It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Warns Mexico Could Destabilize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Joint Forces Report Warns Mexico Could Destabilize

USJFCOM recently issued a report on worldwide security threats and places Mexico on the same plane as Pakistan as one of two countries that "bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse."

EL PASO -- Mexico is one of two countries that "bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse," according to a report by the U.S. Joint Forces Command on worldwide security threats.

The command's "Joint Operating Environment (JOE 2008)" report, which contains projections of global threats and potential next wars, puts Pakistan on the same level as Mexico. "In terms of worse-case scenarios for the Joint Force and indeed the world, two large and important states bear consideration for a rapid and sudden collapse: Pakistan and Mexico.

Read full article here...

Related Articles:
Chertoff: Military ready if drug gangs cross border

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Where did you come from?

I've lived within an hour of the U.S.-Mexico border over 50 years.
"Could Destabilize?"

You've got to have been elsewhere not to have noticed that our friends to the South have been subject to the influence of money, drugs and power for at least a little while now.

Mexican government (is that an oxymoron?) has been notoriously corrupt forever.

It took this long for MSM to notice?

Hell, anyone from South Texas could've told you this anytime within the last 20 years.

Mexico is now and has never been anything but, the fiefdom of men with enough money to buy support and evade prosecution.

Nice people, great food, wild cantinas. Don't want to live there.

jw

p.s.: did you hear about the student toursists who crossed at Brownsville in 1985 and lost their spines (literally; their bones were stolen from their living bodies). This is not news.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I too am from Texas. I find it funny as well.

I've heard a lot of things about Mexico. I also remember this one incident involving drug cartels coming across the border and buying guns from our gun shows and smuggling them back across the border into Mexico to use them against the police.

One of which was a 50 caliber sniper rifle used to assassinate a police chief in Juarez.

I made a thread about this a while back.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Thanks man I was about to post that.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, I am located in Mexicali, Baja California, México. I am right at the border.

I have seen an increase in corruption in the last one year or so, and also an increase in gang activity as well as masked police riding all over the city I live in riffle in hand, as well as different corporations of police, and the military.

I never did see that before, and as far as I have read, it´s the preamble to the instauration of the North American Union. In 2005 our President of Change, similar to your newly appointed Obama, Vicente Fox, signed the preamble to the Northamerican Union. In it it says that the US military is allowed to take over Mexico in case of distabilization of the country, as well as it allows the Canadians to patrol within the US.

Stop seeing this as a "Fu*k it, I don't care", because in the end, TPTB will try to unite the three countries. In this, we're together.

I see very few Americans traveling into the city or marching through the city towards the beaches, and the few I see are crying over money all the time. They think $15 dollars is a lot of money and they think a dollar buys more than it would 3 years ago.

I like American patriots who see after their country and constitution, because I see after mine and my constitution.

I see our civil liberties being eroded because hte authorities are rwriting executive orders to circunvent the Constitution to erode our liberties. Our government is, sadly a puppet government for the US. If it was for me, I'd had had all of the dollar long gone from our central bank's reserve and would be long replaced with Silver, which we have a lot of.

I sincerely think that Mexico will not go under if it's not in the interest of the USA. And that's sad. We have a life-line to the Titanic, and that's scary.

[edit on 22/1/2009 by Mexican against NAU]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If they could just stop those drug cartels.
Maybe the US could help, they owe it to Mexico.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje

It depends by what you mean by HELP.

The US "helps" others only when there is an interest for them. Read the US long list of military interventions and check history of the country at the time, and you will see the true intentions behind those wars to "free the friends of America in distress."

Sometimes not helping is true help, indeed.

I am affraid that the US will destabilize Mexico to take over it.

See Plan Mexico, and you will understand my fears.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mortje

The Mexican government does not really want the drug cartels to be stopped because the politicians have great interests in drug trafficking. They're making millions out of it.
A lot of people in Mexico are asking for the legalization of drugs but it will never pass in Congress because the price of drugs would go down and then it would not be such a profitable business.
There is really no way to end the corruption in Mexico. Zero. Nada.
The only way that would probably help some is for American drug consumers to stop buying drugs. They are the largest market for Mexican drug cartels, but we all know that this will never happen, addiction is hard to beat.
Plus with the economy the way it's headed, more and more people will join the drug cartels' ranks as a way to get easy money.
I really feel hopeless about Mexico right now.

new topics

top topics

join