believe anything different becuase you've done a bit of meditation. You didn't even say that you saw the letter A form while meditating you just said that you see a pyramid and that sort of looks like the letter A. It’s the exact same argument as in the OP with a load of mystical mumbo jumbo thrown in.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

You know what i may actually believe your onto something, although i think the visions you see are brought on by '___' but where that actually takes you is the weird bit. I also think there is a link between epilepsy and kundalini.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is repeatable by me, and was discovered merely by accident. I just observed energy within the mind, which is fairly common to many experienced meditators. It is as readily seen by me, as is your hands, or feet, or arms, or face in a mirror (which could be brought on by epilepsy or dmt related visions, of course: mirrors are tricky devils, eh? Just kidding you!). You can see this , too, for it is not some mumbo-jumbo, it is not 'psychological orientation', or 'subjective imagining,' but an actual energy structure.

Because mankind has not all advanced to the stage of recognizing inner energy, doesn't mean we're crazy, when some do. Ever heard of an aura? Many hold it as highly validated; others, don't, because they can't see or experience it. Good: they have something to look forward to, next lifetime.

I also am a caregiver to a person with mental illness for many years, and have much direct knowledge of these abnormal states, along with years of discussions with trained psychiatrists. Try some meditation yourself, say, 10-20 years, preferrably beginning under a professionally supervised setting. Then we can talk some more about 'altered states.' I don't use subtances, btw.

Insofar as seeing 'just a pyramid,' you might want to practice 'reading and comprehension.' I clearly indicated that the pyramid had a capstone which SAT upon a bed of energy, which I call by a couple different names (clear light, or call it what you may like!). It seperates the capstone. It is an energy field. Reading and comprehension would have made this image as I conveyed it, more clear.

I hardly expect normal human awareness to be able to follow this. It takes effort. Inner effort. I know, now we're talking sci-fi and harry potter. Good grief.

I'm about to leave ATS because of the extreme ignorance I encounter here: the people are best left to there material awarenesses, as I see it.

Anyway, I originally posted for the OP, not anyone else. Please go back to sleep. "Through a Glass, Darkly": How apt. Sorry, I'm just sick of staid minds that wouldn't know an inner awareness if it struck them, hard.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Star and flag for you for working it out.

All of our alphabet letters originate from ancient symbols. The "A" is pretty obvious.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Sorry for the ignorant post.

I'm an American, so you should understand.... I'm basically just an OX on a FARM that does slave work for the governmnet.

Somehow your knowledge, if it is true, was somehow hidden from me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

I think you misunderstood me, and i think you misunderstand epilepsy more.

When i said '___' - '___' is what creates your dreams - without they would not exist - it is a natural substance created in the brain, i am not suggesting it is through taking in this substance additionally. I think the the bridge between the pysical and the spiritual lies in the pineal gland.

I also believe in the Chakra's - also believe that that epilepsy is connected with the crown chakra - but then you may already know that?

To try to explain this better i'll direct you to another thread rather than continue here as it is off topic:

and another you may wish to contribute too:

sorry if i appear to have a staid mind that wouldn't know an inner awareness if it struck me hard?????????????????????

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I teach specialized pineal awakening techniques (meditation), which have actual results for people who follow the practices. It takes time. I am well aware of dmt and the pineal association. I also take weekly doses of melatonin and L,Tryptophan, but generally either one or the other, no more than once a week. At one time (1/4 century ago), I took 3 grams of Tryptophan a night.

In regard to epilepsy and the crown energy lens, I disagree. It can be true for individuals, but it is very varied. I've also met eplileptics, not just cursorily. I also have noticed that very many of certain type people (energetically involved), are highly subject to the disabling onset of mental illness. I spent much time in a Scholastica library studying religious experience and associated epileptic states! The connection is not absolute, please understand.

I firmly believe there is something beyond the "A" connection and the Pyramid/Capstone than what has been mundanely recorded, although I admit I have not given it personal study. I have merely dabbled. I will check out your links tomorrow. Sorry if I offended. It is hard to relate when not using commonly accepted forms of information.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

For the record this is straying way of topic but since that seems to have been dealt with…

What you see may be repeatable by you but not by the majority and certainly not in a controlled manner that can verify that what you are saying is correct. You may not be crazy but it doesn’t mean you’re tapping into a higher state or greater level of consciousness either. I’m not saying that certain meditation techniques have no effect but perhaps all you are doing is generating squiggly lines and colours with ultimately no significance other than to yourself.

Why do so many people do the exact same thing (meditate) and yet report vastly different results? From alien dimensions to chats with gods to ascending to a higher consciousness to weight loss; why is your explanation more valid than those?

