It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stainless Steel 1936 Ford

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Most have heard of the DeLorean stainless steel car, but did you know that in 1936 Henry Ford was convinced to build a stainless steel Ford?

Well, he did and it wasn't the only only one.

www.alleghenyludlum.com...

]

bearcreekledger.com...

www.deloreanmotorcar.com...

Google Search

[edit on 2009/1/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's pretty sweet. Looks much better than a Delorean.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My fathers pride and joy is his 36 ford coupe street rod. I'll have to send him this link to check out.

Great find!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You just cannot beat the old fords; I have just sold on a 65 ford Anglia that I restored that was a joy to drive

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now that's a beauty to behold!

I never knew it existed! Great find!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm originally from the town where that picture was probably taken. Allegheny Ludlum or uncle Al as we called it is a specialty steel company and they mainly make stainless. Said town (Natrona, PA) is 2/3 steel mill and 1/3 town.

They have several more of those, I didn't look at the link but I think a later model Lincoln and something else. See them as a kid in the local parades and they are nice.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Very nice pictures, thank you! I have seen them in a parade and heard about them for years...but never got a really good look.

I have grown up in Natrona Heights area(just up the hill fron the pictures location)and heard a similar story from many different people over many years. Supposedly this Natrona, Pa Allegheny Ludlum plant was on hitlers list of places to exterminate due to the plants involvement with nuclear weapons. There is also a confirmed nuclear waste site within a 1/2 mile of the plant.

Any info?

new topics

top topics

join