if all of israeli citizens had to go through military training.....

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
then would they not all be considered enemy combatants? So I mean wouldnt that also mean that who ever (except for those to young to ever have gone through military training) is considered fair game? So that the argument that Hamas is shelling civilians not really hold up, since they are actually shelling people who have gone through military training.

Just to specify few things, I am pro-Israel if for no other reason for the fact that great innovations and businesses come out of the country. Secondly I do not claim to know, but it is just my understanding that all Israeli citizens must go through military training. Third this is more of a legal argument, rather than trying to justify Hamas behavior.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Desolate Cancer

Women do office work in the military not combat.
Men only 30% have combat training the rest are paper pushers.

Regardless once they leave mandatory service they are just civilians…

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
As far as I can remember, no. In terms of International Humanitarian Law a combatant (lawful or unlawful) is not defined by whether they have military training but by whether they are actively participating in armed conflict against one of the belligerent parties during the period an incident occurs.

join