It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is sworn in for second time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
The first oath wasn't ligit! Then they do another one behind closed doors without the Bible. Why did they decide not to use the Bible and break from tradition on the second oath? They couldn't find one?

Well, I certainly don't carry one in my pocket. Maybe Bush took the Gideons's White House copy with him. And the first oath was legit. probably. Just to be sure that no shenanigans were called, they performed it again.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Perhaps it is mentioned in the messages following this one I'm responding to, but has anyone given any thought to the possibility that the messin' up of the swearing-in was so they could do the session in private later and use any or all of the other names he has used at various times in his life?

That hoodwinking would cover all of the bases. There should have been at least recordings made of the "private" swearing-in. That should be our right to hear it the actual ceremony. But realistically, it should be our right to see it being done. The whole deal starts to smell when we are told that only four journalists were present. Why? Due to their own acts, we can and must expect foul play here from the very beginning in regard to Obama's legitimate right to be President.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Perhaps it is mentioned in the messages following this one I'm responding to, but has anyone given any thought to the possibility that the messin' up of the swearing-in was so they could do the session in private later and use any or all of the other names he has used at various times in his life?

That hasn't been mentioned as far as I know.

However, I don't think that makes much sense. It would mean that Barack Obama wasn't his legal name and he would have to sworn in with another name because of that.

But Obama has been signing the Executive Orders and other documents as 'Barack Obama'.

If they did a private session to sworn in with Obama's (in theory) legal name, then he would have to also sign all legally-binding documents with his 'real' name.

Press Secretary Gibbs said Obama took the oath a 2nd time because the White House Office of Legal Counsel advised him to. When asked by the press if he should re-sign the Executive Orders he signed before the 2nd sworn in, Gibbs said the OLC didn't feel he had to.

I disagree with this however. The Constitution says the President can't exercise his executive powers until he takes the oath. If the OLC said it would be prudent to take the oath again, then in my mind, it would be just as prudent to re-sign the documents, and their duality in this matter is beyond me.

Of course I'm no legal or Constitutional expert, so they might know something that I don't. But common sense would tell me he should have to re-sign the documents.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by converge]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
He couldn't even get the very first thing he did right.
Where's the condemnation? lf Bush flubbed the oath it would make catastrophic headlines for four years. This is the first page of the Obamaism scrap book. He changed the presidential seal during his campaign now he tried to change the oath. What is next????

You're really just not that bright, are you?

Roberts blew the oath as he administered it. Obama began to say the correct version, then stopped and went with Roberts' erroneous version.

But hey, keep up the psychobabble - it gives a great insight into the mind of a fanatic.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Looks like he was more serious about a Bible being present at a "rehersal" than the real (second try) thing!!!

I needed one here..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join