It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your slant?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I have always been fascinated with handwriting analysis.
This website lists one meaning of a left, vertical, or right slant. viewzone

The Slant of the Writing; What Does it Mean? The slant is the second indicator to look for. The slant indicates the writers emotional response to external forces. A right slant (////) signals one who responds strongly to emotional situations. They are caring, warm and outgoing-- their heart rules their mind. A vertical slant (llll) writer tries to keep their emotions in check-- mind rules their heart. A left slant writer (\\\\) will conceal their emotions and is observed as cold and indifferent.

I tend to write with a right slant (emotional), but I do have a vertical one I use as well. In fact I have several different writing styles....I may have MPD.

Do you feel this slant theory holds true? Any left slanters out there?
I knew one who was definitely "colder and closed off".

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Vertical, my writing has gotten progressively less slanted over the years (my ex was into this, he tried to learn to write left-slanted afterward to appear "cooler" and smarter." Nope, it didn't work!). Writing points toward your dominant hand, I am a lefty on many things but was taught to write with the other hand.
Any other ambidextrous people out there also a vertical?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Also known as Graphology....These are some of its basic tenets.

Graphology is based upon the following basic assertions: * When we write, the ego is active but it is not always active to the same degree. Its activity waxes and wanes; being at its highest level when an effort has to be made by the writer and at its lowest level when the motion of the writing organ has gained momentum and is driven by it.
So both conscious and unconscious. I tend to write certain ways in certain circumstances, just like how I act.

When the action of writing is comparatively difficult, the writer uses those forms of letters which are simpler or more familiar.
like essay exams? Those were very messy and I wrote hard. Developed quite a callous. But is that our "habit" writing, or closer to our "true" handwriting style?

wiki

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

* Circular handwriting indicates an agreeable, easygoing nature. * Angular handwriting with sharp points indicates aggressiveness, directness, and high energy * Square handwriting indicates a real world, practical based approach * Squiggles and irregular strokes indicate an artistic and non standard approach
I am very circular. And that is usually true about me, but like I said I change, and do the irregular stuff too. I definitely take an artistic non standard approach to life at times.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
More from Wiki~

* The letter "t" has the largest number of interpretations. For example where the horizontal "bar" of the t is placed on the vertical "stem" indicates where one places their goals, while the height of the t stem indicates the potential to accomplish those goals.
* A low t bar indicates goals or self esteem set lower than what can be accomplished.
* A t bar high on the stem indicates goals set high and a high self esteem.
* A t bar that is above the stem indicates setting goals higher than can be accomplished. * A cursive y that has been crossed back over ornately or several times can indicate a perverted state of mind.

I guess I better watch my "ys" and not my ps and qs....

[edit on 21-1-2009 by seagrass]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
Vertical, my writing has gotten progressively less slanted over the years (my ex was into this, he tried to learn to write left-slanted afterward to appear "cooler" and smarter." Nope, it didn't work!). Writing points toward your dominant hand, I am a lefty on many things but was taught to write with the other hand.
Any other ambidextrous people out there also a vertical?
I knew one only and her writing was identical with both hands. I though it was amazing.
I think the only other lefty I know writes vertical too, but I would have to look again. Just working off of memory I think she did.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I always use a bold right slant (//////). If I'm trying to write sometihing neatly, I can usually keep the letters straight, but I never slant left.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
I always use a bold right slant (//////). If I'm trying to write sometihing neatly, I can usually keep the letters straight, but I never slant left.
I never left hand slant unless I am forging.. hee
no, I have tried it to see if I like it..
and I am pretty good at copying peoples writing styles.
I used to have my mom and dads down pat. (you know, just in case)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Evasius, are you also emotional? I would guess so as a writer....

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

hey again Seagrass :-)

do they say anything about handwriting that's such a mess you can't eve read it?

mine used to slant right - now, seriously - shoots off in all directions

not sure if I want to know what that means

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

hey again Seagrass :-)

do they say anything about handwriting that's such a mess you can't eve read it?

mine used to slant right - now, seriously - shoots off in all directions

not sure if I want to know what that means
Sounds like artistic confusion, but then again, I know you a little bit...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Spira I think you are okay as long as you don't have this too, from viewzone...

1. A writer with heavy pressure and a vertical slant. Heavy pressure= strong emotions and vertical slant= trying to hold emotions back. This writer is usually the one who keeps his wits about him. When "all hell breaks loose," his head rules. He will not be as emotionally responsive as a right slant writer and will "keep cool". This "heavy pressure-vertical slant" writer won't be able to keep his cool all of the time. When his emotions get the best of him he may "fly off the handle" at unpredictable times.

Maybe you don't know how you feel, or what to think, but it's better than perverted y's and flying off the handle.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Slant right
with squiggles
and a high T bar (

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
artistic confusion

or - just confusion

or maybe too much time at a keyboard - not enough time with a pen

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 100% Real
Slant right
with squiggles
and a high T bar (
I guess a new term for a healthy ego could be "he's a high T"

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

My sister writes with her left hand normally but does everything else with her right hand. I can't tell the difference when she writes with her right or left hand. Both are mostly vertical and very loopy and open. She such feminine handwritting.

Mine is also vertical and rather loopy, unless Im writting in a rush. Then its messy and kinda scribbled. I can also imitate others handwritting pretty well. I used to sign my mothers name on all my papers for school that required a signature (she knew about it, she thought it was neat how I could copy her signature perfectly by the 5th grade!). Now I can sign my husbands name, my dad, my moms, my best friend. LOL! Never to forge anything, Im not that stupid! Just to show them I can. It's kinda fun.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I can write in cursive backwards... I thought maybe I was Di Vinci reincarnated. I can even do it upside down and backwards, but that is much more difficult.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I am right-handed, but my writing slants left. I do tend to conceal my emotions, but no one who knows me would say I am cold or indifferent. I'm a mother lion that takes care of everyone. But what they see is the warmth, love and compassion I extend to others. Few people see my personal emotions. That's my thing, not theirs.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
this kinda stuff is so bunk,
You cant tell jack from a persons hand writiing, or from their horoscope, and i really can't stand those body language analysts they have on TV sometimes....

It's all totally 100% fake, I don't care how much research you have saying otherwise, i still don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
this kinda stuff is so bunk,
You cant tell jack from a persons hand writiing, or from their horoscope, and i really can't stand those body language analysts they have on TV sometimes....

It's all totally 100% fake, I don't care how much research you have saying otherwise, i still don't buy it.
You sound pretty sure about that. But I think they actually have used them in court cases and forensics, so be careful...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join