It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read This Book!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If you haven't already read The Road by Cormac McCarthy, read it. If you have (as I'm sure many members have) give it to a friend and ask them to read it. I'm in no way affiliated with the publisher, the author or the Weinstein Company (Movie Rights). I do however have this gut feeling that our civilization is on the verge of collapse and no book better illustrates what we could be in for than The Road. Read it, think about the future and prepare.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The Road was an amazing book. It makes a person look at our most base needs and emotions. At the end of civilization all that poor man cared about was bettering his child's life. Yes - I see it coming-

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Interesting.
I may just check Amazon for a copy.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I was recommended The Road by another ATS member, ColoradoJens who read my ATS short story These Dark Worlds. My story deals with a disaster & survival (among other things).

I have the book as a pdf - if you haven't read it yet, here it is: The Road

[edit on 21/1/09 by Evasius]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Road is an amazing book, I second this recommendation. I also highly recommend Blood Meridian, by the same author. While we're at it, can we turn this thread into a book recommendation thread or is there one already? I recommend for those of you interested in political change and activism in the new administration this book: Thinking Big. It's informed so many of my conversations in the past week and helped me to alert people that things have changed in the US and we need new ideas to face the new times.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks for the link Evasius, I'll give it a go.

Lets hope it isn't too dark. I've heard of the book Blood Meridian before, but Cormac McCarthy is new to me, looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nuisance value

I read "The Road" an awesome book with a dire message for mankind. I would also recommend others read "Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit " by Daniel Quinn. It has totally revised my perspective on life.

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The Road is a great read...it's managed to exist both in the 'popular fiction' camp and the 'literary fiction' camp. You can read it on the bus or in the classroom.

I also really enjoyed McCarthy's Blood Meridian, but I'm sure it's not something everyone would like...read that one if you like dense, symbolic, archaic prose that's highly violent. Very different style.

Again, two thumbs up on The Road.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

I read Ishmael:An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit quite a while ago now it's an excellent book.

Yeah it changed my outlook on life in a big way.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Thanks so much for the link

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The road is a great book. Terribly depressing though.

Here is a link to Ishmael:

www.scribd.com...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Karlhungis]

top topics

join