As for what you said and how it relates to the OP, the crux of it was that you saw a pyramid in your head so therefore the letter A must be derived from that and to hell with the evidence. The capstone being separated or not is irrelevant you are still taking one thing and inferring a connection to something totally unrelated by the mere fact that they look somewhat alike. It’s still totally illogical.

Originally posted by SS,NagaI hardly expect normal human awareness to be able to follow this. It takes effort. Inner effort. I know, now we're talking sci-fi and harry potter. Good grief.

I'm about to leave ATS because of the extreme ignorance I encounter here: the people are best left to there material awarenesses, as I see it.[edit on 22-1-2009 by SS,Naga]

Come on, if you’re going to jump into threads and present your personal mysticism as fact and use it to challenge a researched and evidenced argument then expect to be challenged.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Please do check out the links. I do agree with you that not all epileptics experience this, but some do and it is those i am interested in. I did not know about either yet i experienced things both describe - so similar it has got me convinced it is more than coincidence. I still there is a connection but i'm not entirely alone

books.google.co.uk... =en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result

www.colourtherapyhealing.com...

Please reconsider leaving us at ATS, some do wish to listen, those who don't then leave them to it. Its their loss. You just may have to understand, for people who haven't experienced this it is a little hard to understand something that is in reality difficult to explain.

Still no conspiracy with the letter A as far as i am concerned though, still stand by my first post on that, unless you can fill in the blanks for me
:

[edit on 22-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I have a question for you?
Who spoke or wrote the "First word" and what were they trying to say/depict?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

First, you are coming from a postion of commonality. No, people who are experienced meditator's Do Not all have the same 'flashing lights' in their silly heads, sorry. Here's a more varied view:

I've encountered, and read posts, and books, of people who have meditated for years, in some cases, decades, with results that were little more than 'calming' to their mind's and bodies.

Others 'hear voices;' others 'see' many varied things.

Others, like myself, achieve spontaneous expansion of awareness. It is often a result of Intent; othertimes, it is a developed experience they find/achieve through meditation. Meditation is Not necessary to achieve expansion of awareness experiences: these are often simply 'spontaneous.'

Now, please be kind enough to check The Matrix Traveller's post, where he speaks about the Origin of the letter "A." You will certainly find it pure bs: I've read every post by MT since I registered, and I went hunting this one for you folks on this thread. He explains the Origin of the Aleph, as he knows it. Here's a quote:

"The Ionic written Language came from The Zionic Language that has been lost to the world but we can find indications of this language having been in the past which will take another article to explain to you."

Also, for your personal information, if you check some of my posts, you'll see where I have clearly indicated I have experienced Cosmic Consciousness on a number of occasions, first time when I was 17 (never used any substances). It was purely spontaneous, lasted for three days.

I have encountered few people who have shared the experience. Very few. There is a current 'enlightenment' thread going on ATS where another person indicates they've experienced it: it sounds like my own awareness of it, in a different person's terms. I have heard one radio interview having to do with aliens where a girl (California) called in and said she'd also experienced it at 17, but never understood it (she stated she was my current age, also: I'm from the North, and I heard of hers 40 yrs. afterwards, thanks!).

So, meditation is not all that common. I experience Samadhi (similar to CC, but I do not denote it as the same, but different: just words, I guess) on a regular basis through the special techniques I have developed in meditation. Not all are of the same levels of achievement. The variations are, literally, cosmic in proportions, even 'infinite,' perhaps.

You believe as you feel you must: to deny what you don't know, is just that: denial, not knowledge.

Also, the pyramid 'A' like structure is in every last living human's head, within etheric fields (many levels). Because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't 'there.' It is. In fact, a person with a missing portion of an arm or leg will often describe 'feeling' it, whether You can see it or not. Study or read up on this a bit, you'll find it so. Many mysterious in our universe.

I have achieved high levels of inner awareness through expansion of my consciousness. Ingo Swann is one who has laid ample proofs of beyond normal states of awareness, and their validity (study him for some shockers).

Do not limit others by your own limitations. I don't, and am thusly more expansive minded. Not crazy, either (a subjective social idea for what is out of/beyond ordinary acceptance).

And I am a member of 12 different forum sites similar to ATS: quite used to the 'challenge' of opinions & beliefs; certainly my own. And no, I am not intending to be derisive toward you: I am attempting to point out something beyond your current acceptance. I find you very fair minded, which is refreshing for me. You do not concur with my statements/beliefs, but are not abusive.

As far as the "A" goes, and it's connexions to the Pyramid, I merely believe it, especially in light of The Matrix Traveller's own explanations, which are similar to my own. What he describes, I have witnessed (within my mind, also: not an acceptable source of validity, as you point out!).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join